Something I don't understand regarding Dak….

5,412 Views | 50 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Jeff99
PatAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
boy09 said:

Everybody is harping on the INTs this season, and i just don't think they are as big of a deal as everybody is making them out to be. Cowboys are still 2nd in the league on turnover differential at +10. They are 3rd in yards per game, and points per game. They're averaging over 32 ppg since Dak came back from injury.

BUT HE THREW INTERCEPTIONS ONE GAME!
SilverTongueDevil
Dak and Romo are having remarkably similar careers. Both came in without much expectations (Romo being UDFA and Dak 4th rounder). They both can put up huge stats and win games but can also make some bad decisions on the field at the worst times. I think that's why neither was able to win multiple playoff games to get to nfc title game. Dak still has several years to make that happen. Dak game vs SF in last year's playoff was absolutely awful. He looked like a practice squad QB in that game and that deservedly brought some serious questions. He responded well last night. Just have to see if he can get it done this weekend. I think media coverage of Romo was about the same as Dak.
Show me a good loser and I'll show you a loser. Vince Lombardi
gigem1223
So many in the media have lost their ever loving minds over Dak. Ranking the likes of Daniel Jones, Brock Purdy, Trevor Lawrence, Jalen Hurts over him as a playoff QB. Does the argument for not winning playoff games or turning the ball over only work against Dak and not for? Insanity.
94chem
Macarthur said:

The Porkchop Express said:

Ag_07 said:

From a nonCowboy fan

Dak seems overall pretty inconsistent and he hasn't done much as far as playoffs wins.

He's hyped up every year for whatever reason fair or not but he never seems to meet those expectations. Same can be said for the Cowboys in general really.

Throw in the big contract (which I don't blame the Cowboys for paying) and that's why you get the hate and criticism.

And FWIW he was great last night and seems to be getting his due accolades for that performance.

These are all excellent points. I'm not a Cowboy fan, either but there are several factors at play with the national media that are considerably slanted towards Dak.

1) He plays for Jerry Jones, who is not very well liked.

2) It's easy to beat down on the Cowboys and their fans for perpetuating the "America's Team" vibe when they haven't played or won a Super Bowl in however many years it's been now 25? 30?

3) He's Black, and without trying to start a holy war, there seems to be lingering media bias towards the Black starting quarterback. White QBs seem to have this incredibly long leash of "he's such a tough competitor, seasoned professional" BS that Black quarterbacks don't seem to get for some reason.

Dak was phenomenal last night, and I really look forward to seeing their game vs. Frisco. He's overcome so much personal tragedy as well, it's really odd that the media has decided he's not worthy of their praise. Fortunately, winning always shuts idiots up, even the ones who get paid to be idiots.

1 - Fair point about Jerry.

2 - The vast majority of Cowboys fans I know, really couldn't care less about the "America's Team" thing. Many use it as a joke or just to get a rise out of someone they know it will fire up.

3 - Yeah, I see this too, but it is odd that Dak doesn't get the benefit of the doubt that guys like Lamar and now Hurts gets. I mean I saw legitimate folks on twitter saying what Dak needs to do to 'get to the level' of Hurts. Seriously, how nuts is that?

Seriously? Hurts is just Alex Smith who breaks more tackles.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
BMX Bandit
Quote:

3) He's Black, and without trying to start a holy war, there seems to be lingering media bias towards the Black starting quarterback. White QBs seem to have this incredibly long leash of "he's such a tough competitor, seasoned professional" BS that Black quarterbacks don't seem to get for some reason.
even by the incredibly low standards this poster has set for himself, this is a monumentally horrendous take.
Macarthur
Yep. I think it might have been Shady McCoy that said it. I'll try to find it. That show makes my eyes and ears bleed.
SilverTongueDevil
BMX Bandit said:

Quote:

even by the incredibly low standards this poster has set for himself, this is a monumentally horrendous take.

The media has gone to great lengths over the past several years to promote black QB's. A few years back the media was saying the Cowboys needed to sign Dak to the big contract and wondered why it took so long.
Show me a good loser and I'll show you a loser. Vince Lombardi
Antman92
AG
Dak just doesn't have IT. Cowboys need a QB who doesn't fold under pressure.
Antman92
W
AG
Dak is Dak

consistently inconsistent
Rule#2
AG
Thread aged well
Bobaloo
Boys need more playmakers on offense. Dak needs to take care of the ball. He did not play well last night when his team needed him the most. Do the Boys win with Aikman or Roger? I think yes. With Jalen Hurts or Mahomes or Burrow or Josh Allen? Yes. Those guys are in the league and must be dealt with.
Macarthur
Let's tap the brakes on Hurts. He doesn't belong in that conversation yet. And you know, Josh Allen has had a ton of turnovers this year and appears to have regressed some.

No one is Mahomes, BTW.
Scotty Appleton
Macarthur said:

Let's tap the brakes on Hurts. He doesn't belong in that conversation yet. And you know, Josh Allen has had a ton of turnovers this year and appears to have regressed some.

No one is Mahomes, BTW.

Mahomes has had about as cushy a start to their career as it gets. He walked in to a roster with a top 5 OL, a TE who was already an All-Pro and a Pro Bowler in Hill. Plus a top level HC. Then, you throw in the other historical divisional power has been down. Yes, he has been great, but he has had an extremely charmed situation.
W
AG
Mahomes definitely stepped into a charmed situation...especially with Kelce.

and the "charmed" stuff continued this season with the Bills-Bengals cancellation
LB12Diamond
AG
W said:

Mahomes definitely stepped into a charmed situation...especially with Kelce.

and the "charmed" stuff continued this season with the Bills-Bengals cancellation

Who knows if the cancellation changed anything at all. If the Bengals had won that game; the chiefs would have still been the one seed. The cancellation only hurt the Bengals bc it made them play at the Bills this past weekend. But they won anyways.
Jeff99
As someone who loves Dak as a person and as a player, my faith has been somewhat shaken this season. I think generally he is a well above average quarterback. Unfortunately, he has occasional games where his floor is painfully low - Tampa Bay (1st of season), Washington, and San Francisco stand out.

These are games where his completion percentage either fails to, or barely, exceeds 50% with multiple turnovers and a low yards/attempt. I would have expected as a veteran QB with a very consistent offensive game plan that games like this would happen once a season, at most. These are games where he is clearly ineffective.

I don't really mind the interception numbers if the trade-off is the ball being pushed down the field effectively. If youre throwing the ball down the field, interceptions are simply the cost of doing business. What I mind is three games in an inury-shortened season where he appears incapable of moving the ball.

I was hoping a new voice at OC would do Dak good, but I don't believe Schottenheimer is that guy.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.