**** Official Xbox One Launch Thread ****

87,898 Views | 1057 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by mjpfeffer98
Madmarttigan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Is there a comprehensive list of apps and games available for DL on day 1?
jr15aggie
AG
Games:

http://www.ign.com/wikis/xbox-one/Xbox_One_Launch_Titles

Apps:

http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-33199_7-57611828-221/xbox-one-vs-playstation-4-entertainment-apps-compared/
Madmarttigan
AG
I'm actually really interested to see how the new kinect will work with all this xbox fitness stuff. It could bring a nice little entertainment factor to working out if it actually works well.
codenameduchess
AG
quote:
Where are you getting the two games from in your question?
Sorry I didn't mean two. Doesn't the pre-order come with a choice of game?
dcaggie04
AG
Xbox one smartglass app now available for ios, android and windows devices. Looks very nice on my note 10.1. Cant way to connect it up this weekend to see how it is.
jr15aggie
AG
The Smartglass app is VERY nice. You can start pinning games/apps that you know you are going to be getting using the app.

Looks like MS has their "stuff" together! If the Smartglass is already up and working flawlessly, that's a very good sign that XBL on XB1 is ready to go.

There are also some early streams of the UI and games going on twitch. I haven't watched any (I'm pretty much done watching all XB1 videos, I want some surprises come Friday), but the posts I've read suggest it is lightening fast and everything is working flawlessly (the UI and Live). MS took a lot of flack about 6 months ago, but this console looks to be legit!
Aries
quote:
and games going on twitch.

Err...que?
Did something change?
GigEmAggies06
AG
Xbox One gameplay can still be streamed to Twitch; it just requires a capture card rather than using the built in app.
wee_ag
AG
Planning on streaming with my elgato this weekend.
Saxsoon
AG
I haven't had a chance to watch this yet, but Sessler is always one of the more respected reviewers out there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=3Y51zatx9qs
TCU Aggie
AG
I'm still trying to justify to myself spending 500 dollars on it... I will buy it at some point. That's a lot of money though for just a couple of games I will play.
Aggie CMD
AG
Media room is ready to go! I have my posters updated and input one on the receiver is waiting for its connection.

[This message has been edited by 8-bit Aggie (edited 11/20/2013 8:52a).]
Kampfers
AG
New sound system arrives today, couch gets here this saturday, new tv next wednesday, xb1 probably on thursday. I'm gonna be about a week late to the revolution but I plan to do so in style.
agfan2013
AG
Anybody of you guys with both consoles going to run their ps4 through the xbox1 to the tv? I saw an article where a guy ran a 360 into an xbox1, and then that into another xbox1 just for laughs. It technically did work but there was noticeable lag. They said the lag was not really discernible when running just one other console through an xbox1.
Tex117
AG

Because I like to pick on the OP.
Aggie CMD
AG
People ask me why am I picking up an Xbox One over a PS4? The answer is simple. The differentiator this generation is not going to be hardware (they are for all practical purposes very similar). Exclusives will be important, but cross-platform titles will continue to be dominant. The difference will be services. And if you think Sony has the software expertise or infrastructure to keep up with Microsoft you are living a dream that is about to become a nightmare (OK, that last part was a little dramatic).

BTW, the Xbox One launch line-up makes a very compelling argument for being better than the PS4 with Ryse, Dead Rising 3, and Forza 5. The best line-up is ultimately subjective however.

And just to make this clear: Peggle 2 is going to blow your minds!
OldArmy07
AG
Ovaltine, go write it up on your website so we don't have to read your **** on this thread too.
Tex117
AG
quote:
Exclusives will be important, but cross-platform titles will continue to be dominant. The difference will be services. And if you think Sony has the software expertise or infrastructure to keep up with Microsoft you are living a dream that is about to become a nightmare (OK, that last part was a little dramatic).

Um, what?

But an honest question coming, what services?

People ask me why I will get a Ps4. My answer, better hardware, cheaper, the "cross-platform" difference will be negligible this generation (if not ps4 being better if some third party accounts are accurate), Sony's commitment to indie games, variety of games are better on Playstation (debatable for sure).

Ultimately, I guess it comes down to the type of gamer you are.

Oh, and the memory for Xbox1 is showing problems as cloud saving is not up and running yet.

[This message has been edited by Tex117 (edited 11/20/2013 11:48a).]
wee_ag
AG
quote:
Cold boot takes 1:08.

Suspended boot takes less than :10.

How long is PS4 boot time?

[This message has been edited by wee_ag (edited 11/20/2013 12:22p).]
Fenrir
From cold it's ~30-35 seconds. From standby...assuming it's not downloading in the background, it's about 3-5 seconds. If it's functioning in standby, it's ~18. I imagine both will improve over time (see WiiU boot time now versus release).
jr15aggie
AG
You know what this thread needs... more PS4 is better pics/posts. Oh wait, those guys above totally already did that. Thanks guys!!!
jr15aggie
AG
Anybody getting theirs via Amazon? Mine hasn't shipped yet. Pretty sure they have a distribution center in Texas so may not ship until tomorrow.
Aggietaco
AG
They're prepping for shipping tomorrow. The bank issued me a new CC number due to fraud protection a few weeks back and I forgot to update my Amazon account. Got a notice last night that I needed to correct that today or my order would be cancelled.
Eraserhead Ag
Good Guy Amazon reminded me to update my expired CC information a few says ago, too.

Also
quote:
Cold boot takes 1:08.

Who would cold boot an Xbox One?
Aggie CMD
AG
What services?

Xbox Live is being powered by over 300,000 servers. We are talking infrastructure that only Amazon and Google can match. Integration with other Windows devices **could** be a game changer. You are already seeing the sharing of Skydrive and Skype across platforms. Did you know you can save your game clips to Skydrive, then edit with your choice of software and post to any site? I think that is pretty cool. Did you know that developers are entitled to benefits of the cloud for free? Cloud processing is for real and is going to make your games better. How about good old, reliable online gaming as a service? You might think it's old hat but PSN got SHUTDOWN. Xbox Live hasn't had 100% uptime, but it's been pretty darn close. Exclusive TV content, NFL integration, Kinect, ID@Xbox, Cheevo system - the services are broad and there is something for everyone.

And it still plays games.

Pretty amazing stuff.

Bryan98
AG
Tex 117 - What is this you're claiming about Xbox One cloud saves not working, and memory problems with the Xbox One? I haven't seen either of those things reported anywhere. Pot stirring your fellow Ags in the name of console wars is bad bull, man. Or if there is really some substance to it, please, give us some links so we can avoid this pitfall.
Tex117
AG
Bryan,
http://www.extremetech.com/gaming/170610-xbox-one-cloud-servers-will-frequently-reboot-potentially-losing-your-in-game-progress
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/11/06/xbox-one-cloud-updates-may-force-mid-game-reboot

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=719515

quote:
Pot stirring your fellow Ags in the name of console wars is bad bull, man. Or if there is really some substance to it, please, give us some links so we can avoid this pitfall.

Not pot stirring at all. It would be bad bull. Up to you if this is a big deal or not.

quote:
What services?

Xbox Live is being powered by over 300,000 servers. We are talking infrastructure that only Amazon and Google can match. Integration with other Windows devices **could** be a game changer. You are already seeing the sharing of Skydrive and Skype across platforms. Did you know you can save your game clips to Skydrive, then edit with your choice of software and post to any site? I think that is pretty cool. Did you know that developers are entitled to benefits of the cloud for free? Cloud processing is for real and is going to make your games better. How about good old, reliable online gaming as a service? You might think it's old hat but PSN got SHUTDOWN. Xbox Live hasn't had 100% uptime, but it's been pretty darn close. Exclusive TV content, NFL integration, Kinect, ID@Xbox, Cheevo system - the services are broad and there is something for everyone.

And it still plays games.

Pretty amazing stuff.

Cool features if you want them. I guess I still harken back to the old school days where you thown in a game and play it. I don't play online games. I wont edit video.

[This message has been edited by Tex117 (edited 11/20/2013 2:42p).]
Bryan98
AG
Okay, thanks, sorry to cast aspersions.

I read that ExtremeTech piece after seeing your post - I Googled xbox one cloud saves or similar - seemed like much ado about nothing to me.

Cloud saves already work perfectly on Xbox 360. They do exactly what I want, and they are backed up locally. They are exactly how I'd design it, although I'm reading that the One usage is even more elegant.

I have no idea what PS4 cloud saves look like, but I found PS3 cloud saves to be literally unusable, and even aspirationally much less useful than those on the 360.

When folks say "services" will make the difference, that's the kind of thing they're talking about. Functional, user-friendly cloud saves and excellent online technology (party chat, uptime, etc.) made a big difference to me in the previous generation (where I owned all three consoles).
slickag2007
AG
Can't you rabid ps4 fanboys take it elsewhere? Nobody pulled your strings.
t_J_e_C_x
AG
Getting mine Friday!

Had an Asus tablet that I bought two years ago and got a two year warranty with Best Buy. Tablet fails while at Texas A&M in my last semester so this past summer I take it up to Best Buy to get exchanged via the warranty.

They tell me they no longer sell the tablet, so instead they'll give me $500 in store credit to purchase a similar tablet or put the money towards something else. Put that money towards a Day One Xbox One console and am only paying $40.08 for the console out of my pocket.

Three launch games (Battlefield 4, Assassins Creed: Black Flag, and Ryse) are all paid off with Gamestop by trading in my old Xbox 360 games for in store credit. All in all, what would have been $800+ is only $40.08.

Looking forward to UPS dropping that box off and getting at it!

TheMustangTesla
AG
And now back to ignoring the PS4 trolls...

Here is a cool Xbox One review from the Verge:

http://www.theverge.com/2013/11/20/5117320/microsoft-xbox-one-review

The ability to adapt this system during the next ten years looks promising.
t_J_e_C_x
AG
quote:
The ability to adapt this system during the next ten years looks promising.

In the next couple of years I will more than likely go about purchasing a PS4, however this quote sums up why Xbox is my first choice other than I'm using to this system and committed to it already through the 360.

It brings a lot to the table, that even though got negative aspects during the beginning stages of it's launch, still have pros to it. I was not a fan of much of which they were forcing, but there was still a lot of innovate things the Xbox could do that people cannot ignore.

It seems like within the next ten years, the Xbox One will be a highly innovated console and all-in-one entertainment machine. It's a much smarter buy in the long run.

Not hitting at PS4, but it just seems like they are updating it from one game console to another game console, doing things the 360 has already been doing for a long time.

Ovaltine
Xbox One tester realizes that Kinect can see his tiny *****, gets mad. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ed9DbVz5Tb0&feature=youtu.be
jr15aggie
AG
quote:
jr15aggie is just too easy to get riled up about absolutely nothing.

My post above was totally sarcastic... I can't post anything w/out you PS4 guys taking a shot at me. Here is one of my posts from the PS4 thread:

quote:
That's funny about the amazon thing. My XB1 is from amazon too.

Hope y'all have a good weekend with your PS4s

Yeah, that totally sounds like a guy that's all riled up. Seriously, some of you guys are Corky from Life Goes ON. You deserve each other! I feel sorry for Marsuvees... he's surrounded by morons.

[This message has been edited by jr15aggie (edited 11/20/2013 3:13p).]
Fenrir
quote:
he's surrounded by morons.

You continue to stay above the fray. Kudos.

That Kinect video is stupid. It's a fold in his ****ing pants not his *****.

[This message has been edited by Fenrir (edited 11/20/2013 3:14p).]

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.