T Mobile Vs Verizon

4,097 Views | 40 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by zip04
FatZilla
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Iowaggie said:

FatZilla said:

AggieDruggist89 said:

Jock 07 said:

I did notice the highest quality streaming you get is only 480p

That is if you're not on wifi to binge on and not use data. You can alway stream at1080p but then it will count towards data.

I have a 6GB plan that's no longer offered. So I don't know with unlimited if they cap it at 480p.

Having said that, 480p is fine on a phone screen.

No cap, no limit on quality for one plus. You can disable HD video per line in account settings if you want to limit it to 480p. You do have the "kickback" perk if a line uses under 2gb that cycle they give you $10 off your bill.
I believe the "Kickback" deal has ended on new lines. If you are on it now, you'll stay on it fine (at least for now), but they quietly ended it for new enrollments.
That sucks. I did not know that.
https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-33862
Jason Ag
AG
Wow me either, durn, I procrastinated to long. We hardly ever use much data.
AggieDruggist89
AG
Just got a text from t-mobile.

Buy 2 LG G7 ThinQ phones and get $750 back. Basically buy 1 get one free but you get it through credit over 24 months. IMO, luke warm deal.
Jason Ag
AG
https://www.t-mobile.com/affiliate/exclusive-offer?cmpid=WTR_AF_Slickdeals_TM%2B&iradid=189491&irmpname=Slickdeals_TM%2B&channel=brand&clickid=wk5SJaWFxWBpUaV0v6yMxR8eUkjRZ73eMVFR2g0&ircid=3290&aam=aam_uuid&affiliateId=30513574&invoca=invoca_experience&uid=f5f16929-d244-4407-9eb6-328c58316da9_ocm_&merchantId=100498760&irgwc=1&viewType=viewFull&imageType=thumbnail&programId=100661469&irpid=47557

Saw this through slickdeals, I tryed to find a direct link with no luck. $100 off $300 or more phone.
Jason Ag
AG
I expect to get my phone back from LG this week, and I think I may try and use the $100 promo. T-Mobile confirmed that our phones will work on their network.

What's the best way to make the switch these days? Go to the store (I'm pretty close to one)? Online? Calling? The deal may require online I suppose. I'll post back my results.
GAP76
AG
I just from verizon to t mobile... so far, so good..... took a verizon 6 and 6 plus to t mobile network. it will be significantly less expensive compared to verizon....
zip04
AG
Visiting family North of Canton, TX. AT&T is a little more reliable outside of town. TMobile works in Emory and in Canton, but is real spotty between the two on 19. If I lived here, I would be a little more hesitant but would still make the jump depending on where my house was.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.