***Week Two Start/Sit/Waivers***

11,565 Views | 332 Replies | Last: 2 days ago by Silvertaps
Captain Hindsight 20/20
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
So someone in my league either accidentally or rage cut Puka in my home league I'm number 3 on waivers but you have to set Puka as top priority pick up right? I have Njoku at TE who I was planning on sending to IR so I'm not sure what Pukas value will look like ROS after coming back from injury. X
Captain Hindsight, Hero of the Modern Age
texagbeliever
If accident, the commissioner should restore him. Puka should not be droppable.

Honestly that basically gives the last pick in the draft (or 2nd to last) an unfair competitive advantage.
The Porkchop Express
AG
Unless Kupp gets hurt, hang onto him. He was a league winner before he got hurt, and Stafford clearly trusts him most when he's healthy. They've got maybe 3 games against tough defenses.

On Burrow - I've listened to a couple of podcasts suggesting he can no longer throw the ball down the field comfortably and they're trying to disguise it. That certainly looked like the case against the Patriots, who were supposed to be bottom of the league. He had 1 throw of more than 13 yards and on their final drive - down 16-10 with 3 minutes to go - all three of his passes were fewer than 10 yards. Losing Mixon, they're relying on Zack Moss to replace Mixon after Moss has only had more than 150 carries one time in his career.
Basically, if Burrow isn't 100%, they are going to be godawful and Jamar Chase and his FFL owners are going to be hating life.
texagbeliever
If burrow isn't able to make the deep throws, Cincinnati almost has to trade Higgins. Get some value out of their wasted year.
W
AG
there's something wrong with the Zac Taylor-Burrow-Chase-HIggins dynamic
W
AG
Captain Hindsight 20/20 said:

So someone in my league either accidentally or rage cut Puka in my home league I'm number 3 on waivers but you have to set Puka as top priority pick up right? I have Njoku at TE who I was planning on sending to IR so I'm not sure what Pukas value will look like ROS after coming back from injury. X
this made me laugh

I've never seen that phrase before
dixichkn
AG
Got Jake Ferguson as my one TE. Of course he gets hurt the first weekend and I assume he'll be missing time. Put in a bid for Likely but probably too low on the list to get him so I would have to move on somebody else if I don't get him. Should I drop Gus Edwards, Dionte Johnson, Jared Goff or a potential injury goldmine in Trey Benson for a short term TE?
La Bamba
AG
Need help for final flex spot, I'm between:

- Tee Higgins
- Xavier Worthy
- JK Dobbins
- Christian Kirk

I drafted Higgins as my starter on the flex but he was out last week plus I'm concerned about Burrows health.
Worth and Dobbins had breakout week 1s and Kirk was relatively quiet. I'm stuck between the top 3.
texagbeliever
Dobbins has a juicy match up. I like his floor way better then worthy. If Hollywood is healthy I'd for sure go Dobbins because worthy is unlikely to get 7+ targets so he will need to be extremely efficent.
beatlesphan
AG
Agree with Dobbins out of that group
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
oh no
AG
How valuable of a stash are the top two rookie RBs drafted last April?

Trey Benson, James Conner's handcuff and Conner does have injury history.. but I may not be able to hold onto him all that long managing injuries and bye weeks.

Jonathon Brooks- 1st RB taken in the draft. I picked him up in two leagues because he's eligible for the IR spot for the first four weeks, but even once the Panthers add him to their active roster, the Panthers appear to be really really bad, and the rookie may not usurp Chubba and Miles Sanders that quickly. Is he drop-able as soon as I need to use my IR sport for someone more important?
W
AG
I would hold onto Benson

but the Carolina offense -- it may not be worth holding any player
gigem1223
Hate to overreact to week 1 but who would you start between Cook and Dobbins? Dobbins has the better matchup but Cook gets more volume and obviously more invested in him.
Coachbro20
Got to love the game time decision calls as a fantasy owner. Being an Achane owner, I will be glued to my phone checking for updates on Achane all the way up to gametime.
MaroonStain
AG
Coachbro20 said:

Got to love the game time decision calls as a fantasy owner. Being an Achane owner, I will be glued to my phone checking for updates on Achane all the way up to gametime.

I had both Mostert and Achane last season. For FF, it was nerve racking
Coachbro20
I guess the positive thing about it is, if he does play he should receive plenty of looks with Mostert being ruled out.
MooreTrucker
AG
CMC not looking good for this week, according to the NFL Network.

At least we know ahead of time this week.
EliteZags
AG
just tried offering a load of ETN + Rhamondre + Chubb for CMC
would still have Jacobs/Dobbins/Pollard
txagman1998
AG

Dolphins are a little weird in regards to how we need to view their RBs. Achane played 37 snaps last week, with 15 of those snaps at receiver. Mostert played 31 snaps. 52% of the Dolphins snaps had both on the field. Essentially, starting Achane at RB in FF is a bit like starting a WR in your RB slot, which is huge in PPR formats.

With Mostert out, I think it will be Jeff Wilson Jr. who takes his role. If Achane is out, I think his role is filled by a mix of Jaylen Wright and Braxton Barrios, but I'm not certain of this. The way they have evolved Achane's usage this year is so unique it is difficult to say who his "backup" is when he is out. I guess we will learn more on Thursday.
texagbeliever
I see Achane as a more running version of Deebo. So not that revolutionary but it is so effective to have.
txagman1998
AG
Ironically, how the Dolphins use Achane is similar to how we used Ainais Smith in 2020. Is he a RB? Is he a WR? All that is certain is the Dolphins know if they get Achane the football in space good things will happen.
EliteZags
AG
ugh he actually countered with

ETN, Rhamondre, DK
for
CMC (+Chuba and Keenan who I'd just drop)

was actually considering accepting to pay up for the top end upgrade but he canceled offer before I could

rest of current roster half PPR:

QB Hurts
RB(2) Etienne, Jacobs, Rhamondre, Pollard, Dobbins, Chubb
WR(2) Chase, Metcalf, Flowers, B Thomas, Palmer, Jeudy
1 Flex
Pitts, Likely
Steelers

texagbeliever
What does he have at WR.

I think that offer is a strong no. Reinjury risk plus managed workload mean 2023 CMC is not in the cards for him. I bet touches and touchdowns are down. Keep it rhamondre and ETN.

If I were you id want to try to package Josh Jacob's plus a wr to upgrade WR.
EliteZags
AG
well he then reproposed a better deal:

ETN, Rhamondre, DK
for
CMC, Dell, Hubbard(drop)

knowing how tough it is to acquire any top tier starters in this league I impulsively hit accept before he had 2nd thoughts, new roster:

RB(2) CMC, Jacobs, Dobbins, Pollard, Mattison, Chubb
WR(2) Chase, Flowers, B Thomas, Dell, Jeudy
1 flx

I had instant regrets of drafting ETN over Achane, and can plug in Pollard and Dobbins until CMC is ready
Flowers steps into my WR2 but the long term hope is Thomas is the real deal breakout, and Dell could be reliably started in any games Nico/Diggs miss

a bit relieved to ease the weekly RB logjam dilemma a bit that the struggling ETN would've caused,
gave up a lot but think I had the depth for it and hopefully have 2 healthy 1st rounders for the season

AggieNiebs
AG
PPR:
Jameson Williams or Marvin Harrison Jr?

Burrow or Mayfield?
EliteZags
AG
then was just offered Andrews for Pitts straight up
I just got Likely too, but torn here cuz I think Pitts has the higher celling, Andrews maybe more consistency
hurleyag
AG
I think Harrison Jr has a bounce back (can it be called that) and I'd hold out with burrow until he proves he can score big again.
Ag_07
AG
12 team PPR flex spot

Amari Cooper @ JAX
Terry McLaurin v NYG

If neither of these two look enticing I did pick up Demarcus Robinson and Justice Hill off waivers.
The Porkchop Express
AG
AggieNiebs said:

PPR:

Burrow or Mayfield?

There is no starting Burrow until he does something. Mayfield has the Lions, that's a shootout waiting to happen.
EliteZags
AG
EliteZags said:

then was just offered Andrews for Pitts straight up
I just got Likely too, but torn here cuz I think Pitts has the higher celling, Andrews maybe more consistency

funny I was considering accepting based on accolades/draft capital, but then remembered right after the game Thurs I actually thought about making a buy low offer for Andrews but then decided I liked Pitts potential better
oddly somehow the deal seemed more attractive when offered to me
texagbeliever
Big assumptions in player values:
Is he healthy and able to throw: Rodgers, Cousins, and Burrow. 3 guys that have been elite QBs and on paper have the weapons to pick up where they left off. But questions on injury limiting passing abilities.
All 3 faced good defenses in week 1.

StinkyPinky
AG
The Porkchop Express said:

AggieNiebs said:

PPR:

Burrow or Mayfield?

There is no starting Burrow until he does something. Mayfield has the Lions, that's a shootout waiting to happen.
Agreed. Benching him until further notice. Starting Stafford (would have grabbed Mayfield, but lost out on waiver priority).
Ag_07
AG
If anyone is looking for an upgrade at kicker snatch up that kicker for PIT who scored all 18 of the Steeler's points including makes from 57, 56, and 51.

Looks like PIT defense is pretty good and offense sucks and he's playing in DEN this week followed by LAC then indoors at IND.
texagbeliever
Ken walker DNP
txagman1998
AG
I'm as high on Achane this FF season as anyone and I know that past performance does not guarantee future results, but the data in the tweet below is not very promising. I don't generally like playing it safe with high ceiling players, so I hope the Dolphins just rule him out this week and make everyone's start/sit decision easier.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.