Summer Steam Sale

3,906 Views | 43 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Velvet Jones
Lathspell
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Welp.... here we go again!

Already spent around $100 for about 10 different games.
aggieforester05
AG
You'll maybe ever play one of those.
aezmvp
FML my backlog is big enough.
Lathspell
AG
aggieforester05 said:

You'll maybe ever play one of those.
Don't you shame me!!!
heddleston
AG
Trying to be a little more austere this go round. Built up a massive backlog on the last year since getting a steamdeck, plus my hard drive is full and don't have good enough internet to keep deleting and redownloading games whenever. Bought 40K: Boltgun, Heroes of Hammerwatch, and Celeste.
powerbelly
AG
I have purchased so many games in previous sales, that I still haven't played, that there is nothing I really want. So a win for me I guess.
AgsWin2011
AG
If anyone has recs for games compatible with Steam Deck, drop them here please.
tlepoC
AG
Brotato. I haven't dropped that many hours into another game ever.
heddleston
AG
Halo MCC, ACE combat 7, Spiderman, Batman Arkham series, borderlands 2, Dave the Diver, Deep Rock Galactic, Doom 2016, Doom Eternal, Skyrim, Fallouts 3, NV, and 4. Hades 1&2, Helldivers 2(good enough at least) , just cause 3, max payne 3, LotR Shadow of War/Shadow of Mordor, Sniper Elite 4&5, Titanfall 2, Ghost Recon Wildlands, Tony Hawk Pro Skater 1&2, Witcher 3, Super Mega Baseball 4
YouBet
AG
I shockingly haven't pulled the trigger on anything yet. Can't seem to find anything that tickles my fancy.

I really only want to play Baldur's Gate 3 but my current rig won't run it properly.

I need to quit dicking around and buy a new machine.
aezmvp
AgsWin2011 said:

If anyone has recs for games compatible with Steam Deck, drop them here please.
Sea of Stars is great, Front Mission remakes are solid too. Project Wingman.
aezmvp
YouBet said:

I shockingly haven't pulled the trigger on anything yet. Can't seem to find anything that tickles my fancy.

I really only want to play Baldur's Gate 3 but my current rig won't run it properly.

I'm waiting for Black Friday and Christmas deals. Will wait on a new GPU to see what the 5080 is capable of.
Wildmen03
AG
The complete Horizon Forbidden West is the only game I'm really tempted to buy this summer. Though I'm just as tempted to wait for it to drop to $19.99.
jr15aggie
AG
I'm playing Horizon Zero Dawn on the Steam Deck... it plays great! Runs at 45 FPS most of the time which looks fantastic on the decks 90 Hz screen.

I'm new to "PC Gaming"... just got the Deck a few months ago. I caught the tail end of the Spring sale and picked up a handful of games that I'm currently working through.

For the summer sale the only game I got so far was Mark of the Ninja Remastered.
jr15aggie
AG
I'll also say that I think the Steam Deck is saving me from going crazy with Steam sales because that device is just so dang awesome as an emulator!

I'm enjoying the handful of native steam games I have, but I'm spending just as much time playing old Nintendo games! Throw in the fact that I have Xbox Gamepass and I can stream games from my console (or the cloud) to the deck (games like Broforce, Brotatoe, Vampire Survivors, etc all free on Gamepass).

It's an insane handheld that can do so much... definitely helps numb the impulse to buy a bunch of steam games.
YouBet
AG
I guess I'm just too old to even tolerate the Steam Deck. The thought of playing games on a handheld is not appealing.

It's either on my 27in monitor or my 67in tv.
KidDoc
AG
YouBet said:

BG3 is amazingly good! I just finished a 100 hr playthrough as a gold dragonborn paladin so had to make all the good/noble choices. Now starting it as an evil Gith monk so I'm interested to see how differently the story unfolds!

No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
jr15aggie
AG
YouBet said:

I guess I'm just too old to even tolerate the Steam Deck. The thought of playing games on a handheld is not appealing.

It's either on my 27in monitor or my 67in tv.

It took a bit of adjusting at first, no doubt. And 99% of my AAA gaming is still done on Xbox in front of my 65" tv.

But as a middle age family man, it's a really great device to be more present. It's not always ideal to be isolated back in the TV room. While I don't want to play Cyberpunk exclusively on the deck, it sure is awesome to sit in bed with my wife (reading a book) and knock out a couple side missions streaming from my Xbox.

Plus, the Emudeck software makes it the best emulation device I've ever had. It's amazing to play 3 decades of older games (1980-2020 era). They look and play fantastic on the steam deck OLED.
AtlAg05
AG
Grabbed the Jurassic World evolution 2 and tabletop simulator, both for the kids to play.

I'm in the wait mode for games later this year,Arra History untold, PoE2, hoping for Light No Fire
YouBet
AG
I'll research this further although I'm not sure I need yet another way to play games. lol.

In the meantime, I discovered Watch Dogs 2 on GamePass and that game is awesome.
jr15aggie
AG
YouBet said:

I'll research this further although I'm not sure I need yet another way to play games. lol.

In the meantime, I discovered Watch Dogs 2 on GamePass and that game is awesome.

Yeah the deck is great, but you definitely don't need it if you are good playing games in your current way. My main interest in handhelds was for emulation (playing my favorites as a kid from the 80's & 90's). But the deck can pretty much do it all so now I have a really cool way to play PC/Xbox/Emulation games. I love it!

Watch Dogs...I never played part 2. But I really liked the original (despite the negative press) and I personally had a really great time with Watch Dogs 3 which was a launch title for the Series X/PS5. If I ever get the time I will give WD2 a whirl.
powerbelly
AG
KidDoc said:

YouBet said:

BG3 is amazingly good! I just finished a 100 hr playthrough as a gold dragonborn paladin so had to make all the good/noble choices. Now starting it as an evil Gith monk so I'm interested to see how differently the story unfolds!

I am in the middle of an honor mode run now. Such a good game.
BadMoonRisin
AG
i picked up The Long Dark.

Pretty good so far.

Survival games are my current jam right now.

Considering Raft to play with my son.
AgSportsFan89
AG
Grabbed Celeste for $2. It's tough, but enjoyable
BadMoonRisin
AG
Prey is only 6 bucks. if you havent played it yet, it's amazing.

It's deck verified.
boy09
AG
AgSportsFan89 said:

Grabbed Celeste for $2. It's tough, but enjoyable
Celeste is one of my favorite games ever. 2 bucks is a no-brainer
Hagen95
AG
I got Sea of Stars and am enjoying it. I play it when I get tired of spreading democracy.
aezmvp
The other thing is you can play it docked to a TV and it's going to be just fine for 90% of your library. Additionally I have a set of the NReal glasses for travel. Basically think of it as a giant TV in front of your face without all the crazy VR helmets that end up breaking your neck. Great alternative and if you travel (especially on American or Southwest) I highly recommend.
jr15aggie
AG
I ended up getting a few more games to add to my steam deck.

Batman Arkham Knight and Hardspace: Shipbreaker are games that I've beaten on Xbox already but wanted for my deck. Also picked up Batman Arkham Origins and Celeste. All 4 for right at $20 total.
BadMoonRisin
AG
currently mulling over Dead Island 2, System Shock remake, and either Smalland: Survive the Wilds or Raft to play with my son.

Ive already played Grounded with my son (which was amazing, by the way if any of you are looking for a good co op game with friends/kids), so maybe Ill switch it up with Raft.

Now that he's a gamer, these steam sales do double damage to the wallet.
jr15aggie
AG
Do you not do the family sharing? Obviously that doesn't work for co-op games, but if you aren't playing at the same time sharing isn't a problem.

Also, Dead Island 2 was a lot of fun! I think it's still free on Gamepass if you happen to have a free trial of that laying around. Well, at least it was on Xbox, might not be a PC Gamepass title.
Lathspell
AG
I think today or tomorrow are the last days for the Steam sale, but I could be mistaken.
BadMoonRisin
AG
i think i tried that, is the title only available when im not playing steam or is my entire library not available?

I remembered it being inconvenient for some reason, but not sure why.

Anyway, yeah, mostly referring to the coop titles.
jr15aggie
AG
I just got my steam deck a few months ago so I haven't set it up yet... but I've seen some videos talking about how Steam recently (like in the past 2-3 months) revamped the family sharing plan and apparently it works really well.

You can have several people in your family group (even if they aren't technically family). And yes, I believe the only major drawback is that only 1 person can play a game at a time. But otherwise it will make both of your libraries accessible to each other.
BadMoonRisin
AG
well hey, thanks for the info. Yeah I tried family sharing maybe a year ago and it didnt work great, but if they have revamped it recently, I will definitely check it out!
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.