2022 FF Drafts & Mock Drafts: Strategy/Analysis/Results

3,891 Views | 75 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by AgBrother
txagman1998
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Quote:

PPR: Ja'Marr Chase, D'Andre Swift, Najee Harris, or Travis Kelce as 1st round #8?

I lean towards Chase, as he would be least likely to still be on the board when it gets back to you on the turn. Even in a 12 team league, I would expect either Kelce/Andrews or Swift/Najee/Fournette/Kamara/Aaron Jones to still be on the board when it gets back to you at #17. No way Chase is still on the board at #17.

On that note, if you are hell bent on a premium TE, you might go TE/RB. If you go RB/TE, there is a slim chance that both Kelce and Andrews are gone, which means you either go with Kyle Pitts at #17 or you wait until later in the draft.

In both my drafts, I drafted at the turn (7th in an 8 teamer, 2nd in a 12 teamer) and ended up waiting until the middle rounds to nab my TE (in both cases it was Schultz).
oh no
AG
Chase was not there at 8. Surprisingly Dalvin was still there so I took him. Kelce was gone by the time 13 came around so I told myself I'd get Pitts in round 4. Dude right before me got him so I said eff it with TEs. Took Kmet in round 12 and Freiermuth in round 13.
oh no
AG
Draft result. Don't like that I felt compelled to go RB in 1st and 2nd in a PPR league. Hated missing on Pitts. Took 7 WRs though.

txagman1998
AG
You do have great WR depth so there could be trade options if you decide to do motive your TE situation and/or RB depth. I think you let the draft play out correctly. I also would have taken Cook over Kelse. Though Najee is a solid value at 13, was Andrews a consideration?
oh no
AG
when Najee was still sitting there at 13, and Kelce was gone of course, I had no intentions of Andrews at 13. I was dead-set on getting Pitts at 33 and unfortunately he got taken at 32. Maybe I should have taken Pitts at 28, but then I'd have 0 WRs in first three rounds in a PPR league.. didn't feel right. Deebo better come through for me this year though lol.
AgBrother
10 Team - 1/2 PPR - Drafted 9th -

QB - Prescott, Rodgers
RB - Barkley, Pierce, Edmonds, Sanders, Stevenson
WR - Hill, Brown, St. Brown, Smith-Schuster, Dotson, Gallup
TE - Kelce
DST - Ravens
K - Succop

Had 9 guys on my list for the first round - Kelce was the last one left - feel good about him and the WR depth - will need Barkley to stay healthy and one of those other RBs to step up. I was one of the last guys who took a QB.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.