Russell Wilson traded to Denver

4,067 Views | 53 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by ApachePilot
ApachePilot
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
. . . said:

Cut and trade folks before they leave their prime. Get young and fast and cheap. Bobby was a badass but it's all about $$. That's my only issue with the cap. Hard to have a team dynasty now. Hard to have players stay their whole career. Other than the patriots with the GOAT it just doesn't exist anymore. The 70s and 90s cowboys, the 80s miners, etc it just can't happen now.
misterguinness
AG
aggielax48 said:

Am I the only one that thinks the Broncos got fleeced here? Gave up a lot for a 33 year old QB with only two years left under contract.

Did you say this about the Stafford deal? The deals are very similar.
2+2=5
misterguinness
AG
ApachePilot said:

. . . said:

Cut and trade folks before they leave their prime. Get young and fast and cheap. Bobby was a badass but it's all about $$. That's my only issue with the cap. Hard to have a team dynasty now. Hard to have players stay their whole career. Other than the patriots with the GOAT it just doesn't exist anymore. The 70s and 90s cowboys, the 80s miners, etc it just can't happen now.

Is Duane Brown next?
2+2=5
The Porkchop Express
misterguinness said:

aggielax48 said:

Am I the only one that thinks the Broncos got fleeced here? Gave up a lot for a 33 year old QB with only two years left under contract.

The deals might be, but not the teams involved. The Rams have been a contender since 2017 - four out of five years in the playoffs and lost the Super Bowl in 2018. With Stafford added, they were the 2nd or 3rd favorite in the NFC coming into 2021.

The Broncos haven't made the playoffs since Peyton Manning retired after winning the Super Bowl after the 2015 season. They've have ONE winning season since then (2016). and have lost 10+ games four times in the past five years.

Even with a healthy RW, the Broncos are no guarantee to make the playoffs in the next 2 years, let alone win a title before his contract is up.

ApachePilot
AG
helloimustbegoing said:

misterguinness said:

aggielax48 said:

The deals might be, but not the teams involved. The Rams have been a contender since 2017 - four out of five years in the playoffs and lost the Super Bowl in 2018. With Stafford added, they were the 2nd or 3rd favorite in the NFC coming into 2021.

The Broncos haven't made the playoffs since Peyton Manning retired after winning the Super Bowl after the 2015 season. They've have ONE winning season since then (2016). and have lost 10+ games four times in the past five years.

Even with a healthy RW, the Broncos are no guarantee to make the playoffs in the next 2 years, let alone win a title before his contract is up.

And from the Hawk point of view wilson would be out in two years and they had no chance of winning much, certainly no super bowl with him. Everything on the team seemed out of sync. Holding onto the past a little too long is dangerous in the nfl. Better to trade aging vets and rebuild. I hate to see wilson go as he was fun to watch and damn did I love the 2012-2014 ride. Those teams were fun. I'm glad the hawks got some young players but even better was the picks. This was about a perfect move by Seattle. Now trade Lockett and DK and go for the number 1 pick
MookieBlaylock
AG
Are you suggesting they lose on purpose?

Better take away the owners feanchise

Cant interfere with gambling
misterguinness
AG
helloimustbegoing said:

misterguinness said:

aggielax48 said:

You are shifting your argument here. Your argument was that they got fleeced because he is a 33 year-old QB with only two years left on his contract. Stafford was a 32 year-old QB with 2 years left on his contract when the Rams traded for him. He had zero playoff wins before last year. The Broncos payed the going rate for a top-10 QB, based on what has come out about the Commanders offer. The defense was outstanding last year. They have a lot of playmakers. QB play was awful and everyone knew that QB was the missing piece. That is the reason they haven't made the playoffs. Explain what other options they had to improve the QB position? Is it a risk, yes? However, you have no justification to say they got fleeced. As of now, the only piece of real value that the Broncos gave up is their #1 pick from this year and maybe their #2s.
2+2=5
ApachePilot
AG
MookieBlaylock said:

Are you suggesting they lose on purpose?

Better take away the owners feanchise

Cant interfere with gambling

They don't need to try and lose at this point lol.
ApachePilot
AG
misterguinness said:

helloimustbegoing said:

misterguinness said:

aggielax48 said:

You are shifting your argument here. Your argument was that they got fleeced because he is a 33 year-old QB with only two years left on his contract. Stafford was a 32 year-old QB with 2 years left on his contract when the Rams traded for him. He had zero playoff wins before last year. The Broncos payed the going rate for a top-10 QB, based on what has come out about the Commanders offer. The defense was outstanding last year. They have a lot of playmakers. QB play was awful and everyone knew that QB was the missing piece. That is the reason they haven't made the playoffs. Explain what other options they had to improve the QB position? Is it a risk, yes? However, you have no justification to say they got fleeced. As of now, the only piece of real value that the Broncos gave up is their #1 pick from this year and maybe their #2s.

Maybe I wasn't clear. I think it's a win for both sides. In the short term the broncos could win big. Long term it could, big if here, win. The hawks recent draft choices suck. I'm nervous. But it had to happen. I think anyone claiming either side was 'fleeced' isn't looking at it from both points of view. If the broncos win the super bowl it'll be worth it to them.
boy09
AG
helloimustbegoing said:

The Broncos have a lot of pieces in place to be a very good football team. The defense was great last season, and they have a ton of weapons on the offensive side of the ball. Since Peyton left, they've been winning 6 or 7 games per season with scrubs at QB. Now they've filled that void. They could be a very dangerous team next year. They had to give up a lot, but they are going all in to win now.

Great for the Seahawks too. They had no shot of winning anything in the next 2 years so get what you can for Wilson.
The Porkchop Express
misterguinness said:

helloimustbegoing said:

misterguinness said:

aggielax48 said:

My argument is that Russell Wilson isn't going to win a Super Bowl in Denver because he's not good enough and they're not good enough. So they just gave up talent and a **** ton of draft picks to maybe win 1-2 playoff games in the next 2 years. If they can resign him after that, maybe it turns out to be a good trade, but there's no way in hell Denver is in the Super Bowl after the '22 or '23 seasons.
boy09
AG
helloimustbegoing said:

he's not good enough and they're not good enough.
I think they could be.
The Porkchop Express
boy09 said:

helloimustbegoing said:

I think they could be.
Your opinion is 100% as valid as mine. Just a discussion.
MookieBlaylock
AG
boy09 said:

helloimustbegoing said:

I think they could be.

They havent even practiced yet but hey they arent good enough
Not a person on the planet had Rams Vs Bengals in the SB last year
Thanks for the hot take keyshawn
taylorswift13
AG
Poor Noah Fant...

Goes from Drew Lock at QB tooooooo Drew Lock at QB
LincolnBorglum79
AG
I think Seattle is going after Watson now or soon. They can trade the Denver picks plus a 1 and 2 of their own to
Get Watson. They will keep the 3 players and Watson is a perfect fit there. 2 great WRs and they would have picks to
Keep improving the team.
ApachePilot
AG
Started looking at the trade a little more today.

Noah Fant was pick 20. 1st round draft pick.
Drew Lock was pick 42. 2nd round draft pick.

Add that to the two 1st rounders and two 2nd rounders. Nice move by the hawks. I wasn't aware of the high draft selection of these two.
MookieBlaylock
AG
ApachePilot said:

Add that to the two 1st rounders and two 2nd rounders. Nice move by the hawks. I wasn't aware of the high draft selection of these two.

- if they get Bake for a 6th remember he was the #1 overall pick - that is a great trade value
ApachePilot
AG
MookieBlaylock said:

ApachePilot said:

- if they get Bake for a 6th remember he was the #1 overall pick - that is a great trade value

Not all 1st are equal
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.