Anyone have any photography or camera questions?

420,921 Views | 3566 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Bregxit
AggieDruggist89
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
bthotugigem05 said:

I think I beat almost everyone in that department...[looks at new Westcott Flex Light kit]

Certainly there are cheaper knock offs?
bthotugigem05
AG
Sure but GAS...
TexAgsAnon

The Fuji IBIS destroys the Sony...wow.
AggieDruggist89
AG
Impressive,

How's it stack up against Oly?
TexAgsAnon
Clearly the Fuji IBIS has snappy judders at the edges of motion, it looks like a half step down from Oly from the footage I've seen so far.
dubi
AG
Quote:

snappy judders
?
TexAgsAnon
Of course I can't find the test footage now, but when panning for instance, when you get to the edge of motion, before panning to the other direction, there's a distinct shift caused by the way the IBIS is reacting to the change of motion. It feels like the video "snaps" to a new position. Slight, but obvious, in a way that Oly doesn't.
tk for tu juan
I thought Snappy Judders was the Madness' follow up hit to B**** Trousers
bthotugigem05
AG
New Canon M50 doesn't look bad for the price.

B&H Photo is offering B1s for $1495 with a free beauty dish today as well.
TexAgsAnon
4K locked to 24fps is a non starter, as far as the M50 is concerned.
bthotugigem05
AG
I usually shoot in 24fps anyway, although now that I look at it the 4K kinda stinks since it's cropped so heavily.
Guitarsoup
AG
Canon made a robo-flash.

https://petapixel.com/2018/02/25/canons-470ex-ai-worlds-first-flash-ai-bounce/
bthotugigem05
AG
Sony a7III likely being announced at 6pm tonight
bthotugigem05
AG
Holy carp that's nuts
AggieDruggist89
AG
bthotugigem05 said:

I usually shoot in 24fps anyway, although now that I look at it the 4K kinda stinks since it's cropped so heavily.

I am not out there to make movies or documentaries. But I am making kids sports videos. So I would prefer 120 or 240 frames per second at 1080p. I don't need 4K. Having said that Sony comes close to what I need. I liked Sony a 6300 for the video but it overheats when hot. So I sold it.
bthotugigem05
AG
Damn, the a7III is incredible. Basically the a7rIII with fewer megapixels and the a9's autofocus system, all for $2k.

• 10fps in either mechanical or silent (electronic) shutter with AF tracking
  • 8fps in live view
  • Back-side illuminated sensor (They said all-new, is this the A9's sensor? Wow.)
  • Claimed 5-step in-body image stabilization
  • Eye AF
  • Autofocus down to -3EV
  • 6K oversampling for 4K video. Full frame or Super 35mm modes.
  • 100 Mbps video.
  • 4K 30p / 1080p 120p
  • 14 stops of dynamic range (in video?!) and S-Log.
  • Hybrid Log-Gamma for HDR.
  • 15 stops of dynamic range in stills
  • USB 3.1 type-C
  • Dual Card slots, only one is UHS-II
  • 639 phase-detect AF points; 425 contrast-detect AF points.
  • $1,999
tk for tu juan
Based on the wording, it is not the stacked sensor from the a9 but a 24 MP version of the sensor tech from the a7riii. Just waiting to see what the 2nd generation of the a9 has up its sleeves. Guessing we will not see that until Sony releases the a7siii
Guitarsoup
AG
Why one good card slot and one old one? Make them both the same.
bthotugigem05
AG
Guitarsoup said:

Why one good card slot and one old one? Make them both the same.
But then they won't have anything to sell us in 7 months when the mark IVs come out...
TexAgsAnon
Fuji pulled the same stunt with their SD slots, it's frustrating. The A7iii looks good on paper, hope they don't have heat issues.
bthotugigem05
AG
TexAgsAnon said:

Fuji pulled the same stunt with their SD slots, it's frustrating. The A7iii looks good on paper, hope they don't have heat issues.
Probably the reason they didn't do it, Sony probably didn't have enough room for a processor to write that quickly to two fast slots without generating a bunch of heat and causing issues.
Guitarsoup
AG
Canon has done it on some cameras (most notably the 5D3) just to save money on the much cheaper hardware.
tk for tu juan
https://m.dpreview.com/news/9702157206/olympus-offers-major-firmware-update-for-om-d-e-m1-ii-e-m5-ii-and-pen-f

Nice firmware update from Olympus allowing ProCapture H to be used on all four-thirds and m43 lenses, while increasing the pre-buffer to 35 frames. Also reduces the size of the single point autofocus selector box for finer control on what you want in focus.
TexAgsAnon
One more day till the X-H1 arrives!

Anyone preordering the A7III?
bthotugigem05
AG
Quite a few of my blog readers have said they're ordering the a7III.
bthotugigem05
AG
I've reached out to some Sony contacts for some demo units, we'll see if I can get some and do a test for yall
AggieDruggist89
AG
tk for tu juan said:

https://m.dpreview.com/news/9702157206/olympus-offers-major-firmware-update-for-om-d-e-m1-ii-e-m5-ii-and-pen-f

Nice firmware update from Olympus allowing ProCapture H to be used on all four-thirds and m43 lenses, while increasing the pre-buffer to 35 frames. Also reduces the size of the single point autofocus selector box for finer control on what you want in focus.

I like it!
tk for tu juan
That's a big *****:

https://www.dpreview.com/articles/7988525955/cp-2018-hands-on-with-sigma-105mm-f1-4-art-bokeh-master?slide=2&imageViewer=1
AggieDruggist89
AG
I have a sigma art 85mm 1.4. It's a huge chunk of glass. Now 105mm 1.4.. And they have 135mm.. Too many lenses.
dubi
AG
AggieDruggist89 said:

I have a sigma art 85mm 1.4. It's a huge chunk of glass. Now 105mm 1.4.. And they have 135mm.. Too many lenses.
OMG, will you own them all?
AggieDruggist89
AG
dubi said:

AggieDruggist89 said:

No ma'am I just have 85mm.

No need for 105 and 135mm.
AggieDruggist89
AG
tk for tu juan said:

Some good reviews by users from u43 forum!
dubi
AG
Quote:

Yet.....
TexAgsAnon
AggieDruggist89 said:

dubi said:

AggieDruggist89 said:

No ma'am I just have 85mm.

Aren't you the one who likes taking portraits with your 70-200? If so, you NEED a 135 in your life instead. The ultimate portrait lens for when you have the distance to walk backwards.
dubi
AG
Quote:

Aren't you the one who likes taking portraits with your 70-200? If so, you NEED a 135 in your life instead. The ultimate portrait lens for when you have the distance to walk backwards.
i WOULD LOVE THIS!

Santa already brought this year's lens so I have to wait!
First Page Last Page
Page 36 of 102

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.