Mr. Irrelevant of the 2022 draft

5,489 Views | 42 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Rudyjax
AgsMyDude
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
MookieBlaylock said:

He will be Purdy back up
He is untradable with #3 pick money and he sucks
He is inaccurate inexperienced and isn't an elite athlete

Purdy's backup
MookieBlaylock
AG
Man you have him behind Purdy and Purdy's
Rudyjax
AG
chris1515 said:

Look up the Parcells rule for drafting QBs..,Purdy met those requirements. He should not have been so overlooked in the draft.

He must be a senior, because you need time and maturity to develop into a good professional quarterback.
He must be a graduate, because you want someone who takes his responsibilities seriously.
He must be a three-year starter, because you need to make sure his success wasn't ephemeral and that he has lived as "the guy" for some period of time.
He must have at least 23 wins, because the big passing numbers must come in the context of winning games.
MookieBlaylock
AG
Parcels wasn't exactly known for having great QBs
AgsMyDude
AG
MookieBlaylock said:

Man you have him behind Purdy and Purdy's

No.

Purdy Backup isn't a person

Purdy's backup will be Lance.
Smeghead4761
MookieBlaylock said:

Parcels wasn't exactly known for having great QBs

For as much as those 'rules' are referenced, I can't really think of any star QBs that were drafted by a team run by Parcells.

Simms was already with the NYG when Parcells got there, as was Bledsoe in New England. Those are the best QBs I can think of that played for Parcells. Hofstetler, maybe?

In any case, senior, 3 year starters who graduated are pretty rare nowadays, especially in the first or second rounds.

Personally, I think a big reason that a lot of college stars don't pan out has a lot to do with being drafted by bad teams (which is why they've got high draft picks), with coaching staffs that are brand new, bad, or both, and playing behind bad O-lines.

If Purdy does pan out in the long term, he would be the first 'star' QB SF has drafted since Joe Montana (3rd round), back in the late 70s. (Steve Young was acquired via trade.)
Smeghead4761
Diagnosis is a torn UCL. If it can be repaired, he's out 6 months and hopefully back for training camp.

If it requires reconstruction (i.e., Tommy John), much longer, and Trey Lance starts the year as QB1 again.

Sorry, but I'm not buying into any of that Tom Brady stuff.
Rudyjax
AG
What a horrible ending to a Cinderella story.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.