****** Official WoW: Legion Thread ******

19,412 Views | 257 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by PatriotAg02
hot dog
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Welp... just got my 3rd legendary from a emissary loot bag.
Madmarttigan
AG
Can you let your luck rub off on the rest of us
PatriotAg02
AG
Month and a half in, and I'm only at 105 on my main (Blood Elf DK). Taking it slow is an understatement. So far this is my favorite expac. I've been playing since the end of Wrath, and nothing compared until now. I love the lore of this game and Legion delivers. I didn't like WoD at all.

Honestly I just can't wait until I can unlock world quests. Heard nothing but great things. I'm not a raider, will run dungeons sometimes, but mostly like questing/rp.
Madmarttigan
AG
Did mythic 9 and two people in my group (thank god one was me finally) got legendaries from one chest.

So let there be a lesson in powering through even if you miss the timer. Think we would have had to had 350k DPS average to beat it in time and were 100k short but was a pug group just trying to pound it through.
AGSPORTSFAN07
AG
Finally did a couple mythics. And I confirmed that mele plays second fiddle to casters. It's really hard not to die in these encounters.
Twice an Aggie
AG
Nesingwary server...858 Enh Shaman, Alliance, who can get 180k-220k DPS in mythic dungeons...ever increasing and have added a weapon boost since. My guild is dead and I am looking for a new one that raids, runs dungeons with keystones, and has activity. A few guild paid repairs would be sweet too but not necessary. Anyone looking?
Madmarttigan
AG
Looking for a guild as well mostly for mythic plus runs since my schedule is weird and raid with pugs in mornings. I have been slowly building my friends list with good dps and some serviceable tanks to run carry groups that blaze through lower level mythic plus like level 2-5.

I dont think melee play 2nd fiddle depending on the circumstance (definitely bad on spider boss in EN), it just so happens that some melee classes just aren't performing so well right now including warriors/DKs. I have seen some absolutely amazing monk dps though. Rogues/Enhance are fairly strong right now as well. Once you get used to dodging things you should be okay, usually all of my mythic runs are melee heavy and everyone does fine. I think heroic is just bad training because you don't have to care about getting hit by stuff as much.
PMD03
AG
Sometimes you have to communicate, use some crowd control, and line of sight pull in mythics. **** that used to be common in vanilla but got tossed for aoe everything and don't chat in Cata/MoP(?). I played Vanilla through WotLK so it was weird for when I came back and did heroics with no talking or skill involvement. I am happy that Mythic plus is bringing some strategy back.

Also, still recruiting ranged dps. We are working on mythic Spider boss currently.
AGSPORTSFAN07
AG
tv1113 said:

Looking for a guild as well mostly for mythic plus runs since my schedule is weird and raid with pugs in mornings. I have been slowly building my friends list with good dps and some serviceable tanks to run carry groups that blaze through lower level mythic plus like level 2-5.

I dont think melee play 2nd fiddle depending on the circumstance (definitely bad on spider boss in EN), it just so happens that some melee classes just aren't performing so well right now including warriors/DKs. I have seen some absolutely amazing monk dps though. Rogues/Enhance are fairly strong right now as well. Once you get used to dodging things you should be okay, usually all of my mythic runs are melee heavy and everyone does fine. I think heroic is just bad training because you don't have to care about getting hit by stuff as much.
You're probably right. I'm a DH and where I do well is on the trash. I will out DPS everyone no matter what 98% of the time on trash. But for bosses I have to back off and do the mechanics right which lowers my DPS. I have to choose how I Fel Rush pretty wisely or I'll pull everything. But I can use metamorphosis and DPS everything down pretty heavily if we do pull a bunch of crap.
Twice an Aggie
AG
Yeah...ran some last night...drew interest from a top guild on server so may give it a go with them. Just sad to see a guild drop to 0 activity...cannnot even get a group for a regular mythic.

And totally agree that heroic dungeons are horrid now...no skill needed...I learned that real fast.
Madmarttigan
AG
Forgot to mention DHs in my list but they get up there with monks in regards to AoE potential and I think a great DH is really good for mythic plus runs. Probably the best AoE trio is monk/DH/mage. Some DKs do well but they seem to be more cooldown dependent.
Jinx
I'm a monk and am usually top in aoe pulls by a pretty good margin. Usually if I have competition it's a DH like you said. In raids, competition is a fire mage, mm hunter, demo lock. Monk are strong right now, I do recognize that fact. No legendary here, but the newbie spriest we brought to our heroic NM got one. I normally don't get salty but that one stung a bit.
Madmarttigan
AG
Why is it so hard to pug heroic elerethe... I don't understand why people make her so complicated.
The_Thinker
So someone advised me that since it has been 5 years from my last WoW boot up that I should start from 1 to learn the new parts of the game. Do y'all think that's a good idea or is someone messing with me?

Also if I did start from 1, what would you level. I have played all classes back in vanilla so there is at least some experience with everything but DK and DH.
PMD03
AG
I would start at 1. It will be quick to level and you can pick up mechanics along the way. Monk, Druid, or any class with multiple roles. I regret rogue as I am stuck as melee dps. It is super easy to switch roles now compared to Vanilla and TBC.

Also, Legion does not seem alt friendly with reputations and artifact knowledge not being account wide.
joemeister
AG
If you are going to start over, IMO pick druid, paladin or monk. If you don't have a guild or lots of friends to run Mythics with, good luck finding a group through the premade group finder as a DPS only class. Each of those classes can obviously fill all three roles.

As an aside, I think the premade group finder works great for world quests, but is horrible for mythic 0-3 dungeons. They really need to put those in the normal group finder.
The_Thinker
Thanks for the input, seems like then old raid rogue is still going to be covered in dust. Raid Druid shall live again! Long live the bear butt!
Madmarttigan
AG
I don't think there is any reason to start at level 1 unless you wanna punish yourself. Started a shaman at 100 and learned it just fine, never had played one before.

Druids and monks are a good option right now but Druid tank or healer will generally be preferred whereas monk dps/healer are stronger specs and I have literally only seen 1 monk tank.
AGSPORTSFAN07
AG
I have 3 characters that I started from 1. As long as you're buying heirloom gear it's not that bad. It should take about a month to get up to speed. The rest is having alts send you crap like money and potions to speed through XP and make yourself OP. What I've noticed though is that you really don't get the storyline like you should. You end up missing a lot.
Madmarttigan
AG
Been a good week got my 2nd and 3rd legendary this week! Just have a tough time choosing only 2.
Twice an Aggie
AG
I was locked out with no internet while moving and waiting for a line to be run. Anyone tried any of the new content? I hope to run them but still haven't even gotten into Emerald Nightmare thanks to a dead guild. Pugs never seem to need a melee DPS.
hot dog
AG
Cleared Karazhan yesterday. Took a long time but we killed everything. It's definitely not PUG friendly and most likely requires everyone in the group to be on discord or something together
AGSPORTSFAN07
AG
tv1113 said:

Been a good week got my 2nd and 3rd legendary this week! Just have a tough time choosing only 2.
I haven't even started that part of my order hall upgrade yet cause I haven't gotten a single legendary to drop.
fta09
AG
It's a good idea to start if you have the resources. It takes two weeks to complete.
hot dog
AG
You definitely want to start it ASAP. I got my second and third legendary over two weeks ago but haven't been able to use either of them because I slacked off on the upgrades
AGSPORTSFAN07
AG
fta09 said:

It's a good idea to start if you have the resources. It takes two weeks to complete.
I don't have the 15000 OR yet. That would take some extra work. If I get one then I'll have more of a incentive to get the 10000 I need. But right now I'm not getting any love from Mythics or Raids.
KyleA11
AG
Use your body guard follower with the equipment for resources when completing world quests
fta09
AG
Gotta do world quests. Got my first one in an emissary cache. Plus, you will earn lots of artifact power or resources that way.
AGSPORTSFAN07
AG
KyleA11 said:

Use your body guard follower with the equipment for resources when completing world quests
Good call.

Anyone use Mr Robot?
Madmarttigan
AG
Just an FYI 2 of mine are from level 6 and above mythic plus and 1 from WQ cache.
3rd and 2
AG
Does anyone need a priest? I'm currently at 108 and leveling up. Would like to get into Emerald Nightmare normal. Willing to switch to any spec. Btag is Oronis #1135. I'd like to play one or two days a week Sunday through Thursday.
Twice an Aggie
AG
Also really wanting into Emerald Nightmare and Karazhan and such. Lvl 110 enh shaman ilvl 858. Can do over 200k DPS/sec easily. Willing to commit to up to 2x a week. I am on Nesingwary server.
good nuggets
AG
Finally up to 840 and got my first legendary. Ready to run EN in a normal pug with anyone on here who's willing to let me join!
AGSPORTSFAN07
AG
Sheesh. How are y'all getting all these Legendary items?
good nuggets
AG
My first mythic keystone run and I got it. Saw a guy get one from a heroic dungeon yesterday. Good luck!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.