2022 Week 3 Sit/Start/Waivers

4,795 Views | 150 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by mAgnoliAg
txagman1998
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Week 3 on deck. 1-1 in my 8 team league and 0-2 in my 12 team league, so changes are definitely necessary.

QB - Ready to move on from Brady. Options: Tua, Flacco, Goff, Lawrence.

TE - Schultz may not be available and Cowboys play on Monday night. Options: Freirmuth (available in small leagues), Higbee, Everett, Irv Smith, Engram.

WR - Don't need one, but might add some depth. Options: All the Jets (Wilson/Davis/Moore), Jakobi Meyers.

RB - Probably not much available. Options: Jeff Wilson Jr, Darrel Williams.

D/ST - For the D/ST streamers. Options: KC, Philly, Denver.
EliteZags
AG
txagman1998 said:

QB - Ready to move on from Brady. Options: Tua, Flacco, Goff, Lawrence.

LOLOLOLOL
txagman1998
AG
Have you seen how much those two teams throw the ball? Obviously Tua is the top target. But it's likely going to be a sweepstakes for Tua in every league where he is available and I expect teams will put in claims just to play keep away. If Tua is unavailable, Flacco, Goff, and Lawrence are decent weekly streaming options (dependent on schedule), especially in 12+ team leagues.
oh no
AG
If Tua is available, yes, put a waiver claim in and try to get him. IMO, there's a good chance he's a top 5 QB for ROS.

If Freirmuth is available in your 8 team league, yes, absolutely get him.

I loved to see Garrett Wilson's target volume in week 2.. not sure about your 8 team league, but if he's there in 10 or 12 teams, he'll be snatched up by the time waivers are processed tomorrow morning.

oh no
AG
I like KC defense this week and Dallas defense the next three weeks if they are available.

I'm about to drop my defense in both leagues - IND and MIA. ...looking at those two ^^
oh no
AG
my 1st and 2nd round picks are both off to really disappointing starts: Dalvin Cook and Najee Harris. Should I be thinking about starting Jeff Wilson Jr over Najee in week 3?
txagman1998
AG
Quote:

If Tua is available, yes, put a waiver claim in and try to get him. IMO, there's a good chance he's a top 5 QB for ROS.

I agree that Tua has solid ROS upside, given their soft schedule (excluding the Bills next week) and the passing game infrastructure that looks like it's starting to click. He should be the #1 QB priority if available.

That being said, for those that get Tua, please be aware that Sunday's 469 yard, 6 TD performance is unlikely to repeat itself. Remember Miami was down 35-14 after 3 quarters and was being run over by Lamar Jackson until that epic Baltimore 4th quarter collapse.
Zachary Klement
AG
I have two open roster spots right now...three after I cut the Colts D/ST. Right now my team is:
QB: Kirk Cousins
RB: Swift, Saquon, Chubb, Hunt
WR: Justin Jefferson, Christian Kirk, Juju, Brandon Aiyuk, Elijah Moore, Christian Watson
TE: Pat Freiermuth
D/ST: Colts
K: Ryan Succop
IR: Mike Evans, Gus Edwards, Kyren Williams

Who would y'all prioritize on waivers and how much FAAB would you throw at them?
QB:
-Tua
-Matt Stafford
-Carson Wentz
-Trevor Lawrence
-Jameis Winston

TE:
-Zach Ertz

WR:
-Jakobi Meyers
-Tyler Lockett
-Sterling Shephard
-George Pickens

RB:
-Tyler Allgeier

D/ST:
-Cowboys
-Eagles
-Chiefs
oh no
AG
He may not have anymore 6TD performances, but he looks like he's going to have a lot of better performances than Trey Lance or Dak Prescott or Russell Wilson for ROS
BowSowy
AG
oh no said:

I like KC defense this week and Dallas defense the next three weeks if they are available.

I'm about to drop my defense in both leagues - IND and MIA. ...looking at those two ^^
I'm holding onto MIA and picking up a second defense this week. After next week, MIA has a pretty nice schedule for D/ST:

Week 5: @NYJ (could be Zach Wilson starting by then)
Week 6: vMIN
Week 7: vPIT
Week 8: @DET
Week 9: @CHI
Week 10: vCLE
Week 11: Bye
Week 12: vHOU
Week 13: @SF

Weeks 14, 15, 16 are rough, so I'll likely pick up another defense by then for the playoffs.
oh no
AG
i wouldn't mind holding MIA if I could.. but I don't think I can drop anyone.

Assuming my waiver claim for Tua fails due to lower priority, I might be dropping Russell Wilson for one of two dudes I have never liked, yet have gotten off to pretty good starts so far: Wentz or Goff... Wentz has thrown the ball a lot in two weeks so far. I don't like Goff but would have the Goff-St. Brown stack. Which one? or be patient with Russ?
W
AG
the issue with Goff and Wentz...

they aren't going to be on the waiver wire much longer.

anyone that drafted Brady, Wilson, Dak, or Trey Lance is getting very antsy at the QB position --- they will scoop them up
W
AG
this feels like a good week to dust off Damien Harris and R. Stevenson.

the Patriots are finally playing a home game
oh no
AG
Well imma put a waiver claim for Tua, which will probably not be successful, and a backup claim for ______ ? Wentz?
AtlAg05
AG
Harris limped off after the game so keep an ear to the ground on him
W
AG
slight edge to Goff --- better supporting cast with Swift and St. Brown
oh no
AG
Have to take Butker out of IR spot to place a waiver claim. Drop Butker or Koo? Not sure if Butker is for sure back this week yet.
EliteZags
AG
Drop Henderson
txagman1998
AG

Butker gives you safer floor than Koo (though Koo offers higher ceiling). That being said, if you keep Butker, you may have to make a late add if he can't go this week.
oh no
AG
Time to start Drake London?

Other PPR flex options:
DJ Moore
JuJu
Rashod Bateman
Jeff Wilson Jr
Alan Lazard
Damien Harris

(Starting WRs: ARSB and Deebo)
txagman1998
AG
Drake London or Bateman.
Zachary Klement
AG
I threw 21 FAAB dollars at Zach Ertz and got outbid.

Thought I could get away with not bidding on Tua and adding him as a free agent. For some reason the Jalen Hurts owner added him…?
oh no
AG
I dropped Rus Wilson for Tua. Didn't think it would be successful, but it was... excited because Tua should be much better for ROS - only a 2 week sample size, but DEN offense looks pretty anemic and MIA's WR weapons my goodness, but now I have to start Tua vs BUF this week. lol.
Zachary Klement
AG
oh no said:

I dropped Rus Wilson for Tua. Didn't think it would be successful, but it was... excited because Tua should be much better for ROS - only a 2 week sample size, but DEN offense looks pretty anemic and MIA's WR weapons my goodness, but now I have to start Tua vs BUF this week. lol.
Bold. I like it.
texagbeliever
oh no said:

Tua >> Wilson. But I would love to be able to add Russ as my backup QB. Once that offense clicks wither their weapons they will put up points.
oh no
AG
Now I'm trying to package Tua + a WR for Josh Allen.
Coachbro20
Cant believe it, but I got Tua T. off of waivers, and I had waiver priority 8 on a 10 team money league. Now I have Kyler Murray and Tua T. as my quarterbacks.
W
AG
Wilson hit the waiver wire last night in 2 of my leagues.

so did JuJu
Zachary Klement
AG
W said:

Wilson hit the waiver wire last night in 2 of my leagues.

so did JuJu
I'd grab them both

ETA: Depending on who you'd have to cut and who your QB is, of course
BowSowy
AG
Need one RB/WR Flex and one OP:

Miles Sanders (@WSH)
DK Metcalf (vATL)
JK Dobbins (@NE)
Garrett Wilson (vCIN)
James Robinson (@LAC)
Matt Ryan (vKC)

Leaning towards Sanders and Ryan, but curious to hear others' thoughts.
oh no
AG
if PPR, I'd probably go Garrett Wilson + Ryan
if Standard scoring, I think it's a toss up between Sanders, Robinson, Wilson... + Ryan
BowSowy
AG
Sorry, should've specified 0.5PPR
AggieNiebs
AG
Need one for flex, 1pt ppr:
JuJu
Metcalf
Damian Harris

QB:
Stafford or Carr

Tia
W
AG
Stafford over Carr.

Carr has already had two good matchups and not taken advantage.

if it were non-PPR or .5 PPR, I would say Harris.

but in 1 PPR, I'd give D.K. one more shot at home vs. the Falcons
Dr. Gonzo
Need help with RB2 slot in PPR league:

James Robinson @LAC
Ezekiel Elliot @NYG
Michael Carter vs CIN

Tia

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.