WTB: Gaming PC

1,537 Views | 17 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by AGSPORTSFAN07
TexDill15
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone have a gaming PC that's collecting dust? I've entertained buying one but the prices for a new one are pretty crazy so didn't know if any of y'all had one sitting around not being used.

Will be used just for gaming. Not looking to get into streaming.

Just spit balling. Tired of being on the losing end from a console. Lol
AtlAg05
AG
What type of games, that will help determine the computer you will need.
TexDill15
AG
Mainly playing COD & Rocket League.
ChiefKiefton
What's your price range?
TexDill15
AG
I'm hoping around 1500. I'm coming from the first Gen Xbox One.

I've looked around and found a Corsair gaming PC for 2500 that they say is a popular seller. I've read some decent things on their products. But again not really sure what I should be looking for in a PC.
YouBet
AG
TexDill15 said:

I've looked around and found a Corsair gaming PC for 2500 that they say is a popular seller. I've read some decent things on their products. But again not really sure what I should be looking for in a PC.
I have a Digital Storm and you can configure for your price range while leaving room for upgrades later. I love mine.
El_duderino
TexDill15 said:

Cyberpower PC has a prebuilt at Best Buy that has ryzen 5 3600, Nvida 3060, 16gb Ram, 1TB hard drive, and 500gb ssd for $1199 which I think is a good price even in normal inventory times and you'll probably be running over 144fps on average on COD multiplayer
ChiefKiefton
TexDill15 said:

I have a gaming laptop I would consider selling you. It's a 2018 ASUS ROG. Email me at ChiefKiefton@yahoo.com if you are interested in discussing!
TexDill15
AG
What are some "must haves" on a gaming PC to get the best frames. I've never built anything so I am flying blind.
TexDill15
AG
El_duderino said:

TexDill15 said:

Cyberpower PC has a prebuilt at Best Buy that has ryzen 5 3600, Nvida 3060, 16gb Ram, 1TB hard drive, and 500gb ssd for $1199 which I think is a good price even in normal inventory times and you'll probably be running over 144fps on average on COD multiplayer

From what I have been reading that seems like a pretty reasonable deal. Given the shortage of computer parts.
TexDill15
AG
I think I am going to stay away from a laptop but thanks!!
Cloud
Recommend building your own.

Prebuilts rarely are a good value. You frequently will be getting a subpar PSU and motherboard.

Plus it's fun.
El_duderino
Even in normal times and using regular msrp of the components it's pretty much the same cost as building yourself. These days though, the 3060 is around $700 all on its own, so prebuilt is a bargain.

I'd agree building your own though. I went prebuilt and have since upgraded cpu cooler, case fans, storage, RAM, power supply, and vertical gpu mount. I'd like to replace the motherboard too since it was a cheap $70 option they used and there's only 1 fan header requiring me to have a fan hub
YouBet
AG
TexDill15 said:

What are some "must haves" on a gaming PC to get the best frames. I've never built anything so I am flying blind.

I buy prebuilt so I'm probably not the best person to ask. Plus, I only game solo, so I don't have the same needs as an online gamer.

I got the "Slade" from Digital Storm which is basically Gonk from Star Wars. It's infinitely upgradeable and whisper quiet. It's 4 years old and I'm just now getting to the point where I'm considering upgrading some things although it's bad timing for it.
bbattbq01
AG
I've always built my own, but with my old computer dying and the parts shortage I ended up buying a microcenter prebuilt with a 3070 in it last fall. Been happy with it.

jbryan10
AG
I'd be happy to build one for you: www.arculum.com. I'll work with you on part selection and answer any questions you may have about parts or why I'm recommending something. As mentioned above, pre-built systems from Amazon/big-box stores typically suffer from cheap components and poor workmanship.

The only tricky part at the moment is GPU availability, but I am able to snag some from my distributors (have sold 15 30-series cards so far as a part of systems or as loose parts to Ags). I am currently out of stock, but I expect I might get my hands on some more in the next couple weeks. I do have a waitlist, but full systems get priority.
OneMoonGoon92
AG
If you want to build your own, youll need a good power supply. I have a barely used EVGA 1600W power supply with all the cables and adapters in its original box for $125. Its collecting dust and Im about to move so it needs a new home. L1Company92 at geemail
Playtuagain
AG
I have one without a graphics card right now, but the computer was built to handle at least a 3080. It's a beast of a machine. I'm in BCS if you want to talk.
AGSPORTSFAN07
AG
Cloud said:

Recommend building your own.

Prebuilts rarely are a good value. You frequently will be getting a subpar PSU and motherboard.

Plus it's fun.
This. They're practically lego sets until you get to the BIOS config. But you'll get more bang for your buck unless you can't find a video card in your price range.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.