Brian Flores suing the NFL and NY Giants

12,427 Views | 147 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by jr15aggie
lunchbox
How long do you want to ignore this user?

Quote:

"Sorry I ****ed this up. I double checked and misread the text. I think they are naming Brian Daboll. I'm sorry about that. BB."

Bill Belichick informing Plaintiff Brian Flores, three days before his interview with the New York Giants that Brian Daboll had already been selected for the job.

Page 7 of the complaint has the screenshots of the text messages between Belichick and Flores.
rbcs_2
AG
I hope they have some more evidence than that. Guess Flores won't be getting an HC job any time soon.
lunchbox
rbcs_2 said:

I hope they have some more evidence than that. Guess Flores won't be getting an HC job any time soon.
Agreed - to me this sounds like Flores being pissed about not getting the Denver job (when Fangio was hired) and then the Giants job.

He must not want to work at any of the other openings to be putting this out there...
Max Power
AG
Pretty odd timing for legal action. He's interviewed twice with Houston and has a meeting with New Orleans this week.
jr15aggie
AG
Unless I'm misunderstanding the situation... the NFL creates a rule which forces teams to interview coaches of color. The Giants find their new coach, but still have to interview a coach of color per the rule.

All is well until Flores finds out he's the token interview and is suing the NFL & Giants for racism!? The rule/regulation that was put into place to give black coaches more opportunities is now giving rise to new discriminatory lawsuits. Lol, what a world we live in.
E
AG
Wouldn't be surprised to see him end up here in Houston. The Texans seem to not be bothered by their employees and their legal issues.
AgEng06
AG
Say whatever you want about the validity of this lawsuit, the text exchange is pretty funny. Nice going, Bill.

rbcs_2
AG
AgEng06 said:

Say whatever you want about the validity of this lawsuit, the text exchange is pretty funny. Nice going, Bill.

I have a hard time believing Bill Belichick would spend the effort to type in Giants?!?!?! in a text message.
tylercsbn9
AG
This is exactly what happens when you force teams to check a box in the hiring process. I'd bet every team has done this since the Rooney rule has been in place.
boy09
AG
lunchbox said:

Agreed - to me this sounds like Flores being pissed about not getting the Denver job (when Fangio was hired) and then the Giants job.
Both are referenced in the Complaint, so yeah, probably...
boy09
AG
tylercsbn9 said:

This is exactly what happens when you force teams to check a box in the hiring process. I'd bet every team has done this since the Rooney rule has been in place.
That's part of the problem.
rbcs_2
AG
I've never seen a lawsuit that reads anything like this one. Not that I'm a lawyer, but it doesn't really even seem real. The language used is odd.
Sea Speed
AG
boy09 said:

tylercsbn9 said:

That's part of the problem.

Any sane person knew this would be the inevitable outcome of that rule.
Vince Blake
"Coach Belichick do you have any New Year's Resolutions?"

"Grumble grumble. Have my grandkids show me how to work this Motorolas flip phone. Grumble grumble."
Petrino1
AgEng06 said:

Lol that is hilarious.
PatriotAg02
AG
The rule is racist, and thus, begets racism.

We've come full-circle.
rangerdanger
AG
E said:

Wouldn't be surprised to see him end up here in Houston. The Texans seem to not be bothered by their employees and their legal issues.

He can finally live out his given destiny in Miami and coach, THE Deshaun Watson.
tylercsbn9
AG
That's what happens when you have something like the Rooney rule.

Also we have a sitting president that has openly inferred he's only going to consider an AA woman for a soon to be open job and the media isn't in a tizzy about that. All the talking heads can spare me their BS.

The biggest bombshell in this should be the alleged pay to tank by the dolphins and the Brady thing in 19. Dolphins owner is ****ed if true
redag06
END THE ROONEY RULE
Unemployed
AG
AgEng06 said:

What if Belichick knew exactly who he was texting and was trying to give a big F.U. to the NFL?
Bunk Moreland
He knew who he was texting. He misread a text from someone with nyg and thought they meant Flores, no Daboll
amercer
AG
NFL teams suck at picking coaches
texagbeliever
amercer said:

NFL teams suck at picking coaches

Every year more than half the teams come in below average.
AustinCountyAg
So the black guy is mad he didn't get the job so he's suing or he's mad he got interviewed only because he's black? Either way Flores is an idiot and the Rooney rule in general is racist. Lol.

Edit to add… this might be considered racist to some people but this is pretty good evidence for a lot of rich owners why not to hire a black coach. They seem entitled simply because they are black.
TyHolden
AG
just fire Goodell and be done with it. come on Jerry! round the troops up.
Ag-Yoakum95
AG
AustinCountyAg said:

So the black guy is mad he didn't get the job so he's suing or he's mad he got interviewed only because he's black? Either way Flores is an idiot and the Rooney rule in general is racist. Lol.

Edit to add… this might be considered racist to some people but this is pretty good evidence for a lot of rich owners why not to hire a black coach. They seem entitled simply because they are black.

No joke. Why don't we see any Hispanic or Asian coaches getting pissed off for not even getting an interview? I know there are probably less of those races in the NFL but there have to be some that would be qualified to at least get an interview.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Wouldn't touch this jackass with a 10 foot pole. And the Rooney Rule isn't the law, moron. No law against them hiring a more qualified candidate and still giving you a token interview.
emoney
AG
Sounds like naming the finalists for the Texans are just a formality and Josh McCown is going to get the job in Houston, which makes less sense to me than the fact the Giants couldn't have their token interview with Flores a long time ago. Both had plenty of time to have an interview done by now.
medwriter
Sad to hear this. The firing surprised me because he really did make things better the second half of the season. the problem is he also lost seven games in a row. The Dolphin's problem, and it has been for over twenty years is they have no offensive line and the QBs have been mediocre. I don't thing Tua is first string material. So people creep up to the line knowing they also can't run the ball and Tua is left scrambling for hislife. And their defense is legendary, but in the most horrific way. The whole organization is cursed if you ask me because they had the best QB in football for a long, long time, but at that time they had no running game. Their pass protection was superb but if you couldn't run the ball or play defense you're a one-dimensional team. I'm sixty years old and I honestly don't believe they'll shore things up before I pass away, and I'm serious. Too many holes to plug in this ship. I'll continue to root though, I am loyal to my team.
boy09
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

And the Rooney Rule isn't the law, moron. No law against them hiring a more qualified candidate and still giving you a token interview.
It's a civil suit, smart guy.
W
AG
and all of this is where today's political climate comes into play.

an owner does not want (or is terrified) to hire a coach that is going to use his "platform" to spout politics.

and unfortunately minority coaches bring the threat of that...especially ones with a chip on their shoulder
DannyDuberstein
AG
boy09 said:

DannyDuberstein said:

And the Rooney Rule isn't the law, moron. No law against them hiring a more qualified candidate and still giving you a token interview.
It's a civil suit, smart guy.

One with zero merit, smart guy
boy09
AG
That's for the court to determine. Obviously he thinks he's got a case considering he pretty much just torpedoed his chances of ever being hired as a HC ever again.
Bunk Moreland
What's the case?

The Giants interviewed Leslie Fraizer also in-person. So it's hard for him to even argue he was a token interview when they had in-person's with 2 different black head coaches prior to hiring Daboll.
Mike Elko
AG
On ESPN now with his lawyers. It's a money grab. His coaching career's over.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.