Not sure where to ask....baby monitors?

3,805 Views | 36 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by The Fife
MrJonMan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I've been debating getting one of the Ring cameras, this might be the perfect excuse to give it a go.
Secret Ag
We went with IP cameras once our first was old enough and we wanted to see what they were up to and it has worked out well. We use the Baby Monitor for Ip Cameras app on our iphones and iPad(for baby sitter). Find it much easier to check on them since we always have our phones around instead of having to keep track of the receiver as well.

As for security, you can set them up so you can only view it when on your network and they are password protected. And they are cheaper, I think the last one I bought was $80(Foscam) on amazon and has good picture quality. Tried a more expensive d-link and it wasnt as good. If you go this route make sure you get one that whatever app you want to use says it is compatible with. You can spend more or less depending on what you want, but I wish I would have gotten them sooner.
The Fife
OnlyForNow said:

I'm with Taco.

My wife and I are both in our early 30's, our parents did a damn fine job raising us and they didn't need a video camera zeroed in on us all night/day. And our sound only system worked with our kiddo.

I get that technology makes things easier, but it is also used as MAJOR crutch for a lot of folks.
Seconded. But it helps that the nursery is centrally-located in our house and the baby only came with one volume setting. If bad comes to worse and he's awake there's always putting him in the playpen even though he may not exactly like it.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.