****** Official WoW: Legion Thread ******

19,413 Views | 257 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by PatriotAg02
diehard03
How long do you want to ignore this user?
quote:
I'm having a hard time finding time/desire to go back and finish the Valshar quest line when I'm more interested in Suramar, world quests and running mythic dungeons to gear up.

You'll need it for flying.
diehard03
quote:
As many of you have mentioned, its important to continue to advance your class quest as fast as possible because there is so much waiting. So. Much Waiting. It is a stupid mechanic to get people to keep coming back which is completely unnecessary at this point in time (there is so much good, creative content to do). Waiting 12 hours 8 times in a row is so damn tedious. And to do it 2-3 times along the quest line. Blech! The only redeeming factor is that the app is extremely useful. I can use my phone to complete and start new class hall follower quests.

I get their desire to draw out content. I can appreciate their concern over hearing people whine about nothing to do because they decided to play non-stop for 2 weeks.

I'd be ok with it if you ran a mission for 2-3 hours and got a item that you had to use in the world to complete the quest. (ie, like a mob is immune to damage unless you get the item from the follower mission) Then, having the missions be on CD until the next day or something. But having a follower-mission-only thing that just chains together is no different than just having 1 that goes for 6 days.
docaggie
AG
I came back after laying off for an expac.
I'm leveling a variety of characters as I decide what I want to play as a main spec.
I'm also loving the Legion app, so I can keep missions going as long as I have enough order resources.
Leveling five characters, I find myself working on whichever one is lowest in order resources.
I'm really enjoying the quests, and love that the dungeons aren't nearly as long as back in the day.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
AGSPORTSFAN07
AG
quote:
quote:
I'm having a hard time finding time/desire to go back and finish the Valshar quest line when I'm more interested in Suramar, world quests and running mythic dungeons to gear up.

You'll need it for flying.
This.
Madmarttigan
AG
So I haven't really done anything PvE related in an MMO in years but I have to say this ex pac makes it pretty fun with the world quest system.

Who is on alliance side?

I started last week and like to PvP a lot and am working on my gear to PvE more. Up to 827 now.

madmarttigan #1534
rhutton125
AG
Enjoying the new content so far. I've heard Val'Sharah is the best but so far... Highmountain > Azsuna > Stormheim

Edit: Actually, I think Stormheim was better than Azsuna.
good nuggets
AG
I put Highmountain at #1. That zone gives me all tha feelz
diehard03
quote:
running mythic dungeons to gear up.

Ran one for the first time last night @ 830 ilevel. They are legit. Couldn't get Odyn down, but we had some undergeared people and were an all-melee comp (not a good suggestion)
diehard03
quote:
Enjoying the new content so far. I've heard Val'Sharah is the best but so far... Highmountain > Azsuna > Stormheim

Imo Suramar is on top, but to be expected. The whole city/masquerade thing is pretty awesome. Outside of that, for me it's:

Aszuna > Stormheim > Val's > Highmountain. (Aszuna is best) I kinda hate Highmountain. With a passion. Val is cool if you do it early I think. By the time I hit it, I was focused on just getting the Loremaster complete and getting to 110 because I was close.
stridulent
AG
Really enjoying the leveling and early farming this expansion. Looking forward to the raids next week. I finally switched back to healer after playing warlock off and on for 5 years.
diehard03
Healers are in the leverage position this expac for sure (not like they werent in WoD). Guilds will rise and fall on having enough healers to go.
AGSPORTSFAN07
AG
quote:
I put Highmountain at #1. That zone gives me all tha feelz
It's beautiful for sure but it's my least favorite zone because of the elevations. It's worse than Stormheim and I have a DH so I'm pretty mobile.
good nuggets
AG
If people want to post [faction - name - server] we can start getting some groups together

Horde - Medwedeff - Darkspear 108 Priest
Horde - Frostienugs - Darkspear 110 Mage
Horde - Badkoda - Darkspear 101 Druid
Horde - Vcat - Darkspear 100 DK
Horde - Billyloochie- Darkspear 100 Hunter

hph6203
AG
Wouldn't class and level be relevant info?
hot dog
AG
Horde - Potate - Scarlet Crusade

blood DK tank, 825 ilvl
joemeister
AG
quote:
Horde - Billyloochie- Darkspear
Do you also have a Countbockula?

My list:

Alliance - Jaktu (109 Mage) - Magtheridon

Alts, all lvl 85 as I haven't started leveling anything else yet, all on Magtheridon:

Alliance:
Draedles (Shaman)
Protuberance (Priest)
Schlomoe (Hunter)
Kreem (Druid)

Horde:
Pnumatic (Paladin)

I have not used my lvl 100 token yet and will likely do so on a horde character. I think I want to play a healer but I want to tank on my paladin, so I'm between priest and druid atm, probably leaning druid for the versatility. Do any of the healing classes stand out right now as being better/worse?
good nuggets
AG
I hear that the Monk is awesome at all phases of the game.. Very strong healer and tank as well.. although i can say from experience that druid is as strong as ever.
chase128
AG
I think the World Quest system has completely transformed my WoW experience.

I had very little interest in PvE after Wrath. Something about World Quests and this xpac in general has got me interested in doing PvE content.

Logging in and checking the map to see all these things to do that reward me with awesome stuff makes me excited to play.

The World Quest system foundation seems pretty solid and I hope they build on it as the expansion continues.
rhutton125
AG
Just hit 110 and queued for BG. Probably bad luck that it's Strand of the Ancients, but in general... I'm not really sure what I should be doing as a Shadow Priest. Killing people, obviously, but what's my strategy? Dot everyone? Focus on cloth wearers? Healers? Stay out of sight?

There don't seem to be any guides, but maybe I can find some beta videos or something. Also, Strand of the Ancients kinda sucks
Madmarttigan
AG
As I said earlier madmarttigan #1534

Dwarf shaman 110, ilevel is 827 healer at the moment and I will pretty much heal anything PvE or PvP. I would love to heal mythics with yall or I know my group probably needs a quality dps when we are on.

I've only run heroics so far and they seem only slightly more difficult than normal so kind of old hat.

As far as PvP strategy it is somewhat being ruined by Demon hunters, they are just face rolling everything right now.
stridulent
AG
Stridulent#1581

Faction: Horde
Server: Stormweaver
Character: Judicary
Class: Holy Paladin

Currently 841. Down for heroic and mythics.
AGSPORTSFAN07
AG
MAKAsFLEX#1697

Server: Velen
Character: Geminixmas
Class: Havoc DH

iLvl: 811. Working slow as I am still running Draenor crap to get my professions up quicker.
BQwolf05
AG
BQWolf2005#1380

Faction: Alliance
Server: Bonechewer
Character: Thilgan
Class: Assassination Rouge
Level: 108/766

Have alts but haven't had time to level them as you can see my main is still needing some work.
OCEN99
AG
Skorak#11603

Server: Ysera
Character: Skorak
Class: Beastmaster Hunter
ilvl: 835 at the moment, just ran my first mythic dungeon last night
good nuggets
AG
What chat programs would everyone be most open to? Maybe we could get a couple 5 man dungeon groups going Friday night or Sunday. Assuming everyone will be like me and watching football all day Saturday.

Skype, Dolby, Mumble, Curse, Team Speak, Discord, other?
diehard03
diehardag#1609

Faction: Alliance
Server: Proudmoore
Character: Slycera
Class: Pirate
Level: 837

Chat program: Ventrilo
hot dog
AG
quote:
What chat programs would everyone be most open to? Maybe we could get a couple 5 man dungeon groups going Friday night or Sunday. Assuming everyone will be like me and watching football all day Saturday.

Skype, Dolby, Mumble, Curse, Team Speak, Discord, other?

Discord is the best IMO. Open to whatever though.
BQwolf05
AG
They have built in voice now. Have not used it yet though so don't know how good it is.
The_Thinker
So if the game I loved was original wow as a rogue, is it worth taking a look now days?
diehard03
quote:
So if the game I loved was original wow as a rogue, is it worth taking a look now days?

I think so. It's a different game from back then, as there are now 3 completely unique play styles. But stealth is still a thing, as is cheap shotting stuns and whatnot.
rhutton125
AG
Been PvPing a bit as shadow priest. Here's what I'm learning:

Very susceptible to spell lockouts (all abilities except shield are Shadow) and interrupts
Little CC or peeling - I have a 60-second cooldown fear, reduced to 30 with talent
Not much burst
No escapability (the two-second talented boost on my shield and my trinket are all)

Tough break. Not sure how this got through beta. Supposedly the DH tank spec has an 8-second stun or fear or something, so that forces my trinket. Had a 3 on 3 against two mages and they kept me perma-locked with counter spell.

I've had some good matches, but for the most part, Shadow Priests are easy kills.
AGSPORTSFAN07
AG
quote:
Skorak#11603

How'd that go?

I've pretty much done all the Heroics and want to move forward a little. I'm only at 830 though.
OCEN99
AG
quote:
quote:
Skorak#11603

How'd that go?

I've pretty much done all the Heroics and want to move forward a little. I'm only at 830 though.
It wasn't nearly as tough as I thought it would be going in. The bosses by and large aren't much different from heroic aside from taking longer to kill. I've heard it said and kind of agree that the trash can actually be harder than the bosses, though the last boss in Court of Stars is pretty tough without some coordination. Just go in expecting a few wipes and don't get too bent out of shape about it.
hot dog
AG
Any horde for a few mythics tonight?

I'm a 839 blood DK tank
Madmarttigan
AG
Mythics dont seem too bad just a few extra mechanics on some bosses but only done half the dungeons so far. Does get a little boring trying to do them for a 3rd time around.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.