Thoughts on choosing a Keeper

660 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by investorAg83
JoeyB11
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm probably thinking too hard about this, but choosing my Keeper for the year is tough.
Open to opinions, but I'm heavily leaning towards keeping Amon-Ra, but these others are great choices:

Ja'Marr Chase - Rd1 pk4
Amon-Ra St. Brown - Rd2 pk4
Chris Olave - Rd7 pk4
Devon Achane - Rd 9 pk4

I'm slated for the 9th pick this year.
Zachary Klement
AG
That one is tough...I think Achane is the best value, but ARSB is the safest pick.

I think I'd lean Achane.
ac04
step one is to compare ADP vs. where you'd be keeping them to see how much value you're getting by keeping them instead of having to draft them

chase - ADP ~5, keep at 4 (-1)
ARSB - ADP ~7, keep at 16 (+9)
olave - ADP ~21, keep at 76 (+55)
achane - ADP ~23, keep at 100 (+77)

then decide if you agree with ADP. if you do, this one is pretty clear IMO

edited to add that i would keep achane, and if mostert isn't kept i would probably reach a bit to grab him as injury insurance. if he is kept or you miss him i would make sure i got jaylen wright.
stick95
AG
ac04 said:

step one is to compare ADP vs. where you'd be keeping them to see how much value you're getting by keeping them instead of having to draft them

chase - ADP ~5, keep at 4 (-1)
ARSB - ADP ~7, keep at 16 (+9)
olave - ADP ~21, keep at 76 (+55)
achane - ADP ~23, keep at 100 (+77)

then decide if you agree with ADP. if you do, this one is pretty clear IMO
If you really wanted to go crazy, you can value each pick. Instead of just doing a difference in pick location, you do a difference in pick values. The value between ADP 16 and 7 if going to be greater than the value between ADP 99 and 90. If you just subtract those two trades are the same.

I still think you will find that the best value is Achane. Also, you need to consider that you are throwing those players back, so I might be able to get back Chase or ARSB in the first round.

https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2018/8/20/17758898/fantasy-football-draft-pick-value-chart
Try and make something idiot proof, and all they do is make a better idiot.
investorAg83
AG
The answer is Achane. Next…

Also how do you have the 9th pick but all your keeper options are pick 4 in that round?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.