Greg Olsen > Tom Brady as analyst

4,093 Views | 44 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by MooreTrucker
Txmoe
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
mike_ags_fan12 said:

Olsen is very good. Moose is up there as well.

For play by play Joe Davies is better than Burkhardt
+1 for mentioning Moose. He's solid but never gets talked about. I remember that they paired him with Aikman for TA's first year and Moose blew him out of the water.
Max Power
AG
Txmoe said:

mike_ags_fan12 said:

Olsen is very good. Moose is up there as well.

For play by play Joe Davies is better than Burkhardt
+1 for mentioning Moose. He's solid but never gets talked about. I remember that they paired him with Aikman for TA's first year and Moose blew him out of the water.
Sometimes I forget that he's still out there because he's rarely on games shown in my market. He does show up from time to time and he's consistently good at the job. Aikman definitely took time to get a feel for it. I do wonder if Witten not coming back was more on him or the network. Sure his first year was bad, but that doesn't mean he'll always be that way. He also might have been so uncomfortable that he has no desire to try it again.

I think that's a much harder job than the guys who sit in the studio, shoot the bull and have a good time every weekend. I get tired of their schtick from time to time as well. On Fox I'm pretty tired of Bradshaw at this point and the officiating rep Pereira probably bats about .500 on what he sees vs. what gets called on the field. On CBS I'm pretty bored with Cowher, Simms, and Esiason, I think they need a complete overhaul. I think there's a better mix of players and coaches they can come up with.
Noble07
AG
Does the quality of the color commentator affects ratings in a meaningful way?

I have my favorites and those I tolerate like anyone else, but I usually tune in based on the appeal of the game...or so I think.
Yellerjacket
Noble07 said:

Does the quality of the color commentator affects ratings in a meaningful way?

I have my favorites and those I tolerate like anyone else, but I usually tune in based on the appeal of the game...or so I think.
I certainly couldn't tell you before a game who is going to be the color commentator.
Sometimes I couldn't even tell you who it was after the game. I just watch and don't pay much attention to them.
NyAggie
AG
The current fox crew doing the Super Bowl has teo guys with the mist bland announcing voices I've heard in quite some time

They seem knowledgeable enough but their voices are so plain they sound like the c game crew

As much as I couldn't stand the Allman/buck combo they at least had "announcers" voices

Announcers need vices that stand out, like John madden, pat summerall, frank Gifford, Howard Cosell, Keith Jackson, Brent musberger and Vern lundquist

Rudyjax
AG
Burkhart is as generic as it gets.

Olsen while good is a great fit for burkhart.

They're just not an A team.
45-70Ag
AG
MooreTrucker
AG
Olsen is good, but that wishy-washy comment about the Bradberry holding call just provided fuel for that fire today. Say why it is and explain, or say why it's not and explain. Don't just "meh" and move on from something like that. Guess he didn't think it was that game-changing.
LB12Diamond
AG
First

Why does it have to be a comp

Olsen is great!

Brady might be. I'm guessing he will be OK but get tired of it.
MooreTrucker
AG
LB12Diamond said:

First

Why does it have to be a comp

Olsen is great!

Brady might be. I'm guessing he will be OK but get tired of it.
It's only a comp because Brady will be replacing Olsen on the #1 Fox team, but should he?
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.