Ace Combat 7

3,972 Views | 36 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by CrottyKid
CrottyKid
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Just saw a trailer for this on my XBox. I am one of the suckers who will buy this, but it looks like pretty much the same missions as the last Ace Combat.
AgsWin2011
AG
I don't think I have played Ace Combat since PS2. I may look into this and see how the reviews are. Doesn't it release soon?
ironmanag
AG
I loved the ps2 ace combat so I will likely give it a shot.
According to the Biden White House, what Joe Biden says does not represent the official position of the Biden administration.
Dro07
AG
When did they start doing Ace Combat for Playstation? I enjoyed playing the heck out of this game when i was younger
Dro07
AG
Looks like if you pre order they throw in Ace Combat 5 which was on the PS2.
ironmanag
AG
Dang you.. Now I will have too..
According to the Biden White House, what Joe Biden says does not represent the official position of the Biden administration.
LoudestWHOOP!
AG
Want for PSVR
CrottyKid
AG
dromo07 said:

Looks like if you pre order they throw in Ace Combat 5 which was on the PS2.

No way. Are you serious?
Not a Bot
AG
HOLY CRAP IM GOING TO BUY THIS.

YES
YES
YES
!!!!!!!!
Dro07
AG
Looking at amazon. If you preorder ace combat 7 on PS4 you get AC5 if you get it on Xbox you get AC6.
CrottyKid
AG
Just preordered. Downloading now. I love this franchise and the weird Japanese perspective story modes.
ironmanag
AG
Just pre-ordered it.
Sweet Kitten Feet
S
Haven't they been teasing this for a couple of years now?
CrottyKid
AG
How does the Ace Combat 6 work? Shouldn't we be able to play it now? Or do we have to wait until Friday?
Engine10
AG
Just had major nostalgia thinking about AC04 missions and music! What an epic game. Damn yellows.

Dro07
AG
Download code comes in with the hard copy.
canadiaggie
AG
AC4 was absolutely 100% my favourite game on PS2 next to the Jak and Daxter trilogy.

I've been sitting on this preorder since they announced the game lmao
canadiaggie
AG
Engine10 said:

Just had major nostalgia thinking about AC04 missions and music! What an epic game. Damn yellows.

Remember that early mission where Yellow Squadron shows up as you're bombing an oil rig and you have to hightail it out of there? I remember trying to engage them in dogfights and getting my butt kicked lol
CrottyKid
AG
Gonna play this at lunch. I will share first impressions if anyone is interested.
Dro07
AG
Ya I'd like to know. I'm trying to wrap up Rdr2 so I won't be able to play it for a bit
CrottyKid
AG
It definitely feels familiar.
I don't like the narrator, but I enjoyed that old Ace Combat 4 voice.
The planes you can buy is set up as a tree/flow chart. I don't know if it was like that in 5 or 6, but it wasn't in 4.
It still gives you the option to watch the whole replay of the mission. It also shows that classic ribbon graphic replay. I love that.

The clouds are definitely a big deal. They can ice you up and also cause you to lose lock sometimes.
ExPLK
AG
Anybody play this on PSVR yet?
Propane & Accessories
AG
I ordered it via Amazon did anyone else get the pre-order codes that were supposed to come with it>
You're tearing me apart- Tommy Wiseau
CrottyKid
AG
The story is kinda lame, but I still have fun playing it.
Dro07
AG
ya i got an email with a promotional code January 20th but I did not do prime shipping
Dro07
AG
They have always been kinda of lame from my recollection. I do remember playing the japanese version (subtitles) on my Moded Playstation way back when and thinking how much better the game actually was than the US version
CrottyKid
AG
Even though I said the story was kind of lame, I still find myself smiling as I wipe out an entire radar station with those multi target air-to-ground missiles from a big beautiful ugly A-10.
ironmanag
AG
Yeah the story is strange. Almost like they are really trying to make a war game PC.

The game play is fun though. That prototype drone was ridiculous.
CrottyKid
AG
Yeah. I am pleased with the difficulty. I started the story on hard and was shot down several times on the suicide mission to soften up the air defenses in the dessert area.
LoudestWHOOP!
AG
ExPLK said:

Anybody play this on PSVR yet?

Can't wait to see it in the headset
Dro07
AG
looks sweet but I still want to hold on to some sense of reality /readyplayerone
bigtruckguy3500
A couple folks playing this last night at a party I was at. Looked really fun. I hope they come out with a PC version that is VR capable.
aggieforester05
AG
Try the new DCS F-18 package. Pretty far from arcade combat due to the learning curve , but it's not that difficult to just fly around. The visuals and sense of realism in oculus rift is incredible. Carrier deck take offs and landings are awesome.
BradC34
AG
Waiting for this to go on sale but I definitely want it. Played through AC6 on the Xbox One over the weekend for poops and giggles and forgot how much fun (and challenging and frustrating) it can be.

Which is funny because I recall hating it the first time I played it because I wasn't a fan of fire-and-forget. Either I've gotten worse at the game since I got older or it's more challenging than I thought.

Regardless, excited to check out AC7 eventually.
TexagChris17
AG
ironmanag said:

Yeah the story is strange. Almost like they are really trying to make a war game PC.

The game play is fun though. That prototype drone was ridiculous.

I always skipped the story cutscenes when I played 4 and 5 growing up lol. I replayed 6 a couple of weeks ago and actually watched the cutscenes and they were terrible haha.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.