***** Conference Championship Games Thread *****

22,605 Views | 517 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by The Porkchop Express
Head Ninja In Charge
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ossai went to my old high school. Had some little cousins that played with him. By all accounts, the nicest kid ever. Hate to see this for him.
toucan82
MookieBlaylock said:

Eagles are better at every position group than the Chiefs except for two QB and TE

This could be an interesting game if we can survive the two weeks of media hell

The Super Bowl bye week is terrible
TyHolden
AG
toucan82 said:

MookieBlaylock said:

Eagles are better at every position group than the Chiefs except for two QB and TE

This could be an interesting game if we can survive the two weeks of media hell

The Super Bowl bye week is terrible
Gives them 2 weeks to build up stories to attract common fans.....
Southlake
Can you imagine the hype if the cowboys were going after not being there in over a quarter century?
Southlake
Bengals just didn't bring their A game. Actually, only scored 20 points against a mediocre defense.

TyHolden
AG
Iowaggie
AG
htxag09 said:

And it hasn't been mentioned because of the focus on the refs, but why did the Bengals keep that punt in bounds?

Do you suggesting a 29 yard punt return had more of an impact than a late hit? Who is there to blame?
htxag09
AG
Iowaggie said:

htxag09 said:

And it hasn't been mentioned because of the focus on the refs, but why did the Bengals keep that punt in bounds?

Do you suggesting a 29 yard punt return had more of an impact than a late hit? Who is there to blame?
Yes...... Starting a drive at the 20/25 yard line with 35 sec left is significantly different than starting at the 47. I mean that return is more yardage than the Chiefs offense got the entire drive, including the penalty.

Who's to blame? No idea, but assuming the punter just did what he was told, the specialty teams coaches.

There's a reason the Chiefs punted out of bounds on the possession prior....the offenses were struggling, don't give them free yardage when the clock is the friend of the defense.
Tergdor
AG
It was a bad punt. The punter significantly outkicked his coverage and kicked right to the middle of the field.

The uncalled blocks in the back made it worse.
LincolnBorglum79
AG
Bengal fans remind me of t sips. The lost because they didn't put any pressure of limping Mahomes. KC is just a better team. The officiating wasn't unfair. The do over play was legit. A side Judge was running in to stop the play since the clock was running incorrectly after an incomplete pass. The late hit was stupid and the correct call.
htxag09
AG
LincolnBorglum79 said:

Bengal fans remind me of t sips. The lost because they didn't put any pressure of limping Mahomes. KC is just a better team. The officiating wasn't unfair. The do over play was legit. A side Judge was running in to stop the play since the clock was running incorrectly after an incomplete pass. The late hit was stupid and the correct call.

I mean cowboy fans are just as bad, if not worse. And if we're being honest so are Aggie fans. The complaining about the officials makes it hard to follow any game thread, regardless of sport.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Newsflash but all fanbases complain about officiating and calls that go against them. I mean unless their team just sucks ass and they are apathetic about the result of their games. To pretend one fanbase is magically different than others is laughable
MookieBlaylock
AG
Except here 31 fan bases were calling the bs

. . .
DannyDuberstein
AG
I don't know how they think they can repair a full UCL tear without Tommy John. Baseball players would be doing that if it was viable. I'd say don't expect to see him in 2023. Trey Lance, the job is yours again. Jimmy G, stay by the phone
CFTXAG10
AG
And people were giving him **** for not going back in the game at first
Ag_07
AG
I take that as he's seeking a 2nd opinion in hopes that someone else sees that's it's not a full tear and can be fixed via repair.

He was put in a tough spot and in the end it may not have mattered anyways but I thought Shanahan f'ed up not running the offense with McCaffery as a wildcat QB.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Maybe, but once those things are torn decently even partial thickness, it's pretty much TJ time.
DannyDuberstein
AG
The Shanahan call is a tough one because it's not like they have this whole wildcat playbook assortment at the ready. I think they probably felt the best way to get the ball in CM and Deebo's hands in the biggest variety of ways, on timing, and with blocking designed properly was to have Purdy keep running everything he could
Latrobe
AG
Head Ninja In Charge said:

Ossai went to my old high school. Had some little cousins that played with him. By all accounts, the nicest kid ever. Hate to see this for him.
My son went to that HS and played baseball. Graduated with Ossai...

Ossai would come to some of the big rivalry games and some of the playoff games and sit right in front of me, so I was able to get to know him a little and interact.

Seriously a great kid. It killed me to see him beat himself up (although I get it). Knowing he is my sons age, it really put it in perspective for me.
The Porkchop Express
Every team in the playoffs should be able to call in a legacy QB from their franchise in case they run out of QBs during a playoff game. Not sure if I would have gone with Young, Montana, or Garcia yesterday, but anything would have been better than that second half.
Goldie Wilson
The Porkchop Express said:

Every team in the playoffs should be able to call in a legacy QB from their franchise in case they run out of QBs during a playoff game. Not sure if I would have gone with Young, Montana, or Garcia yesterday, but anything would have been better than that second half.
BAH GAWD THAT'S COLIN KAEPERNICK'S MUSIC
Smeghead4761
The Porkchop Express said:

Up until 2011, they had the "emergency QB" rule. Basically a +1 to the game day roster, he could only play if QB1 and QB2 both had to leave the game, and once he came in, neither was allowed to return. The rule was changed to simply expand the roster by one player, which for most teams was almost always not a QB.

My guess is that owners got tired of paying game checks for someone who had a 99.9% chance of not playing. Also the fact that, if you get to your third QB in a single game, the game is lost anyway, unless the other team suddenly develops an insane case of butterfingers with the ball.

The crazy part is that SF started with QB3, and then had to go to QB4 ( a guy who is a prime example of just how long a back up/practice squad QB can float around the league.)
The Porkchop Express
It reminds me of one time in the 90s for the Oilers, Moon was hurt and Cody Carlson was going to play but was also banged up. When someone asked Jack Pardee what they would do if Carlson was knocked out of the game, his answer was "Put Ernest Givins at QB and run the option."

I had never wished harder for an injury in all my life, but alas it did not come to pass.
MookieBlaylock
AG
Cody Carlson now that is a name I have not heard in a long time

Churchill legend
Iowaggie
AG
. . .

The Porkchop Express
So it appears the aggravated menacing was more of a Phantom Menace?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.