Outdoors
Sponsored by

Wood Duck Mount Ideas Needed

15,524 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 13 yr ago by Animal
justsomeguy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Can yall give me some ideas of some good mounts or pics for a wood duck mount so I can give it to the taxidermist? One that hangs on a wall is what I need.
Fishin Texas Aggie 05
AG
Flying with wings out streached with the body canted in on a price of rough wood
Dynastar97
I actually prefer a perched mount with wood ducks as opposed to in flight. But that's really more of a personal preference with me. Something more like this for a wall mount...
Sean Jeffrey Babineaux IV
AG
Here's mine:

Gig'em
bushman
AG
My dad has a "hollow opening" from an old oak tree that he is waiting to use for a pair of woodies, hen sitting in the hole and drake landing next to her.
DUman08
AG
my buddy has a wood duck box on his wall and the drake standing on it and hen poking her head out of the boxs hole.
sunchaser
AG
http://www.birdmanstudios.com/
jumpmaster93
Not sure that this the best mount for a wood duck---but the taxidermist in Eagle lake has several "decoy" mounts--swimming position==nice work
water turkey
I like the wood duck standing preening his wing with one leg up
txaggie02
AG
I've never been a fan of the flying wood duck mount. It takes away all the beautiful colors from the bird. Agree with the standing and preening pose. I really think that shows the birds assets off best.
CyanideJenkins
AG
I've always been partial to the "in-flight" mounts.
Dynastar97
From sunchaser's link...(great link by the way)...
Animal
AG
Is is just me or did anyboddy else think "coot feet" when looking at the picture Dynastar97
posted?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.