****Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice****

5,609 Views | 87 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by BenFiasco14
Halibut
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Got him! I even managed to do the reverse on him in his second form.

Felt cool as hell.
TriumphForks
AG
Nice!! It always feels good once you finally get your strat down and execute to perfection.
nomad2007
AG
It was a fun game in the end.

The only problems I had with it:

1. Having to always skip cutscenes before major fights. I already have to wait for it to load to retry; don't make me have to keep skipping the same damn cutscene 100 times.

2. The camera was boss #2 in a lot of fights - especially the second guardian ape fight. You have to run along the edge of the map sometimes and the camera ends up in the wall getting you killed.

3. The controls felt tight most of the game, but when you get into the later bosses like Isshin Sword Saint the blocking and mikiri are too sluggish to respond to his move - you basically have to have memorized his move set over several attempts to anticipate it.
Halibut
AG
I still haven't beaten it yet. I got to the last boss and tried him a couple times, but I haven't had enough time to do anything more than just scout his moves. I also backtracked through the ashina outskirts and found an optional boss, so I may take a crack at him before trying to beat the game.

I think your #3 point is spot on for nearly all the bosses in this game (at least the bosses where you are meant to deflect attacks). Even some of the normal enemies were basically about memorizing moves/attacks.

There's something a little underwhelming when you think of the fights in terms of memorization and pattern recognition. But, it still looks and feels awesome when you learn the moves and you execute perfectly. When the boss can't even touch you because you know exactly what he's going to do and how to counter it.
Halibut
AG
Just beat the game. Killing the last boss was an amazing feeling.
Drahknor03
AG
Took down the final boss this morning. Took me over a week and around 50 attempts. For me the last boss was really about being aggressive and learning the moves. On the attempt where I finally beat him, I only used a single gourd and never died. It just all clicked into place.
Chase McGuire
I've had that happen a few times. Once it clicks, you can put together a pretty clean run on anyone. It may just take 50 deaths for it to happen.

Still have 3 bosses left, I believe. Even with max health and gourd, they're really tough.
spag.ag2003
AG
In typical FROM fashion the second play through is a breeze - love how much better you get at these games without even realizing it.

Can't wait to mop the floor with the final boss after my 70+ attempt initial play through.

Needed a bit of a break but having a blast now - going for the platinum.
TriumphForks
AG
spag.ag2003 said:

In typical FROM fashion the second play through is a breeze - love how much better you get at these games without even realizing it.

Can't wait to mop the floor with the final boss after my 70+ attempt initial play through.

I've done a NG+ and am currently working through another fresh NG. The sense of feeling like you're "good" at the game after enormous struggles in the first playthrough is a rewarding feeling. I did get the platinum as well. Requires lots of grinding, unfortunately but no regrets.
spag.ag2003
AG
Nice man, congrats - I've heard the plat isn't too bad except for the skill point grind.

Can't be worse than grinding for ears in DS3
nomad2007
AG
spag.ag2003 said:

I just finished my fourth playthrough to get the different endings, and the only bosses I still had a hard time with on playthrough 2-4 were Owl Father and Great Shinobi Owl

Owl Father at the Hirata estate is absolutely the hardest boss in the game in my opinion - even compared to Isshin, Sword Saint
spag.ag2003
AG
spag.ag2003
AG
Man I had a completely different experience - took down Owl Father last night and got him on my 6th try. Sword Saint, on the other hand, was humbling to say the least.

Still have to fight Demon of Hatred - heard he might be a problem
TriumphForks
AG
For me Shura ending Isshin by far gave me the most trouble first time through. IMO Ashina Castle Owl is harder than Hirata Estate Owl. Demon of Hatred is not all that bad once you learn the fight. Took me several tries though.
nomad2007
AG
spag.ag2003 said:

Man I had a completely different experience - took down Owl Father last night and got him on my 6th try. Sword Saint, on the other hand, was humbling to say the least.

Still have to fight Demon of Hatred - heard he might be a problem
Thank God he's optional, because I still haven't beaten him other than him accidentally falling off the cliff while I was fighting him near the edge. He swiped towards me as i dodged and fell off
spag.ag2003
AG
Haha, got him today - tough as nails, took all morning.

Absolutely loved the fight though. That's a Bloodborne boss if I've ever seen one.
chase128
AG
I'm with you on this. I think the same boss is the hardest. After I beat him, the game seemed a lot easier
TriumphForks
AG
Agreed. 100% fought him bloodborne style. It was a very enjoyable fight for me. Easy to cheese if you look up how though.
BenFiasco14
AG
Someone beat this game using donkey Kong bongos. How about that.

https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/04/24/someone-beat-sekiro-shadows-die-twice-using-donkey-kong-bongos

Quote:

ATwerkinYoshi, known for using bizarre controllers in his gaming runs, posted a video of him beating Sekiro's final boss using two sets of DK Bongos on Reddit. His DK Bongo run reportedly took 10 hours, with 131 total resurrections and 31 deaths at the hands of the game's final boss.
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.