COBOL Programmers

2,474 Views | 35 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by TxAggieBand85
Bradley.Kohr.II
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
It wasn't the part on our end that was messed up... It was some wire inside a, rather, expensive, machine.

Its pretty well endemic now, on pressure switches, and pumps.

Companies moved their retail side to China, tried to get their commercial/industrial side to it - no one wanted them, but they went ahead and did now, anyway...

The usual ChiCom, runs 2 weeks, and dies BS on some motors, and pumps, but they'll "warranty" it out...

It going to be a hell of a thing, trying to get quality back in components - for a couple years, all the pressure switches were coming out of Mexico - we had to pull old components out, and install them on brand new machines, because none of the Mexican pressure switches worked.

(Hell, the jackasses have switched to aluminum contactors, instead of brass, on machines were the cost savings is completely irrelevant, and no customer would ever, voluntarily, refuse to pay the difference.)

Sorry for the rant. The collapse of quality in manufacturing equipment, and the loss of distinction in quality between commercial equipment and retail, has been a pain in my butt...
TxAggieBand85
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Bradley.Kohr.II said:

It wasn't the part on our end that was messed up... It was some wire inside a, rather, expensive, machine.

Its pretty well endemic now, on pressure switches, and pumps.

Indeed. If the end device fails after commissioning, hard to pin that on the installation and commissioning crew. But then, it is the primary client who accepts the end devices. Any review on the Instrument Index and datasheets from the client end? Any comments on risk with the selected components?

Just one of my specialties. Am known by some as 'The Perfectionist' and not as an endearment.

I also do my share to helping Project Managers get their act together with Acceptance Testing and Commissioning.

Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.