Tom Brady retiring

8,981 Views | 91 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by KRH1225
redag06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AgEng06 said:

Dang, so he's giving up $15MM in signing bonus, correct?

You realize how much money he's made in endorsements over the years ? He's never been the highest paid qb, which is smart on his part, allowing a team to be built around him. These guys with super contracts will see a team can't be built around them with their contracts.

Oh and his wife has made a ton of money as well.
AgEng06
AG
Yes, of course I do. Still, it's $15MM and all he had to do was wait until Friday.
CFTXAG10
AG
Iowaggie
AG
Max Power
AG
OceanStateAg said:

Last TD pass was to Mike Evans to bring the Bucs back from a 27-3 deficit to a 27-27 tie.

Twice this year Mike Evans has thrown important Tom Brady footballs into the stands, including the last one.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/tom-brady-retires-the-goats-final-td-pass-of-career-was-thrown-into-crowd-by-mike-evans-ball-still-at-large/
Iraq2xVeteran
AG
For many years, I had believed Joe Montana was the greatest quarterback of all time. But after Tom Brady rallied the New England Patriots from a 28-3 deficit with 8:31 left in the 3rd quarter to a 34-28 win over the Atlanta Falcons in Super Bowl LI for a 5th Super Bowl ring, I finally agreed that Tom Brady is the greatest quarterback of all time. He went on to win a 6th Super Bowl ring with the New England Patriots in 2018 and a 7th Super Bowl ring with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers to a Super Bowl title last year.

In Tom Brady's first season with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, he had no offseason to establish chemistry with his teammates. The New Orleans swept the entire NFC South, including two wins over the Tampa Bay Buccaneers by a combined score of 72-26 and finished 12-4. But Tom Brady led the 11-5 Buccaneers team to 3 straight road playoff games over the Washington Football Team, New Orleans Saints, and Green Bay Packers and a 31-9 rout over the defending Super Bowl champion Kansas City Chiefs. That was Tom Brady's toughest Super Bowl path because he had a first round bye in all 9 Super Bowl trips with the Patriots.

Tom Brady led the Patriots to 17 AFC East division titles and the Buccaneers to one NFC South division title. He went 35-12 in playoff games (31-11 with the Patriots and 5-1 with the Buccaneers).
10-4 in conference championship games (9-4 with the Patriots and 1-0 with the Buccaneers)
7-3 in Super Bowls (6-3 with the Patriots and 1-0 with the Buccaneers)

wangus12
AG
So does Brady get the MVP as a retirement gift
baseballaficionado
The fans in New England still loved him, so I am shocked he omitted the team, area, etc. completely from his announcement. He is definitely holding a grudge against Kraft and BB.
45-70Ag
AG
baseballaficionado said:

The fans in New England still loved him, so I am shocked he omitted the team, area, etc. completely from his announcement. He is definitely holding a grudge against Kraft and BB.

He's signing a one day contract to retire a patriot.

https://dailysnark.com/2022/02/01/tom-brady-will-sign-1-day-contract-with-new-england-to-retire-a-patriot/?fbclid=IwAR0mdyTQACH83LzA7wBmat1OkqCupaHXcWhEiL6olS_1P6GVS3XdTLun18M
redag06
Hell most the NE fans I know purchased Bucs gear last year.
OldArmy71
AG
Someone explain his grudge against the Patriots coach and owner.
baseballaficionado
OldArmy71 said:

Someone explain his grudge against the Patriots coach and owner.

He wanted to continue to play with the Pats, but they (owner/management) felt it was better to move on. I don't care if he does decide to sign a 1 day contract at some point and retire a Patriot. He's salty and I don't blame him.

He didn't mention New England once in this post, talked about Tampa a bunch and even used a Tampa photo in which was from a game where he beat New England.

Quote:

Former Patriots quarterback Scott Zolak joined critics in their displeasure with Tom Brady's retirement announcement, which failed to mention his former team.

Zolak, who played seven seasons in New England from 1991 to 1998, picked apart Brady's "cold" and calculated" farewell message during an appearance on NBC Sports Boston's "Zolak & Bertrand" show on Tuesday, hours after Brady posted the message.

"He's either one cold, calculating son of a bh to where you can release that and say, 'That's it, that part of my life is done. This is my new venture. And it was Tampa Bay and now I'm just gonna thank those [people]. I already did New England, now I'm doing you' … this would be a massive 'F' you to the fans," Zolak said.

"Tom is very calculated in everything he does. Everything is pre-programmed, pre-thought out. Tom doesn't just omit someone for 'Oh I forgot that. I'm going to come back and thank that person again.' No. This is all pre-calculated."

https://nypost.com/2022/02/02/scott-zolak-slams-tom-brady-for-patriots-snub-in-retirement-post/
baseballaficionado
45-70Ag said:

baseballaficionado said:

He's signing a one day contract to retire a patriot.

https://dailysnark.com/2022/02/01/tom-brady-will-sign-1-day-contract-with-new-england-to-retire-a-patriot/?fbclid=IwAR0mdyTQACH83LzA7wBmat1OkqCupaHXcWhEiL6olS_1P6GVS3XdTLun18M

This isn't true as there are zero reputable outlets reporting this as a fact. As of just a few hours ago, it's just sports fodder and nothing set in stone.

FamousAgg
He said his thanks and goodbyes to the patriots two years ago. He owes them nothing
baseballaficionado
Iowaggie
AG
AgEng06 said:

I wonder how much he's going to make as an NFL announcer or studio guy because he's going to get offers if he wants to do it.
FamousAgg
Iowaggie said:

AgEng06 said:

I wonder how much he's going to make as an NFL announcer or studio guy because he's going to get offers if he wants to do it.

Tom Brady + Peyton Manning show…
baseballaficionado
Iowaggie said:

AgEng06 said:

He is retiring because his family wants him at home. Most people retire because they can't play anymore and they go into announcing, to stay around the game.

Iowaggie
AG
baseballaficionado said:

Iowaggie said:

AgEng06 said:

He is retiring because his family wants him at home. Most people retire because they can't play anymore and they go into announcing, to stay around the game.

It's going to be tough to say no to $20-25 mm/year doing whatever he wants for a network.
baseballaficionado
Iowaggie said:

baseballaficionado said:

Iowaggie said:

AgEng06 said:

It's going to be tough to say no to $20-25 mm/year doing whatever he wants for a network.

Didn't he just give up $15 million by not waiting a few days to announce his retirement? Tom and Gisele are worth close to a billion, so I doubt a few million a year will tempt him.

I really think he wants to play and could still play a few more years. There are reports this retirement is 100% family based.

Maybe he does some specials for a network here and there. Who knows. Will be fun to watch, but I feel this goes the way of Timmy D and The Admiral-- they retire on top of their game and you never hear a peep from them again.
. . .
Quincey P. Morris
AG
I bet the person that spent a half a million on his "final TD" ball is thrilled with this news.
Ag_07
AG
That didn't take long
BenFiasco14
AG
Guess who's back … Bradys back. Back again.
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
The Porkchop Express
Quincey P. Morris said:

I bet the person that spent a half a million on his "final TD" ball is thrilled with this news.
What's $518,000?
MookieBlaylock
AG
Ag_07 said:

That didn't take long

Doesnt matter how beautiful she is, some man is tired of her

CFTXAG10
AG
LeonardSkinner
MookieBlaylock said:

Ag_07 said:

That didn't take long

Doesnt matter how beautiful she is, some man is tired of her

My first thought was the opposite. Maybe she's tired of him moping around the mansion, getting underfoot, or just being in the way.

That or she realized Tom being retired means Gronk is probably retired and is basically the Cousin Eddie to her Ellen Griswold.
Mike Elko
AG
He and Rodgers fighting over GOAT drama queen.
Kunkle for Congress TX-34
LFG!
Iraq2xVeteran
AG
Just six weeks after Tom Brady announced his retirement, he said he is returning for his 23rd season in the NFL.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/33495804/tom-brady-says-returning-tampa-bay-buccaneers-qb-next-season
hph6203
AG
Brett Favre is the OG top dog in that competition. He taught young Aaron how to do it to the highest degree of competency.
. . .
Retiring again.

DannyDuberstein
AG
I assume this one sticks. Seemed done being hit last year to the point that it hurt their offense a lot. You can keep yourself in perfect shape, but at 45, you can't keep stuff from hurting more and taking longer to recover
jokershady
AG
didnt his wife leave him because he decided to come back one more year after retiring in 2022? was it worth that one more year?
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.