Outdoors
Sponsored by

Banded Birds

35,982 Views | 116 Replies | Last: 14 yr ago by Nagler
stroodles
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
texaspigeonracer has got to be a troll. Everything fits too well. they signed up today and already spent the time to write a signature, and actually use it. Also put the proper code into the profile to link a picture. Nice try, but i dont buy it
Javelina
AG
I love this board.
trouble
AG

Do people race rats as well?
Post removed:
by user
CanyonAg77
AG
Must not be very good racing pigeons if they can't outrun a shotgun blast.

Sounds like a good way to select for the fastest pigeons.

And is this serious?
quote:
hey *******, I'm good friends with the guy you called who "got smart" and let me tell you a few things. First off, **** you you ****ing piece of ****. Second, he had every right to "get smart" not only did your little stunt cost him money, he had significant time invested into training that bird. Instead of being an *******, you should be offering to compensate him

If true, sucks to lose your birds, but as said above, what kind of idiot releases racing pigeons during dove season?
txagfred04
I just wish you had recorded the phone calls
straw
DVM97
AG
STFU? Seriously, someone got their panties in a wadd due to their pet pigeons being shot during dove season??? I'm not sure if you could TRY and make this sht up! Pigeons whether they are racing or otherwise once "free" and flying are fair game for shotgunners. How exactly does one differentiate a domestic wild pigeon from a "racing" pigeon? If 100 pigeons fly over me during dove season odds are high I'm gonna try and knock one down, if I'm not mistaken there is not even a season or limit on these birds.

Pigeon racer, as a "new" member here why don't you try and be more cordial to the veterans on here.

DVM
Swarely
now that i think about it, that guy asking for the body back might be due to some sort of insurance thing. i assume there has to be some sort of pigeon racing insurance right?
redassag12
AG
quote:
Must not be very good racing pigeons if they can't outrun a shotgun blast

FTW
Bobby Ewing
AG
Had a friend who bagged a racing pigeon this weekend too. He called the number on the band too and found out it was a racing pigeon. He asked the guy if he knew it was the opening weekend of dove season. Sucks for him I guess. Now most of us can tell between a pigeon and a dove but any freebie that flies within range of me is going down too.
YellowPot_97
AG
there's no point in being an ass about it. no need in bringing negative attention to hunters. be an ambassador, not a dick. would you shoot someones coon dog out in the woods? after all it's a feral animal out running around.

as far as wanting it back, it could be insurance or it could be that the guy just wants to bury his animal. these birds get top of the line treatment. heat, AC, great living conditions. these birds are like pets.

Codeno
AG
I have about 20 of these guys living outside my apartment if anyone needs a replacement racer.
texaspigeonracer
quote:

Pigeon racer, as a "new" member here why don't you try and be more cordial to the veterans on here.

I'm not here to make friends, I'm here to let DUman know what a piece of **** he is. Why would I want to be cordial to a bunch of *******s who think this is ok? I would think that a DVM would be a little more sympathetic to the loss of prized animals.

cordially yours,

texaspigeonracer

----------------------------------------------------------

http://www.txcenter.org/index.htm
trouble
AG
I don't think the guy that wanted the body back was out of line but the other one? take a pill
ENG
AG
trouble
AG
quote:
I'm not here to make friends, I'm here to let DUman know what a piece of **** he is. Why would I want to be cordial to a bunch of *******s who think this is ok? I would think that a DVM would be a little more sympathetic to the loss of prized animals.

Don't release prized animals into the sky where men will have guns pointed.

Racing during dove season is just dumb.
Jrod05
AG
Man this is an entire new level of awesomeness.

I like the thought that this yahoo pigeonracertroll thinks you shouldnt use a shotgun cause you cannot tell a banded dove from a feral.

Looks like i better turn my gun in.

Gus Chiggins
YellowPot, I'm pretty sure there aren't wild coon hounds running around the woods.

Oh and if any of y'all ******* catch my pet catfish in Texoma, **** you!! I want to be invited to the fish fry at least.
redassag12
AG
quote:
texaspigeonracer

this guy cant be for real
TAMUallen
AG
quote:
there's no point in being an ass about it. no need in bringing negative attention to hunters. be an ambassador, not a dick. would you shoot someones coon dog out in the woods? after all it's a feral animal out running around.

if there is a dog that has obviously been lost and will not respond to you calling while it is on your land then its fully understandable for it to take a dirt nap
AgLandMan
AG
This thread is greatness.

My brother and i smoked 3 banded pigeons opening morning! Neither of us knew what the hell they were and this just makes it better. I better tell my dumb redneck brother to get those bands off his duck lanyard!

Now that I think about those pigeons were flying hella fast and in a perfect V...mighty ducks style!

Centerpole90
AG
I just know we're getting played. This banner only adds to the allsomness of it though...

rhomulus bonham
AG
Read this late but holy crap it's greatness. I can just imagine old women in big hats watching pigeons race.
culdeus
AG
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pigeon_racing

I tried to edit the wiki for this and was quickly redacted. These guys are serious business.
txaggie02
AG
This thread is awesome! You need to put those bands on your call lanyard. Would make for a great conversation piece while duck/goose hunting.
texaspigeonracer
look, this is not small money we're talking about here. It generally costs 100+ per bird (and that's a cheap race) to enter a race in texas and if one of your birds wins, you're looking at a 5-figure payday. I don't think any of you would be laughing if I was to to eliminate such a potential revenue stream from your portfolio.
redassag12
AG
once agian, ITS DOVE SEASON, people will be HUNTING!! Not our fault your damn pigeons get in the way

IF IT FLIES IT DIES

HTH
TAMUallen
AG
I would be laughing if I lost an investment that was made without any research whatsoever. Dove hunting season = shotguns shotguns = dead birds
trouble
AG
I would not have my expensive bird in the air during dove season.

It seems you have more money than sense.

[This message has been edited by trouble (edited 9/21/2010 10:14p).]
Ol Jock 99
AG
Blue star for mojo pigeon.
P.H. Dexippus
AG
I simply must add flying rats to my investment "portfolio"...

[This message has been edited by Mr. (edited 9/21/2010 10:32p).]
TRIDENT
AG
FightinTexag
AG
Blue star for this thread! Bird Racer is a troll. No doubt.
BlackLab
AG
The only thing that would make this thread better would be if DUman shot those birds in Doss.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.