TCL TVs

2,308 Views | 19 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Scriffer
ktownag08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone have one? Reviews on several of their models seem to be good. Just looki

This would be a TV to replace one in my home office so doesn't need to be top of the line. Have an OLED in the living room. Was thinking either of these (most likely the 1080p one):

https://www.amazon.com/TCL-55P607-55-Inch-Ultra-Smart/dp/B06Y6FSV5Q

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MXZ18WR/ref=sspa_mw_detail_1?psc=1&th=1
Forum Troll
AG
Have a 40 inch outside. Does well. Speaker isn't bad either. They're great non primary televisions imo.
AAM02
AG
I've got the 55" and love it.
EconAg11
AG
I have this one and I can't recommend it enough. I did some thorough research before I bought it. It had really good reviews from gaming communities and the budget price to comparable tvs were the main selling points.
ktownag08
AG
Much appreciated all. Think I'm going to go for the 55".
tamusc
AG
I have the 55P607 and it's an excellent TV. You have to spend at least $300 more to get a TV that's marginally better and double to get one that's noticeably better.

My original TV was damaged in shipping and TCL had a tech sent out with a new TV faster than Amazon could have replaced it. The whole ordeal was one of the best customer service experiences I've had with any kind of AV vendor.

So, it's a solid TV, that's an excellent value with excellent customer service backing it up.
dan87
AG
I have the 55" 4k HDR Roku one and I'd recommend it to anyone.
ExPLK
AG
I've got 3 TCLs at my house. All work perfectly. I'd recommend them to anyone.
ORAggieFan
I've had one outside on patio for five years.
AggieBarstool
I have the 49" 4K bundled with a sound bar. Couldn't be happier.
Scriffer
AG
Found this in a search and figured it's the best place to ask.

Has anyone found a way to turn off the display but keep the sound going if you're using an app like Pandora?
ktownag08
AG
Can't say I've tried to do that, but it's unlikely since they are speakers internal to the TV.

I am pleased with my TCL though. Great office set.
Scriffer
AG
My bad. Didn't add that I'm running sound through an external amp.

Pretty sure I'm out of luck though
Quailmeezy
AG
Just here to add that I bought the 55p607 off of the TexAgs recommendation and have been very happy with it!
Diggity
AG
If you really don't want to see the screen, chromecast audio would be a cheap way to accomplish this.
CrawfordAg
AG
Bought a 55" 4K Roku TV for $400 and it serves as my outdoor TV. I couldn't recommend it enough for a secondary set. I have also figured out how to set up my Aiwa Exos bluetooth speaker as a sound bar and its amazing.
Diggity
AG
I didn't even know Aiwa still existed.

Used to rock this bad boy in college

Mattressburn
AG
I bought a TCL before they had the Rokus built in. 200 bucks for a 32 in TV when I was really hurting for cash and couldn't afford a lot of luxuries. Thing is still going strong 8 years later. They've only gotten better. Can't recommend them enough.
CrawfordAg
AG
Diggity, That is the last piece of equipment Aiwa manufactured and I had one back in high school. They have since came out with a bluetooth speaker that is one of the loudest on the market and rivals the more expensive speakers with sound quality and power. We had it on the end of a 200' pier on the coast and could easily hear it from the porch of the house. The thing is fantastic for a wireless TV speaker option for the backyard.

https://www.amazon.com/Aiwa-Exos-9-Portable-Bluetooth-Speaker/dp/B00WF78GS4

Diggity
AG
Very cool. Looks like a nice piece of equipment.
Scriffer
AG
Diggity said:

I didn't even know Aiwa still existed.

Used to rock this bad boy in college

The first time this wide-eyed kid heard the opening segment to Eruption blast through those garbage speakers at my buddy's house was nothing short of life changing.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.