*****The Official Houston Texans 2024: Slowik strikes back****

103,311 Views | 1694 Replies | Last: 6 hrs ago by Max Power
aggiepaintrain
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
CJ Stroud is top 5
MelvinUdall
The Texans decided to stop the run and give up the backend…almost hurt them, but they pulled through…Colts decided to stop the WR's and passing game, and the Texans took advantage of it…
Buck Compton
AG
Triple S said:

LB12Diamond said:

Alrighty

Nice win!

Looking forward to whipping the Bears and their loud mouth rookie QB next week.

God, please.

BTW - It will be the same kinda game as today……
Not really if the Texans play D like the Titans did. I live in Missouri and so the Chicago game is what I watched. Chicago didn't score an offensive TD today.

Caleb Williams looked awful. Will Levis was just worse. Much worse.
annie88
AG
Triple S
S
What was up with that turf?????

Saw less slipping in 2nd half, but I'm guessing the Colts are gonna catch some business for that.
"Eat more do-nuts and less lists" - Dennis Franchonie
E King Trill
AG
Hi, Im Brett said:

E King Trill said:

Unbelievable catch

Pass wasn't too bad either
Ryan34
AG
Indy had 3 big pass plays for 60, 54, and 57 yards, plus a blocked punt. That's what kept this game from being a blowout. Texans' offense and defense looked really good for most of the game IMO.

I don't know what Anthony Richardson will become, but man he's a freak. He might be the only guy in the league who could rip those first two passing TDs and that running TD. He also missed some wide open TDs and was lucky to not have a couple more INTs. If he improves on the short and intermediate stuff, he's going to be a handful.
Max Power
AG
Houston rushed for over 200 yards today, averaged over 5 yards per carry.
safety guy
AG
Has anything been said about the end of the first half. That was a complete mess and the Texans were lucky that did not cost them the game. Even if the refs screwed up, the coaches in the box should have seen that there were only 5 seconds left and called for a spike.
fullback44
AG
So glad we don't have Deshawn Watson anymore .. dude is not close to Schroud.. he scrambles and then throws wild stupid passes
Aust Ag
AG
AlwaysNextYear89 said:

Time to root for whoever is playing the Cowgirls

Edit: Oh yeah! Let's go Myles! Get ya some Dak today

Feel bad for him, playing on a team with that crap offense.
Swollen Thumb
AG
Yeah the end of half debacle is what I kept thinking about toward the end of the game. I think they had a timeout left(not sure) but regardless it 2nd down so how do you not spike it? DeMeco owned it, but that was bad.

Texans absolutely dominated. Would have been a real nut punch not to pull out the W.
Swollen Thumb
AG
One more post to acknowledge the OL. Mixon got into the secondary untouched all day. Crooks (#20) is going to have PTSD. Dude was having to come up in run support like a middle LB all day.
JCA1
AG
Between what they gave up in trade and the contract, the Watson deal is starting to look like the worst deal in NFL history.
zooguy96
AG
Really bad QB play around the league. So glad we have Stroud.
suburban cowboy
AG
Texans are talented enough to not get beat on the deep ball. I expect they will get that sorted out.

Clean that and the pass pro up, keep the offense and CJ progressing, and sky is the limit for our Houston Texans. Have never said that before about them.
JCA1
AG
The biggest takeaway for me is we seem to have found a running game. Huge improvement from last year. If we can run the ball anything like that most weeks, we're gonna be one of the toughest outs in the league.
Texan_Aggie
AG
This will be a fun season.

I think the Texans didn't come close to playing their best game and pretty much controlled the game start to finish.

I don't expect Richardson to get better. There'll be enough tape on him to shut him down. He seems like a bigger and not as talented Lamar Jackson.
fullback44
AG
JCA1 said:

Between what they gave up in trade and the contract, the Watson deal is starting to look like the worst deal in NFL history.

We gotta thank all those massage girls …. Because it seems the Texans will have the happy ending
annie88
AG
fullback44 said:

JCA1 said:

We gotta thank all those massage girls …. Because it seems the Texans will have the happy ending
Funny.
Texan_Aggie
AG
And if you don't think the McNair's were funding Buzbee…. 4D chess
Crispin Torque
zooguy96 said:

Really bad QB play around the league. So glad we have Stroud.

I came here to post this very thing. All of the Rookies I watched today were trash. Same for year two Bryce Young.

Truly blessed to be sitting here with CJ.
JCA1
AG
Also worth noting, Texans 1-0. Rest of the division 0-3.
LB12Diamond
AG
fullback44 said:

JCA1 said:

So glad I was not drinking when I read this one.
BayAg_14
Just saw the Bears didn't have one offensive TD today. Makes me a little more confident for next week. Big prime time game.
OPAG
AG
Don't we have one more 1st rd pick coming off that? Or did we trade it.

Cleveland is not a good team.
"only one thing is important!"
IrishAg
OPAG said:

Don't we have one more 1st rd pick coming off that? Or did we trade it.

Cleveland is not a good team.

Nope, the deal has run it's course
Teddy Perkins
AG
SquirrellyDan
AG
BayAg_14 said:

Just saw the Bears didn't have one offensive TD today. Makes me a little more confident for next week. Big prime time game.

Don't think the bears are half the team the colts are. Colts are really good, pushing around their dline today and containing Taylor were great signs.
aggiedata
AG
The Porkchop Express
AG
Had to watch the whole game on DVR. What a visionary debut by Diggs and Mixon.
Ironically when the Texans signed Mixon, I texted my brother "The Texans just signed your least-favorite fantasy football player of all-time" and he immediately knew who it was.
Guy was a freight train today. It's just one game and oodles of time to go, but I don't think any Texans' offense has had this many weapons at the same time.
G.I.Bro
I feel like the refs of the la/detroit game are doing a much better job explaining things to coaches and the audience
IrishAg
G.I.Bro said:

I feel like the refs of the la/detroit game are doing a much better job explaining things to coaches and the audience
Anything would be a better job compared to the refs in our game.

In addition to the horrible way they handled the communication at the end of the half. They constantly missed spotting the ball at an alarming rate, sometimes an egregious 2 yards off. And the colts tackles were consistently bear hugging Hunter and Anderson, like full on arms wrapped around them and it was never called (including on that first huge TD pass from AR that they keep on showing everywhere). On some replays the back judge was just watching as they would wrap up Anderson.

That was one of the most consistently bad throughout the game jobs by a crew yesterday, if seen game with worse big calls, but I can't remember watching a game where I was wondering WTF they were doing throughout the entire game.
Crispin Torque
Have any Texans media personalities weighed in on the OL performance yet? I know there were some misses in pass blocking, but the run blocking seemed like a huge improvement. Kenyon Green was out there kicking some ass at the second level.
All I do is Nguyen

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.