Nintendo to release SNES-mini?

3,726 Views | 53 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by The Fife
aggietony2010
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Raptor said:

My Raspberry Pi has every game imaginable, but I can't save them as continue.

Also, no Duck Hunt.

Nevertheless, I'd rather keep my <$100 setup and no saving pi, than pay 8-10x what something is worth.

What do you mean by no saving? My pi has both the normal game save in games that had it, as well as save states.
Gomer95
AG
I usually pass on things like this but I'm interested, depending on what games they have on it.

Tecmo Super Bowl + Super Bases Loaded = SOLD
permabull
AG
Texags is garbage
nai06 said:

ftab06 said:

wee_ag said:

They'll make 20.

Nintendo has no idea what they are doing.

They know exactly what they are doing. They limit supply on purpose so people buy them up the second they hit the shelves.
Not really. They limited the supply without inflating the price. They could have priced it at $100 and still sold double what they produced. They left money on the table.

I was walking through Wal-Mart the other day and saw the advertisements for the NES classic. Thought I'd just pick one up on a whim just cause. Seemed strange to me that they wouldn't be in stock. There's definitely a market of people out there that would buy one, but don't give a **** to hunt it down.
rbcs_2
AG
There is nothing stopping Nintendo from releasing a new (less hacker-friendly) version of the NES mini, which I think is the more likely scenario than an SNES mini. I think they pulled the plug on this one because they were essentially promoting the distribution of ROMs.
Mucho austin
AG
I got mine day of release at the Gamestop at the Deerbrook mall.

Apparently everyone forgot that location existed and that it opens an hour later than the other Gamestops. Waltzed in and got one.
aTm2004
AG
Mucho austin said:

I got mine day of release at the Gamestop at the Deerbrook mall.

Apparently everyone forgot that location existed and that it opens an hour later than the other Gamestops. Waltzed in and got one.
Deerbrook in Humble? How many magazines did you have on you?
Mucho austin
AG
I woke up before the riff-raff. Its safe early.
byfLuger41
AG
Can't wait.

It will look nice next to my NES Classic.
GoAgs92
AG
that SNES better have Bill Walsh College football or GTFO.
rbcs_2
AG
GoAgs92 said:

that SNES better have Bill Walsh College football or GTFO.

Not the game I would expect to be a deal breaker for anyone.
dodger02
AG
There are so many ROM sites. Are any of them any better / more reliable than others?

Or, is this a Fight Club situation?
Wheatables02
AG
I still have a working SNES so I just buy games for $5 or less at any Movie trade store.
caleblyn
GoAgs92 said:

that SNES better have Zelda - Link to Past, Super Metroid, Super Mario Kart, Street FIghter 2, or GTFO.
FIFY
cone
AG
snes is the greatest console of all-time
boboguitar
AG
cone said:

Calm down there Satan, n64 is way better.
Terk
AG
boboguitar said:

cone said:

Calm down there Satan, n64 is way better.
what's N64?
getme
RPM said:

I spent less than $15 bucks on a USB NES/SNES controller and have all the roms available on my Surface. No need to buy a new old console.

Which one (controller) did you buy? The one I bought is crap.
tamusc
AG
The Buffalo SNES knockoff controller is decent and then the 8Bitdo wireless ones are excellent, but a little bit more.

Buffalo iBuffalo Classic USB Gamepad for PC BSGP801GY https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002B9XB0E/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_MAkazbDPJJ3S0

8bitdo SFC30 Wireless Bluetooth Controller Dual Classic Joystick for IOS / Android Gamepad - PC Mac Linux https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00Y0LUQFE/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_yCkazb5HHS1TH

NES30 Game Controller - PC Mac Linux https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00MB6CNN8/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_0CkazbH50V2SE

8Bitdo NES30 Pro Wireless Bluetooth Controller Dual Classic Joystick for iOS Android Gamepad PC Mac Linux(Black) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MXLEYZ8/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_xJkazbJ01R1NP
The Fife
SNES to USB adapter

+

Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.