Fantasy Football Draft Talk

16,271 Views | 241 Replies | Last: 12 days ago by investorAg83
Ag_07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
One thing I'm seeing in mocks that I'm curious about is George Kittle and plummeting ADP.

I think overall TE is pretty deep this year so I get waiting until later rounds but he's not being drafted until the 9/10th rounds.

Am I missing something here because that's seems like pretty good value at that position?
texagbeliever
I'd think the big 3 are health, very low game floor, and new WR that take could take away targets (though if Aiyuk leaves this could be a big boom for him).

ElephantRider
AG
Picking 1.01, 0.5 ppr. Is it McCaffrey all the way? He scares me, but I'm not sure what I would do if it's not him
Chipotlemonger
AG
I think you have to. Would be kicking yourself if you didn't get another one of his great seasons and you could have had it.
Bird93
AG
58.9% of all FFL teams with CMC on their roster made their league championship game last year. Yes, there are injury risks, but pass on him at your own peril.
texagbeliever
ElephantRider said:

Picking 1.01, 0.5 ppr. Is it McCaffrey all the way? He scares me, but I'm not sure what I would do if it's not him
Isn't it either CMC or Hill? And Hill has more injury risk questions than CMC.
Silvertaps
AG
My draft is on Saturday and I'm #2 pick in a 10 team PPR league.

I've always picked a RB first when I'm a top 4 due to how thin that position is.
Is that still a good strategy with so many great WRs (Lamb, Hill, Chase, St. Brown)?
If I went the WR route, then Etienne may be available at the turn. Just seems if you pick WR that early, you risk lacking RBs.
Ag_07
AG
But as someone mentioned before there's also pretty good value in some of the later RBs like Conner, Cook, Walker, etc.

I'm super high on all 3 of those guys.
texagbeliever
CMC if he is there. Likely just 1 of the WRs you mentioned.

Honestly the WRs in picks 18-30 don't separate too much for me. (I think you'd have to reach too much to take Kupp in rounds 2/3)
London, Collins, Olave, Evans, Aiyuk, Kupp, Metcalf, Nabers, Smith, Pittman, Diggs, Moore.

So I would look at Achane + Pacheco/Henry in rounds 2/3.

Then in rounds 4/5 you are looking at Nabers + Metcalf kind of pickup.
stick95
AG
texagbeliever said:

ElephantRider said:

Isn't it either CMC or Hill? And Hill has more injury risk questions than CMC.
How is that? Hill has missed 9 games since joining the league in 2016 and CMC has missed 23 games since 2017. Plus CMC has reached the RB productivity drop off at 28 years old and 1800 touches. CMC is a peak athlete and might beat the odds on that, but it is still beating the odds and atypical.

CMC is a great player, and I understand drafting him over Hill... but Hill is far less risky from an injury standpoint.
Try and make something idiot proof, and all they do is make a better idiot.
Chipotlemonger
AG
For you I would go CMC if available. If not I would go Bijan at 2.
Ag_07
AG
I'm really high on Kenneth Walker out of that group.

I think in that new offense he's going to put some really nice numbers and has potential to be a top end RB by season's end.
texagbeliever
Maybe he is just always "questionable" but plays anyways. You are right he has been very healthy.
ac04
1.01 should be CMC then WR/TE for the next few rounds IMO
Agzonfire
I'm hoping to not get 1.1 this year. I believe CMC will be hurt or significantly throttled back for playoffs. Maybe both
gigem1223
Then take CeeDee or Hill
La Bamba
AG
Rate my drafted lineup tonight:
QB- Stroud
RB - Bijan
RB - Derrick Henry
WR - Jaylen Waddle
WR - DeVonta Smith
Flex - Tee Higgins
TE - Dallas Goedert
K - Jake Moody (SF)
DST - Seahawks

Bench
WR - Christian Kirk
WR - Josh Palmer
RB - Tyler Algier
WR - Xavier Worthy
RB - JK Dobbins
WR - AD Mitchell
dixichkn
AG
boy09 said:

Need some keeper input, but don't want to add to the other 20 keeper threads on the front page.

Keep Dalton Kincaid in the 8th
or
Keep Rashee Rice in the 12th

I know Rice is probably a little bit better value in that spot, but i kinda just want Kincaid on my team more.
I'd keep Kincaid. He's gonna be a high end producer and you're lucky to get him in the 8th. You won't miss Rice, you'll have TE already locked up and can spend 3 of your first 7 on WR or maybe come back and see if you can grab a JSN or Brian Thomas in the 9th
dixichkn
AG
La Bamba said:

Rate my drafted lineup tonight:
QB- Stroud
RB - Bijan
RB - Derrick Henry
WR - Jaylen Waddle
WR - DeVonta Smith
Flex - Tee Higgins
TE - Dallas Goedert
K - Jake Moody (SF)
DST - Seahawks

Bench
WR - Christian Kirk
WR - Josh Palmer
RB - Tyler Algier
WR - Xavier Worthy
RB - JK Dobbins
WR - AD Mitchell

Like it. Surprised you were able to get Higgins that late. Stroud is gonna be an animal this year (hope so anyway as he is my keeper from last year). Another year in Slowik's system plus they're gonna be playing that 1st place schedule this year which should keep them throwing more. Not to mention Diggs and hopefully having Tank the whole year
txagman1998
AG
Agree with everything said above, just maybe keep an eye on the TEs on waivers. I don't care much for Goedert. He's only scored 22 TDs across 6 seasons with no more than 5 TDs in a single season. Maybe something changes with Kellen Moore as the new OC, but I'm not holding my breath.
La Bamba
AG
txagman1998 said:

Agree with everything said above, just maybe keep an eye on the TEs on waivers. I don't care much for Goedert. He's only scored 22 TDs across 6 seasons with no more than 5 TDs in a single season. Maybe something changes with Kellen Moore as the new OC, but I'm not holding my breath.

Yeah my plan had been to get Evan Engram or Jake Ferguson in the 9th but I guess I miscalculated cause they want like in the 7th or 8th round. I was between Goedert or Schultz but I thought with the Texans' stacked WR room there wouldn't be much targets left for Dalton. Although you can argue the Eagles are just as stacked at the skill positions. I agree, I'll need to manage the TE position.
BMX Bandit
Updated fantasy pros list

1 Christian McCaffrey (SF)
2 CeeDee Lamb (DAL)
3 Tyreek Hill (MIA)
4 Ja'Marr Chase (CIN)
5 Amon-Ra St. Brown (DET)

6 Breece Hall (NYJ)
7 Justin Jefferson (MIN)
8 Bijan Robinson (ATL)
9 A.J. Brown (PHI)
10 Garrett Wilson (NYJ)
11 Jahmyr Gibbs (DET)

12 Puka Nacua (LAR)
13 Jonathan Taylor (IND)
14 Marvin Harrison Jr. (ARI)
15 Saquon Barkley (PHI)
16!Davante Adams (LV)
17 Drake London (ATL)
18 Chris Olave (NO)
19 Josh Allen (BUF) QB1
TASAG18
AG
nm
Silvertaps
AG
https://www.reddit.com/r/fantasyfootball/comments/1enyt9t/comment/lhrkpky/

This is the new CSG spreadsheet from Reddit, has been very helpful in the past for me.
For anyone that has used it, what is the most favorable column to format the order?
Ag_07
AG
Keep an eye on Jonnu Smith. I think he's going be an absolute beast this year.

He put up good numbers last year in Atlanta and he's being used everywhere in that Miami offense. Lots of buzz about him out of Miami camp.

He's been going undrafted in every mock I've done.
W
AG
had my 1st draft tonight...the dreaded 12th pick in a 12-team league -- non-PPR

took G.Wilson and Pacheco at the first turn -- passed on Saquon and Gibbs

then Mixon and Walker at the second turn

Burrow is my QB. Rashee and Kirk are the other WR's
beatlesphan
AG
I like those picks given your spot
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
stick95
AG
I think that the dreaded 12th is actually not a real thing. Statistically, it is one of the best paces to pick. Here is a statical breakdown for NFL.com of fantasy draft positions and league champions:

### 2023 Season
- **1st Pick**: 12%
- **2nd Pick**: 10%
- **3rd Pick**: 10%
- **4th Pick**: 8%
- **5th Pick**: 7%
- **6th Pick**: 7%
- **7th Pick**: 7%
- **8th Pick**: 7%
- **9th Pick**: 7%
- **10th Pick**: 8%
- **11th Pick**: 8%
- **12th Pick**: 9%

### 2022 Season
- **1st Pick**: 11%
- **2nd Pick**: 9%
- **3rd Pick**: 9%
- **4th Pick**: 8%
- **5th Pick**: 7%
- **6th Pick**: 7%
- **7th Pick**: 7%
- **8th Pick**: 7%
- **9th Pick**: 7%
- **10th Pick**: 8%
- **11th Pick**: 8%
- **12th Pick**: 10%

It's ChatGPT so take it for what it is worth. But I challenged it to give me real numbers for a fantasy site and not estimations based upon articles.
Try and make something idiot proof, and all they do is make a better idiot.
W
AG
one observation from the draft...

Nacua went in the 2nd round -- 15th overall pick

Kupp went in the 3rd round -- 30th overall pick

their QB...Stafford...was picked in the 13th round

seems like a slight disconnect

and/or Stafford is a steal down there with 2 top WR's at his disposal
Ag_07
AG
Yeah I'm avoiding Nacua and Kupp at their current ADP.

Stafford is probably a safe pick if you're punting the position until the later rounds or streaming your QB.
AggieNiebs
AG
4th of 12 team, 1 ppr. Rate my draft:

QB: Burrow
RB: Bijan, A. Jones
WR: Harrison Jr., Evans
TE: Pitts
Flex: Diggs
K: Moody
Bench: Hubbard, Elliot, Keon Coleman, Jameson Williams, Mike WIlliams, Demario Douglas, Bo Nix
Ag_07
AG
Solid at WR. I think Mike will end up being your WR1 and Harrison Jr WR2 with good depth behind them with the guys you have on your bench.

RB is your glaring weakness as I'm not big on Aaron Jones and your bench players are candidates to be overtaken by their backups at some point.
superaggie73
AG
8th pick in 10 team league. 1 point PPR. Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR/TE flexes, 1 K, 1 D/ST, 1 Defensive Player. Please let me know what yall think.

QB: Dak, Tua
RB: Gibbs, Conner, Brian Robinson Jr, Singletary
WR/TE: St. Brown, Adams, LaPorta, Nabors, McLaurin, Addison, Smith-Njiba
K: Zuerlein
D/ST: Houston (will stream weekly)
DP: F. Warner
AgBrother
I think the top 5 in 1/2 ppr should be CMC, Lamb, Hill, Hall and Bijan (not necessarily in that order). I picked 3rd in a 14 team league and took Hall because I knew by the time it got back to me in second round the RBs would be thin. Still ended up with decent WRs in London, Nabors and Dell to start. Just think having one of those top 3 RBs could be a difference maker given the WR depth.
AustinCountyAg
I've went RB, RB the past two years and its not paid off for me at all in a PPR league. Past two years the team thats won the league has had scrub's at RB and elite WR's....this year I drafted WR's first 2 rounds the got Josh Allen in round 3

First 2 rounds I got Ceedee and then London

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.