Tom Brady retiring

8,968 Views | 91 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by KRH1225
DannyDuberstein
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
jokershady said:

didnt his wife leave him because he decided to come back one more year after retiring in 2022? was it worth that one more year?

It seemed to be the straw, but I'm sure it was a ton more than that. I have a feeling part of the reason he went back is that things at home weren't very good already
IrishAg
DannyDuberstein said:

jokershady said:

didnt his wife leave him because he decided to come back one more year after retiring in 2022? was it worth that one more year?

It seemed to be the straw, but I'm sure it was a ton more than that. I have a feeling part of the reason he went back is that things at home weren't very good already
Probably, I imagine someone who is as crazy competitive as Brady might have issues with being married to, and being around all the time, someone who is as, if not more, successful and probably just as competitive as he is. Like a lot of people in the pandemic have learned, being attracted to someone isn't the same thing as loving someone when it comes to getting married, and when you're forced to be together all the time it becomes very apparent (had a couple of friends whose marriages ended coming out of the pandemic).

MookieBlaylock
AG
So he gonna retire Feb 1st of every year?
ApachePilot
AG
MookieBlaylock said:

So he gonna retire Feb 1st of every year?
ApachePilot
AG
I thought with the purdy injury that he might end up in SF for a season.
Harry Dunne
IrishAg
ApachePilot said:

I thought with the purdy injury that he might end up in SF for a season.

He still might, who knows
Iraq2xVeteran
AG
Tom Brady came out of retirement and went through a divorce. He led the Tampa Bay Buccaneers to a second straight NFC South division title only to get stomped by the Dallas Cowboys 31-14 in a home playoff game. I think Tom Brady will stay retired this time, but I won't be surprised if he comes out of retirement again.
The Porkchop Express
Iraq2xVeteran said:

Tom Brady came out of retirement and went through a divorce. He led the Tampa Bay Buccaneers to a second straight NFC South division title only to get stomped by the Dallas Cowboys 31-14 in a home playoff game. I think Tom Brady will stay retired this time, but I won't be surprised if he comes out of retirement again.
Really going out on a limb there.
Iowaggie
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

jokershady said:

I think that is a factor, but I also think it's just really hard to retire for some people.

I think with athletes it is even tougher because not only are they giving up something they may really love to do, but because sports have seasons, every year they end a season, and ask themself if it is time to give it up.
So at the end of the season, usually after a loss, they are asked if they'll be coming back, and I think when you ask a player at a low point if they are ready for it to be over, they say yes too quickly. Especially for those that are in their 30s and they look around and question what they are going to do for the rest of their life. And then throw in a personal factor like a marriage on the rocks, and it may make it an easier decision.

I have no issue for a pro athlete wanting to stick around and play, even if it hurts their career average or reputation. Why give up something you love doing, if you can physically still do it, just because other people think you should?
TyHolden
AG
Cowboys will forever have scoreboard on Brady
batchuser
I think this is a ruse to sell more tickets to 80 for Brady
The Porkchop Express
TyHolden said:

TyHolden
AG
The Porkchop Express said:

TyHolden said:

I read that on twitter and thought it was clever
txagman1998
AG
Quote:

I think this is a ruse to sell more tickets to 80 for Brady

Iowaggie
AG
His career regular season and playoff records against all teams.

The Porkchop Express
I want to see the live footage from his retirement party when TB12 realizes that Danny Amendola, Wes Welker, and Julian Edelman were not the same person all of those years.
Iowaggie
AG

Although, of course, folks on twitter corrected it:

GrandStand93
I don't feel like this clarification takes a lot away from the wow factor of the original claim.
KRH1225
No debate. Rodgers is the GOAT. Brady is a cheater
MookieBlaylock
AG
KRH1225 said:

No debate. Rodgers is the GOAT. Brady is a cheater

Now this is funny
KRH1225
It shouldn't be

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.