Batman: Arkham Knight

11,587 Views | 111 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by GetThoseKeysMilo
Guitarsoup
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
Remember the good ole days where when you paid $50 (not $60) for a game and you got the entire game? Also, you didn't have to put the game in and let it download while eating up your memory? I miss the plug and play days while also saving money and memory. This is what Sony and Microsoft should push for for their fans. But them and the game developers are laughing all the way to the bank.
Remember having to wait so long at load screens to play the game?
jr15aggie
AG
quote:
quote:
Remember the good ole days where when you paid $50 (not $60) for a game and you got the entire game? Also, you didn't have to put the game in and let it download while eating up your memory? I miss the plug and play days while also saving money and memory. This is what Sony and Microsoft should push for for their fans. But them and the game developers are laughing all the way to the bank.
Remember having to wait so long at load screens to play the game?
Resident evil! At first I thought the "opening the door" scene was so cool. I mean, we had been playing 2D games forever and this PlayStation thing was the future! 3D door opening sequence... hells yes!

Yeah, it didn't take long before I figured out what it really was and that EVERY time I opened a door I might as well put the controller down and wait for a bit.
Fenrir
quote:
You still can. Just wait for the GOTY edition and spend probably $40 to get everything.
AliasMan02
AG
GOTY is a great moddle road. It's what I normally do. Arkham is the only thing I buy at launch, and I do it gleefully. More than worth it at twice the cost. Hell, I got my One for about a dozen little reasons, but really just for this game.
jr15aggie
AG
Just random web surfing during lunch and I'm seeing lots of complaints about the PC port. Lots of performance issues even with some of the stuff turned down. Maybe it's just the stuff that I'm seeing and it's no big deal, but at face value looks to be a rocky start on PC.

PS4 and XB1 pretty much identical from what I'm reading. Both look incredible with some slowdown noticeable (if you are really looking) during Batmobile scenes... otherwise it's solid. I think XB1 is running at 900p and PS4 at 1080p, but not 100% sure.

Tex117
AG
I know the main story is about 12 hours to complete, but about how long is the game doing major side quests and main story?

SECivil Ag-11
AG
Man, rocky start is putting it way too lightly. It's an absolute disaster. One of twitter's top trending topics right now 82K+ tweets and most of them are just ripping it to shreds. Steam is rightfully pissed off too (thank goodness for Steam refunds now). I don't think a game with this much hype and anticipation has gotten a reception this vicious before. It's stunning. Tough for this studio, Rocksteady makes such good games.
Tex117
AG
^
Rocksteady didn't do the port. Regardless, they should not have allowed it to be released in that state.
Guitarsoup
AG
So is the problem just with the PC version? I'm thinking about finally buying a ps4 and getting this game.
agdoc2001
AG
quote:
So is the problem just with the PC version? I'm thinking about finally buying a ps4 and getting this game.

PC only, Xbone and PS4 are reportedly fine. They hired a 3rd part to do the pc version and it is straight up broken.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
SECivil Ag-11
AG
I agree, it's a shame a 3rd party did the port in the first place but like your said, it's still Rocksteady's responsibility that the development went smoothly. It's still a shame no matter how you look at it. I can see some free DLC headed everyone's way for this though, kind of like what Ubisoft did after the mess that was AC Unity.
jr15aggie
AG
This is why unless the game is primarily a PC game, it is usually delayed (releases after the console versions). This was a console developed game as were the others. I think previous batman games released later on PC. They tried I guess, but should have delayed it on PC.
Guitarsoup
AG
quote:
quote:

PC only, Xbone and PS4 are reportedly fine. They hired a 3rd part to do the pc version and it is straight up broken.
Well, picked up the Limited Edition PS4. Has Batman on the side. I fully expect to be able to play at least a dozen hours of this the rest of the year.
jr15aggie
AG
Installing on the XB1 right now. Kids should all be in bed in a couple hours. Already informed the wife yesterday I'd be ignoring her tonight.

Been looking forward to this game for a really long time. I'm not nerding out over it, but I anticipate something awesome!
Ganondorf
AG
The game was 40% off through green man gaming on the pc for a solid week before release. Guess we know why now.
Sentinel
AG
Played a few hours this evening. I rather enjoyed it.
wangus12
AG
I have no self control whatsoever and picked it up. Played 30 minutes or so. Stunning game. Driving will take some getting used to
Guitarsoup
AG
Yeah, not a fan of the batmobile stuff so far
Sentinel
AG
Yeah I was talking with a friend last night about how I didn't like the way it felt driving the Batmobile. I do think it's much better though if you turn on the toggle option for battle mode in the gameplay settings.
jr15aggie
AG
Get into a fight with lots of dudes on the street
Call in Batmobile
Build up combo meter
Activate Batmobile combo take-down
Enjoy

The tank stuff is OK, but I enjoy the Batmobile in general, especially once you can eject from it.... It's the best way to really fly with lots of momentum. And overall it just adds a layer of coolnes all the ways you can call it in and swoop into it like a boss. Press LB to even the odds!

PS: Game is stunning graphically!
AliasMan02
AG
I just got a cancelation from Gamestop, but it's supposedly out for delivery already. And I have my Red Hood code already. Maybe I'm getting it for free!

Any shipping weirdness for anyone else?
FTACO97
AG
Ok, am I the only one who is clueless on how to find the other firemen? I did the first one but it has not given me any clue on where I can find the other ones.

Feel like I'm further into the Scarecrow storyline that I should be at this point because I can't figure out how to advance the other stories. Have spent quite a bit of time roaming around the city for something to pop up, but nothing.

Other than that, this game is awesome!
Sentinel
AG
I found two firemen. After that the mission was crossed out. I'm guessing it will get unlocked as we move along.
NoHo Hank
AG
Has anyone played on PC yet? Is it as bad as they're saying?
SECivil Ag-11
AG
It appears so.
jr15aggie
AG
quote:
Ok, am I the only one who is clueless on how to find the other firemen? I did the first one but it has not given me any clue on where I can find the other ones.
I played some last night and sorta thought the same thing... the first one was marked and easy to find but then I was stuck. After a quick search online it appears to be correct that you have to search for the others and they aren't marked. Not sure if there are any clues. I know with the murder mystery stuff when you hear Opera music you know you are close (I've found 2 of these so far). For the firefighters I guess you have to use your detective vision to look for them... not sure if there are any clues. Or you could use the cheat maps they have online.

Somebody post if you find clues or tips on how to find them w/out looking up the answers.

quote:
Has anyone played on PC yet? Is it as bad as they're saying?
What I'm seeing is that it's not just performance issues (which there are many), but the game just looks like crap when compared to the consoles. I noticed right away on the XB1 that up-close shots of Batman not only reveal really nice texture work, but they even have rain effects as drops hit his mask and roll down. Looks very nice especially with all the reflective light sources also hitting the wet mask. On PC these "water texture effects" aren't even there apparently.

I can see why some are very frustrated because many people had a PS4 or XB1 but chose the PC version instead so they could get the optimum experience. Oops!
MW03
AG
I think it has to do with listening to guys talk about the riot and heading there.

PS, this game is legit
wangus12
AG
Agreed. I just ran around beating up guys until I heard some dude say he'd never killed a fireman before. Stopped, went into detective mode and found them that way as they were nearby.
jr15aggie
AG
Heard they pulled the game from Steam it was so bad.

All of this actually has me impressed it is so solid on consoles. A game that is graphically so good that most of us probably expected frame-rate or other issues at launch... instead we get a game that is possibly the best I've ever seen and performance wise it's solid!
easttexasaggie04
AG
Does this game kinda play like Far Cry 4? I've never played a Batman game but I loved Far Cry 4.
MW03
AG
quote:
Does this game kinda play like Far Cry 4? I've never played a Batman game but I loved Far Cry 4.
It's closer to Assassin's Creed mixed with LA Noire.
easttexasaggie04
AG
I've never been a huge fan of Assasin's Creed. Not sure why, maybe not enough action and too much sneaking around? So maybe I won't like this one.
MW03
AG
There's usually some sneaking hidden in the game, but it's more of an action game. At least the way I play them.

I can't say it's like Far Cry 4 because that's more of a FPS with picking up items. Not completely dissimilar from Borderlands 2 in that way. I happen to love both of those games, too.
jarAGGIE05
AG
Typically the way I play the Batman Arkham games is I run around completing the main story but I listen for chatter. When you hear chatter, listen to it, look at the top-right of the screen to see how far away you are from it, and go into detective mode to look for where the audio is coming from. However, I believe the side missions and clues will eventually reveal themselves as you carry on through the game.

I am really enjoying this game so far, but my one criticism is what I've read a lot; too much use of the Batmobile battle mode. I love driving around, but the tank mode (I can already tell) will get old.
jr15aggie
AG
quote:
I've never been a huge fan of Assasin's Creed. Not sure why, maybe not enough action and too much sneaking around? So maybe I won't like this one.
To me this game is very little like AC. The combat has some similarities, but that's only because games try and copy what Batman did. It's an incredible series.

Which brings up a point... I'm not that far into the game, but so far this game doesn't really explain combat at all. So many things I know simply because I played the previous games so it's not a huge deal. Things as simple as grates in the floor that you can hide in are not explained at all in this one. And when I level up I'm met with dozens and dozens of options... it's a bit overwhelming. Generally speaking the game really just throws you into it w/out much hand holding. If it's a bit much for me, I can only imagine new players being completely lost for the first few hours.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.