***** Cowboys v Saints *****

12,420 Views | 354 Replies | Last: 2 days ago by double aught
jagged
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Defense never had an answer. Beat over the top as well as repeatedly on runs to the edge.
Macarthur
Ha ha. 7 min in the 4th and they call a hold.
Woods Ag
AG
I'm not blaming game on Dak. I know who he is. A front runner that can't lead his team in adversity.

I'm actively routing against them after they gave him that contract. Jerry had me convinced he may actually take him to free agency and it was all for publicity.
Furlock Bones
AG
He should have. These owners are scared out of their asses of losing above average QBs. The problem is above average QBs don't win a lot of super bowls. They may win 1 here or there. Great QBs win super bowls.
Macarthur
How many great QBs are there? And how do you get one?
wspagg
AG
&ct=g
FightinFarrier18
AG
Macarthur said:

How many great QBs are there? And how do you get one?
Especially considering how the last few years worth of rookie QBs have turned out, I'm okay with paying Dak. The only rookie QB from the last few years worth a damn has been CJ Stroud
Furlock Bones
AG
You either sign one in FA or keep hitting the draft. Don't sink massive, massive roster money into an average to slightly above average QBs.
Macarthur
Brady talking about the cowboys not having a running game. While true, I think the D giving up 6 TDs on 6 straight drives had a bit more to do w today than no running game.
Macarthur
Furlock Bones said:

You either sign one in FA or keep hitting the draft. Don't sink massive, massive roster money into an average to slightly above average QBs.
that's exactly how you win 6-8 games every year into perpetuity.
Woods Ag
AG
If your above average QB wants the most money in the NFL, you let him go and you go looking for another.

There are gap filling QBs that you can win with while looking for your next QB. You don't HAVE to pay the Q B that's proven to come up lame in big spots top dollar. That's a sure way to never get to where Jerry only cares about getting to - A Super Bowl.
FightinFarrier18
AG
Macarthur said:

Brady talking about the cowboys not having a running game. While true, I think the D giving up 6 TDs on 6 straight drives had a bit more to do w today than no running game.
Both are true. Dallas's offense is Dak and Ceedee. Jerry needed to either draft or sign a true RB1, but instead decided to promote RB3 and re-sign an over the hill Zeke
Southlake
Damn, their scrubs are taking it to us.

And it's not even the playoffs yet.
FightinFarrier18
AG
Woods Ag said:

If your above average QB wants the most money in the NFL, you let him go and you go looking for another.

There are gap filling QBs that you can win with while looking for your next QB. You don't HAVE to pay the Q B that's proven to come up lame in big spots top dollar. That's a sure way to never get to where Jerry only cares about getting to - A Super Bowl.
Ah yes, the Denver Broncos method. How's that working out for them?
Woods Ag
AG
Gardner Minshew worked out well for Indy last year. Mayfield worked out well. Geno worked out well. Fitz did it in a few places. Tyrod Taylor has done it.

**** Sam Darnold may be able to do it in Minn.
cone
AG
this team sucks
FightinFarrier18
AG
Woods Ag said:

Gardner Minshew worked out well for Indy last year. Mayfield worked out well. Geno worked out well. Fitz did it in a few places. Tyrod Taylor has done it.

**** Sam Darnold may be able to do it in Minn.
Wtf lol. You're talking about winning super bowls and bringing up Gardner Minshew and Tyrod Taylor
justnobody79
FightinFarrier18 said:

Macarthur said:

Both are true. Dallas's offense is Dak and Ceedee. Jerry needed to either draft or sign a true RB1, but instead decided to promote RB3 and re-sign an over the hill Zeke
The offense needs to feature Dowdle and the tight ends, then Lamb, then everyone else after that. They have too many small (Turpin/Vaughn) or slow guys (Zeke) that are getting too many touches.
Furlock Bones
AG
Exactly. You can't build a team by sinking all of your roster money into a single position if it is an average to above average QB. There's not enough money left to build a strong team.
Southlake
FightinFarrier18 said:

Macarthur said:

suburban cowboy said:

Dak is terrible
come on dude.

The defense has had the worst half the franchise has ever had. The NO defense knows they have to throw just about every down. He's basically got to be perfect and scored TDs every possession to stay in the game and you roll this garbage out there.
Dak haters just sit there and wait for him to make a mistake to pipe up, then disappear when he does good. This game is 110% on the defense
Daks rating: 78

But I'm sure he'll be better against Baltimore
Woods Ag
AG
Are you stupid or are you the type that's going to try to manufacture a trip up to salvage a win?

I said you go get a filler while you look for the next one.
MaroonStain
AG
This thread is beautiful. Who Dat!
Macarthur
The cap is going up drastically. Dallas will not be hampered by Dak's contract.
PatAg
AG
Furlock Bones said:

Exactly. You can't build a team by sinking all of your roster money into a single position if it is an average to above average QB. There's not enough money left to build a strong team.

No team wins without spending on their qb
FightinFarrier18
AG
Woods Ag said:

Are you stupid or are you the type that's going to try to manufacture a trip up to salvage a win?

I said you go get a filler while you look for the next one.
The Broncos have been trying to find the next one since Manning and now they're just a perennial dumpster fire. What team has that method worked out well for?
PatAg
AG
Furlock Bones said:

That works well for so many teams, you are a genius
fc2112
Woods Ag
AG
Elway has done an awful job at that position. They have been a rotating wheel at HC and by default OC as well.

It's not a sure thing. I've accepted there are fans that are happy just making the playoffs. That's not for me. I want a Super Bowl and Jerry has been pretty clear he only cares about the same. If that's your stance then the only answer is to go QB shopping and he balked in the last minute.
FightinFarrier18
AG
Woods Ag said:

Elway has done an awful job at that position. They have been a rotating wheel at HC and by default OC as well.
Dak may not win a SB, but he consistently gets to the playoffs. That at least gives us a chance every year. I don't think there are any available QBs who would be locks to get this team to the playoffs. Sure you may save some money, but what's the point if you're not even making the playoffs?

The last few years worth of draft rookie QBs have disappointed outside of CJ Stroud, and the FAs have not been better than Dak
Infection_Ag11
AG
As always, never overreact to a bad loss early in the NFL season. The Ravens just lost to a bottom 5 team. The 49ers lost to San Darnold. The Rams are getting dog walked by the Cardinals.

The Saints have a new offense with minimal film on it and came to play today. Dallas got hit in the mouth. Onto next week.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
FightinFarrier18
AG
Infection_Ag11 said:

As always, never overreact to a bad loss early in the NFL season. The Ravens just lost to a bottom 5 team. The 49ers lost to San Darnold. The Rams are getting dog walked by the Cardinals.

The Saints have a new offense with minimal film on it and came to play today. Dallas got hit in the mouth. Onto next week.
The cowboys always have one of these every year
AlwaysNextYear89
AG
fc2112 said:

Don't have Twitter, but has anyone pointed out he did that while watching another game? but hey, get internet famous, i guess

S'pose it could have been a previous Dallas in a previous year where they underwhelmed...plenty of opportunities
Infection_Ag11
AG
FightinFarrier18 said:

Infection_Ag11 said:

The cowboys always have one of these every year

Everyone in this era of the sport has at least one a year.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
wspagg
AG
http://www.espn.com/video/clip/_/id/41276568

Funny, and I'm a Cowboys fan.
EllisCoAg
AG
49ers and Ravens lose as well, crazy stuff happens
I wanna see our defense pissed off, not confused, maybe a little murder in their hearts Reload12, 11/4/11

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.