Fantasy Football Draft Talk

16,268 Views | 241 Replies | Last: 12 days ago by investorAg83
Chipotlemonger
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Very surprised that you got Tyreek there at 7. That being said, I am not sure about your 2nd pick. That seems like a huge reach on Pacheco. Was every single team going RB?
Captain Hindsight 20/20
AG
I unfortunately agree with you. There was a major run on RBs at the 1-2 turn and I missed on Gibbs and Kyren. That said I don't agree with ESPN's rankings and felt more comfortable with Pacheco round 3 but it would've put me in a tough spot on RBs.
Captain Hindsight, Hero of the Modern Age
Chipotlemonger
AG
If there was that big of a RB run you might have been able to zig when others were zagging. Could have gotten one of the top WRs with your 2nd pick and just rolled with it or traded down the line.
Captain Hindsight 20/20
AG
Looking back I agree was definitely a panic selection. I'll say when Tyreek fell to me at 7 I was absolutely dumbstruck every mock I participated in on had me getting Chase or Jefferson so my league mates definitely threw a wrench in
Chipotlemonger
AG
User name checks out.

Who knows, you could have the RB1 there! Time will tell.
BMX Bandit
12th spot PPR. I think it was good spot to be in.

12 Gibbs
13 Wilson

36 Waddle
37 Pittman

60 Dak
61 Kinkaid

84 Javonte Williams
85 JSN

108 Chase Brown
109 Shultz

132 Shakir
133 Dowdle

156 Prater
157 Broncos

Zachary Klement
AG
Captain Hindsight 20/20 said:

boy09 said:

Zachary Klement said:

Is Achane at 16 in a ten-teamer too high?

He just went at 16 in my 12-team league. I don't think it's that crazy. RBs were flying off the board, get em while you can.
Achane went 5.8 in my 10 teamer
Was he someone's keeper? That is wayyyyyyy too late.
Ag_07
AG
Ehh...For as light as you are at RB I'm not high on your WRs.

I worry that Richardson's inability to throw hurts Pittman and I've been burned by Waddle before so I'm biased negative towards him.

I do like Gibbs, Kinkaid, and JSN.
Captain Hindsight 20/20
AG
Zachary Klement said:

boy09 said:

Zachary Klement said:

He just went at 16 in my 12-team league. I don't think it's that crazy. RBs were flying off the board, get em while you can.
no I think a few guys passed due to injury concerns and he snowballed.
Zachary Klement
AG

Zachary Klement said:

boy09 said:

Zachary Klement said:

no I think a few guys passed due to injury concerns and he snowballed.
That is wild. I would've been chomping at the bit to draft him in the third.
k20dub
AG
Currently have Chuba Hubbard and Diontae Johnson. Don't like having two guys on the terrible Panthers. Fortunately they're just bench players for me for now. Is Chuba worth holding on to or should I go ahead and pick up someone else on waivers? Mooney and Hockenson are the top flex available.
Captain Hindsight 20/20
AG
k20dub said:

Currently have Chuba Hubbard and Diontae Johnson. Don't like having two guys on the terrible Panthers. Fortunately they're just bench players for me for now. Is Chuba worth holding on to or should I go ahead and pick up someone else on waivers? Mooney and Hockenson are the top flex available.
I'd hold on Chuba until Jonathan Brooks is at full strength which likely won't be til late October at the earliest Chuba is going to get the lion share of the work. He went on a run late last year where he average top 15 RB production. I like him especially in PPR formats. But once Brooks is back fully I think he'll turn into a pumpkin
W
AG
it may be tough to leave Jerome Ford on the bench for the first month of the season

especially if Cleveland doesn't resign Kareem Hunt

for some reason the Browns are taking their time making a decision on Hunt
Chipotlemonger
AG
k20dub said:

I would keep both and wait. One or both of those guys could be just fine. Teams are different each year.
JClark97
AG

Question:

I'm in a 12 team standard league (no PPR grandma league) & I do want a decent RB in one my first two picks. If I take CeeDee or Tyreek at #2, the problem is I don't pick again until the 23rd pick and I highly likely won't get Achane, Etienne, much less Pacheco or Kyren. The only decent RB is Josh Jacobs at that point, which I have mixed feelings about. There are a bunch of good receivers typically there at 23 such as Drake London, Olave, Deebo, Cooper Kupp, or Malik Nebors.

So would you rather have:

CeeDee
Josh Jacobs

Or

Breece Hall
Deebo (or any of the WRs listed above)

I could gamble and hope Achane is there but I doubt he will be….
ac04
no PPR i am taking bijan there i think. especially if you know this league will pound RB in the first 2 rounds.
txagman1998
AG
I'm drafting 1st in a 10 team ESPN league (full PPR, 4pt per passing TD, start QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/TE/Flex/DST/K). However, I am currently in Vegas on vacation. The draft is tomorrow at 6pm Pacific, and my flight home to LA is at 7pm. I figure I can make three picks before I have to shut down for the plane to takeoff and before I can get Wi-Fi.

My plan is to go ahead and take CMC at the 1.01, then take a WR at 2.10 (in practice drafts I've been taking Nico Collins, though Harrison Jr. and London are options as well). I would then take Achane at the 3.01. For rounds 4 and 5, I would then queue up 8-10 receivers I like and auto draft the rest, knowing I will likely end up with QB 10 (Burrow/Prescott/Daniels) and TE 10 (Kittle/Ferguson).

In the practice drafts, the AI takes DST and K in the last two rounds, which is good. And since I am drafting 1st, I automatically start the season with last waiver priority. Thus, I can clean up any auto draft errors before Week 1 and not lose any waiver priority places.

Anyone have any thoughts on this draft strategy?
Chipotlemonger
AG
Take RB at 2 all day in a no PPR.
JClark97
AG
Bijan or Breece Hall?

I think either is a correct choice. I'm thinking Breece because the Jets have a top O-Line!!!
texagbeliever
txagman1998 said:

I'm drafting 1st in a 10 team ESPN league (full PPR, 4pt per passing TD, start QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/TE/Flex/DST/K). However, I am currently in Vegas on vacation. The draft is tomorrow at 6pm Pacific, and my flight home to LA is at 7pm. I figure I can make three picks before I have to shut down for the plane to takeoff and before I can get Wi-Fi.

My plan is to go ahead and take CMC at the 1.01, then take a WR at 2.10 (in practice drafts I've been taking Nico Collins, though Harrison Jr. and London are options as well). I would then take Achane at the 3.01. For rounds 4 and 5, I would then queue up 8-10 receivers I like and auto draft the rest, knowing I will likely end up with QB 10 (Burrow/Prescott/Daniels) and TE 10 (Kittle/Ferguson).

In the practice drafts, the AI takes DST and K in the last two rounds, which is good. And since I am drafting 1st, I automatically start the season with last waiver priority. Thus, I can clean up any auto draft errors before Week 1 and not lose any waiver priority places.

Can you tell the AI to not take a kicker? There really isn't a good reason for you to draft one.
Captain Hindsight 20/20
AG
txagman1998 said:

Personally I have CeeDee at 1.1. I have a feeling McCaffrey will take a step back as he's reached his point on the age curve RBs generally start and he's starting to have somewhat chronic calf issues. Maybe it's a hot take and maybe I'm wrong just feel CMC is in for a regression this season. If you go my strategy I'd go CeeDee then grab either Nico Collins or Davante Adams and a RB likely Achane or Travis Etienne at the turn.
txagman1998
AG
Quote:

Personally I have CeeDee at 1.1. I have a feeling McCaffrey will take a step back as he's reached his point on the age curve RBs generally start and he's starting to have somewhat chronic calf issues. Maybe it's a hot take and maybe I'm wrong just feel CMC is in for a regression this season.

I don't think it's a hot take at all. I think a case could be made for any of CD, Tyreek, JJ, Breece, or Bijan as the 1.01. That being said, I'm still in on CMC as the 1.01, even with some of the potential issues that are there.
txagman1998
AG
Quote:

Can you tell the AI to not take a kicker? There really isn't a good reason for you to draft one.

I don't think so, though I'm not 100% sure. I think the auto draft will ensure you have a starter in every slot. From a theoretical perspective, this would mostly guarantee that a player that went auto draft and didn't make any lineup changes before the start of Week 1 would field a full lineup.

On that note, it will be interesting to see how AI could affect fantasy football. I could see a scenario In the future where the commissioner could turn on a setting so that if a team had a player in the starting lineup that was injured or on bye, the AI would automatically replace them with the highest projected player on the bench. This might make sense in more casual leagues. Nothing in FF burns me more when you are fighting for playoff position and one of your rivals gets a free win because their opponent that week wasn't fully dialed in and left in unavailable players that scored zeroes.
Zachary Klement
AG
Ten team .5 PPR

Jalen Hurts
De'Von Achane
Ken Walker
AJ Brown
Drake London
Mark Andrews
Rashee Rice
Christian Kirk
Jake Elliot
Seahawks D

Brian Robinson
Christian Watson
Curtis Samuel
Trey Benson
Rashod Bateman
Ray Davis

IR: Jonathan Brooks
Bruce Almighty
AG
First time player, drafted 4th in 12 team league.

QB - Jalen Huts
RB - Joe Mixon
RB - David Montgomery
WR - CeeDee Lamb
WR - Devante Adams
WR - Rashee Rice
TE - Trey McBride
Flex - Zamir White
Flex - Jaxon Smith-Njigba

I also have Jayden Daniels as a 2nd QB. I'm not sure what I'm doing though.
txagman1998
AG
It's a solid squad in my opinion. As for Jayden Daniels, he's simply insurance should anything happen to Hurts and to cover Hurts bye week. If Daniels does really well, you may be able to use him as trade bait to a team with QB issues.
gigem1223
Drafted 8/12 in my standard scoring league. It's a little wonky as you can only roster 4 RBs.

QB - Dak
RB- Hall, Cooks
WR - AJ Brown, Evans, Flowers
TE - Kincaid
K- Dicker
D - Dallas

Bench: Warren, Dobbins, McConkey, Mooney, Marquise Brown, Nix

JClark97
AG
Getting Breece Hall and AJ Brown in a 12 team league is a steal . Great team
AustinCountyAg
I agree, I was able to snag Warren late
AustinCountyAg
I agree. It may not be this year, but when it comes I think CMC is going to drop-off steep and fast (fantasy wise). I think they will start managing his work load and limiting his touches to keep him as fresh as possible Between injuries, and playing the position he does with the amount of touches he's already had in his career it isn't sustainable.
Ag_07
AG
Great team

Well done
Zachary Klement
AG
JClark97 said:

Getting Breece Hall and AJ Brown in a 12 team league is a steal . Great team

Seconded. Breece and AJB is stupid. That is an awesome setup.
Zachary Klement
AG
Thank you, sir!
amercer
AG
Definitely overthinking this (but what else am I supposed to do until my draft next week?)

Would anyone keep Michael Pittman over Achane? Looking at different sites their rank/adp are kind of all over the place. ESPN seems especially high on Pittman and low on Achane
superaggie73
AG
amercer said:

Definitely overthinking this (but what else am I supposed to do until my draft next week?)

Would anyone keep Michael Pittman over Achane? Looking at different sites their rank/adp are kind of all over the place. ESPN seems especially high on Pittman and low on Achane

I would not. Richardson hasn't proven anything yet…especially as a passer. Much more WRs in Pittman's range than RBs in Achane's range. Just my opinion.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.