*****The Official Houston Texans 2024: Slowik strikes back****

108,257 Views | 1719 Replies | Last: 16 hrs ago by RVAg02
LB12Diamond
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
G.I.Bro said:

I feel like the refs of the la/detroit game are doing a much better job explaining things to coaches and the audience

Funny you say that one. Watching the game last night, I said the exact thing to my dad. Night and day the handling of a similar situation. The one last night was stated very clearly
Faustus
Should be a fun game tonight. Rooting for the 49ers simply because we want all AFC teams to lose for playoff purposes (home field, wild card, etc.).
Ryan34
AG
Crispin Torque said:

Have any Texans media personalities weighed in on the OL performance yet? I know there were some misses in pass blocking, but the run blocking seemed like a huge improvement. Kenyon Green was out there kicking some ass at the second level.

I thought our pass blocking was really good in the first half. If not for the bungled situation right before the half, we would have scored on 4 out of 5 first half possessions. I think Stroud had like 170 yards at the half.

Then in the second half, it looked like Indy decided they were going to force us to run the ball. They went to that roving DL and brought a lot of pressure. It caught us on our second drive of the second half, then we adjusted to just pounding the run, especially the toss sweep, and mixing in some screen passes.

Not including the final possession of the game, the Texans scored on 6 of their 9 possessions. Could/should have been 7. For the first game of the year and against a division opponent, we looked really good.
IrishAg
Ryan34 said:

Crispin Torque said:

Have any Texans media personalities weighed in on the OL performance yet? I know there were some misses in pass blocking, but the run blocking seemed like a huge improvement. Kenyon Green was out there kicking some ass at the second level.

I thought our pass blocking was really good in the first half. If not for the bungled situation right before the half, we would have scored on 4 out of 5 first half possessions. I think Stroud had like 170 yards at the half.

Then in the second half, it looked like Indy decided they were going to force us to run the ball. They went to that roving DL and brought a lot of pressure. It caught us on our second drive of the second half, then we adjusted to just pounding the run, especially the toss sweep, and mixing in some screen passes.

Not including the final possession of the game, the Texans scored on 6 of their 9 possessions. Could/should have been 7. For the first game of the year and against a division opponent, we looked really good.
I was just about to say the same thing, it seemed like Indy said F'it lets make them beat us by running the ball and sold out to try to stop Stroud. The nice thing was, we said sure, we'll beat you on the ground in your house.

Overall, I think we looked really good for a week 1 game against a divisional opponent that usually gives us a ton of headaches when we play in their house.
OPAG
AG
Here is the final tally on the DW trade. I think we did OK?

"only one thing is important!"
OPAG
AG
Also from the same link Seth Payne:

"only one thing is important!"
IrishAg
OPAG said:

Good lord! I'm damn excited that it looks like he's starting to put everything together!
The Porkchop Express
AG
Next time you rue a bad personnel decision, this is a fantastic breakdown of the DeShaun Watson trade, which I have now seen in 4 different places as the worst/best trade in NFL history.

Browns receive: DeShaun Watson, QB

Texans receive:

• A 2022 first-round pick (13th)
  • A 2022 fourth-round pick (104)
  • A 2023 first-round pick (12)
  • A 2023 third-round pick (73)
  • A 2024 first-round pick (23)
  • A 2024 fourth-round pick (123)

Here is what the Texans ended up doing with all that draft capital:
All of those moves resulted in the Texans having 2023 NFL Defensive Rookie of the Year Will Anderson Jr., starting wide receiver Tank Dell, starting left guard Kenyon Green, starting free safety Calen Bullock, starting cornerback Kamari Lassiter, wide receiver John Metchie III, linebacker Christian Harris, running back Dameon Pierce, linebacker Jamal Hill and tight end Cade Stover. They also have an extra 2025 second-round pick, via the Vikings, because of the compensation they received from the Browns.

Bonus stats from Sunday
Watson Advanced Passing Numbers from Week 1 vs. Cowboys
  • 0-for-10 on passes 15 or more air yards downfield
  • 0-for-4 on passes 20 or more yards downfield
  • 3-for-12 when throwing under pressure for 10 yards
  • 2-for-9 passing for 13 yards in addition to three sacks when blitzed
Max Power
AG
https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/nfl-has-no-comment-about-new-deshaun-watson-lawsuit

I would have to imagine the Browns lawyers are awaiting the facts on this one with highest possible anticipation. Their only way to move on from Watson is for him to have violated the terms of his contract. I still contend they knew and accepted his behavior by structuring his contract so he'd only lose $1MM in the first year so I hope they have to lie in the bed they made for themselves. Reap what you sew Cleveland.
Swollen Thumb
AG
Worst trade in NFL history?

I mean, even MN at least got a decent Herschel Walker for a few years while building Dallas into a Dynasty.

The Porkchop Express
AG
The real regret for Cleveland should be that Al Davis was already dead. Because if he had been alive, the Raiders definitely offer the Texans 17 first round picks for Watson and then sign him to a 19 year, $835 million contract.
Ag_07
AG
You think it's just a coincidence that this pops up right now during Week 1 in which Deshaun looked like complete dogshlt?

Tin foil hat time...I wouldn't be shocked in the least if Cleveland knew about this and after this week finally green lit this lawsuit.

This is their only exit and they're taking it.
JCA1
AG
Ag_07 said:

You think it's just a coincidence that this pops up right now during Week 1 in which Deshaun looked like complete dogshlt?

Tin foil hat time...I wouldn't be shocked in the least if Cleveland knew about this and after this week finally green lit this lawsuit.

This is their only exit and they're taking it.

Lawyers like to strike when it's most optimal. That's why it was filed now. Had nothing to do with Cleveland. Although I'm sure they would love to invalidate the deal. As I understand it, although it's a new suit, the allegations stem from events from before the trade. Curious if his contract addresses this.
BayAg_14
Definitely not a coincidence. That is a good lawyer.
maca1028
OPAG said:

****ing trucking guys! Also, Seth Payne's voice annoys the **** out of me.
LB12Diamond
AG
Feels weird not playing at noon on Sunday. But it's a good weird.
Tx_Aggie15
AG
lol at the cowgirls getting smacked around
Max Power
AG
Bryce Young's numbers at halftime: 8/10 for 22 yards and a pick.
suburban cowboy
AG
Tx_Aggie15 said:

it's glorious; their sideline reactions are hilarious

edit: giving that much money to Dak Prescott… they gonna win enough to not suck but never win anything meaningful
zooguy96
AG
Tx_Aggie15 said:

Aggies win. Texans gonna smoke the Bears. Cowgirls losing. About the best weekend ever.
Tx_Aggie15
AG
Hopefully the Titans and Colts lose as well and then it would be the perfect weekend.
suburban cowboy
AG
Max Power said:

He may end up being the biggest bust in NFL history
The Porkchop Express
AG
Max Power said:

Trevor Lawrence 5-11 for 16 yards early in the 3Q
Tx_Aggie15
AG
It's going to be glorious if we win big tonight and if all south division teams lose today.
tjack16
AG
Max Power said:

Can't believe I was bummed we were missing out on the first pick so that we could draft him
suburban cowboy
AG
What are you boys wearing tonight
E King Trill
AG
Would be a damn shame if the rest of the AFC south lost again today
E King Trill
AG
Max Power said:

Bryce Young is a fluffer
The Porkchop Express
AG
Tx_Aggie15 said:

It's going to be glorious is we win big tonight and if all south division teams lose today.
If the Colts lose to Green Bay starting Malik Willis they need to get demoted to another league like in soccer.
Furlock Bones
AG
We are Indy's Super Bowl now.
Furlock Bones
AG
The Porkchop Express said:

Max Power said:

Trevor Lawrence 5-11 for 16 yards early in the 3Q

Lovely.
annie88
AG
mAgnoliAg
AG
Titans, colts, jags all lose again
Max Power
AG
Let's take care of business tonight.
Furlock Bones
AG
Paying Trevor Lawrence $55mm per.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.