OLED TV's

1,785 Views | 22 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by WES2006AG
Jdavis2017
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I am about to enter the market for a new TV. I have now isolated my options to the Sony BRAVIA XR A80L and the LG C3. Does anyone have experience with either option or have any opinions on jumping into the OLED market?
boy09
AG
Can't speak to a comparison between the two, but i've had an LG C2 for a while now. It's a fantastic TV. Zero complaints.

I don't think you'd be disappointed with either.
Jdavis2017
Thanks for the input! I am leaning toward LG, but Sony has been in the back of my head as a contender.
FatZilla
AG
QD OLED is what i have. The brightness is nice on then.
SlackerAg
AG
I actually own both of those. I would say they are about the same. The LG has a higher max screen brightness, while the Sony has better stereo sound (sounds great without a sound bar). The Sony claims to handle motion better (for watching sports).

All things being about equal, the LG costs less than Sony (who uses LG for their OLED panels).
boy09
AG
FatZilla said:

QD OLED is what i have. The brightness is nice on then.
My main concern before buying an OLED was the peak brightness, because that was all i ever heard about in OLED reviews.

Once i actually got my C2, it's pretty much a non-issue. I think i run my brightness setting at 27%.
HossAg
AG
I have an LG C1 and it's incredible. Colors are insane, handles motion better than any tv I've seen, and brightness isn't an issue.
Jdavis2017
Seems like you're the perfect person to answer my question then. I'll probably stick with the LG!
jwag
AG
Purchased the C3 a couple months ago. Fantastic TV. The user interface is SO much better than my old Vizio (granted it was about half the price).

You may want to try Targets in your area and call around for inventory. Got a deep discount on mine new (55" for $1100).
Velvet Jones
AG
Absolutely love my C3 and my C2.

Fantastic panels.

TheGoodAg0213
AG
Funny enough I am going through the same process! I have an older Samsung that I would like to replace prior to football season.

Currently looking at the Samsung QN85/90, although I may need to start looking at LG or Sony based on some of the comments here. Anyone rocking with a Samsung?
tfunk02
AG
Narrow it down using https://www.rtings.com/ and then go to https://www.avsforum.com/forums/ and read through the owners thread.

There is a Sony tax. Sometimes it's worth it, sometimes it's not. I have a 77" and a 42" (monitor) C2 and love them both.
jr15aggie
AG
I'm hopping in on the LG OLED hype train. I have an LG CX and it's absolutely fantastic.
zag213004
AG
I recently got LG G3 65" from Costco. Couldn't pass up the deal along with a 5 yr warranty. I got the G3 over the C3 for concern the C3 wouldn't be bright enough. But looking back I'm confident the C3 would have been more than bright enough. However one of the benefits of the G3 was that it has the next gen TV antenna installed in it something that the C3 did not have and the new c4 and G4 series do not have (which is the next year) because of trademark issues.

Like I said very happy crystal clear television I usually keep it at 20% brightness for most of the kids shows and for movies and sports I Crank it up
Jdavis2017
I have considered the G3 as well. I love how thin that tv is, and the flush mount looks pretty nice.
kyledr04
AG
Had been a big fan of LG until dealing with their warranty department. Got a new Sony and been happy so far.
TexasAggie_97
AG
I have that Sony model and it's awesome. The UI is also Google based which I like better than webos.
Nobody Knows My Name
AG
I will also be in the market soon for 75-77" TV. What's the "future" antenna do? What TV's currently come equipped with it? I'm likely going to wait it out till Black Friday unless there are some super deals with Prime Day.
Forum Troll
AG
I have 2 LG C2s and they are worth it. The C3 is out now.

The LG QNED is also quite nice if you don't won't to fork over OLED money.
Nobody Knows My Name
AG
I just ordered 77" G3 on Amazon which I still haven't convinced myself to not cancel. I've never been one to spend $$$ on "premium" TV, but am also a buy once, cry once type of person. Next challenge is sharing the news with my wife!
380Ag
AG
What is the LG hierarchy? A,B,C etc. I assume the number after the letter is for the version...so the higher the number the better.
Also, Walmart has $1000 off 55" S95C OLED right now...
WES2006AG
AG
Still using my LG CX from 2021 and it has been a champ.
WES2006AG
AG
380Ag said:

What is the LG hierarchy? A,B,C etc. I assume the number after the letter is for the version...so the higher the number the better.
Also, Walmart has $1000 off 55" S95C OLED right now...
G is the highest and their "Gallery series" which comes with a mount to mount it flush to the wall. Then it goes C, B, A from there down their lineup.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.