Aaron Rodgers Demanding Out

9,695 Views | 76 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by TheCougarHunter
Saint Pablo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Bobby Petrino`s Neckbrace said:

The guy gets more unlikeable every day. Now he's upset that the Packers cut a WR that's not even good enough to be called a JAG.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/05/05/aaron-rodgers-remains-upset-the-packers-cut-jake-kumerow/
That is literally every other WR on their roster outside of DaVante Adams. If Rogers liked him, keep him, it isn't like Equaniemous St. Brown is light years ahead of that bum.
Trucker 96
The man knows how to hold a grudge. They cut Kumerow last August, he spent the year on the Bills practice roster and never got activated, and he passed thru waivers in January and went unclaimed.
Iowaggie
AG
Seems like a more dramatic version of Favre.

I think Favre was legitimately wrestling with retirement though, not realizing what a drama queen his act was becoming.

The Packers maybe messed up by not getting some WR talent in free agency when they could be had pretty cheap. There is very good talent on that team though.

Mr.Bond
AG
Aaron isn't without fault here.....but if I'm in his shoes I'd say **** GB too.....what have they done to remotely help him in 10 years? This is a 4 win team without Aaron. Again he's not innocent in all this but GB has certainly taken him for granted
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

MookieBlaylock
AG
Guy has had countless fiances and has cut off his family and is now spatting with his coach and gm

He dropped in the draft for this very reason

Was it wife 5 or 6 that Larry King figured out he was the problem?

Trucker 96
There's a saying that seems to apply to a guy like Aaron. "if you ran into an ahole in the morning, you ran into an ahole. If you run into aholes all day, YOU'RE the ahole"
Broncos
It's going to be fun watching him in blue and orange.
Saint Pablo
Mr.Bond
AG
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

BMX Bandit
wow. thanks for posting that.

really gives you a new perspective on how guys like Schefter operate
Iowaggie
AG
Mr.Bond said:

Aaron isn't without fault here.....but if I'm in his shoes I'd say **** GB too.....what have they done to remotely help him in 10 years? This is a 4 win team without Aaron. Again he's not innocent in all this but GB has certainly taken him for granted

Disagree. It is true that it has benefitted from incredible qb talent for the past 30 years, but also has not been the circus most NFL franchises have been. It has drafted relatively well, develops that talent and made very few free agent mistakes.

One problem that team has had over the last few years is offensive players getting injured and defensively just seem to get outplayed in big games. I never know what to believe when hearing reports about a QB's leadership, but Rodgers had his share of former receivers that have thrown him under the bus (Jermichael Finley, Greg Jennings)

MookieBlaylock
AG
Shefter announcing his thoughts and theory as a story is pathetic

Auto ignore from me

Dude sounds like a worthless pos on Dan Patrick show
Elephant Ghost
When you don't sacrifice your body for the Super Bowl and run it in with less than a minute left to dive for the end zone, but throw it unknowingly by chance without a clear target, who cares?
Eliminatus
AG
MookieBlaylock said:

Auto ignore from me

So, you gonna keep running with your original post now that you know it is an abject fabrication then?

But agreed on Shefter. That dude better take some serious professional and financial repercussions from this. Even I, someone who despises sports media people in general now, was shocked at the audacity of this move. I mean, seriously, WTF??? In a world of "fake news" and "making news instead of reporting", this is a screaming example of it and why the big names are losing respect and viewers at such a high rate.

ATM9000
AG
Mr.Bond said:

What are you talking about? He's got one of the best lines in football protecting him, a very good RB, and one of the best WR's in football to throw to... GB has done plenty to help him.

And most NFL teams with an elite QB would be 4-5 win teams without their qb... that's not unique to Green Bay.
MookieBlaylock
AG
Eliminatus said:

MookieBlaylock said:

Auto ignore from me

So, you gonna keep running with your original post now that you know it is an abject fabrication then?

But agreed on Shefter. That dude better take some serious professional and financial repercussions from this. Even I, someone who despises sports media people in general now, was shocked at the audacity of this move. I mean, seriously, WTF??? In a world of "fake news" and "making news instead of reporting", this is a screaming example of it and why the big names are losing respect and viewers at such a high rate.

Rogers is a drama queen and could have squashed the story
Shefter and espn are garbage intentionally creating fake news drama like its the hunger games
Rogers sucked on jeopardy

All 3 can be true
Txhuntr
AG
Anyone else hope the pack deal him to a dog **** team like Texans since he doesn't have a no trade clause?

*probably wishful thinking the Texans would give up the draft capital now that BOB is gone though
W
AG
as folks have said for decades and decades...

the media doesn't report the news...they make up the news
Stickynick
I mean he's got pretty good supporting cast there already. Sure, they didn't invest in a receiver or defense when they maybe should have and instead traded up for a QB that doesn't look like much, but it's not like he doesn't have anything to work with there. It seems like he's always unhappy about something.
SamHou
He's a smart dude. Should realize that it helps the team to shore up the defense
TyHolden
AG
Packers signed Bortles today....
rangerdanger
AG
I'm waiting for him to complete the cycle and end up in Minnesota. Justin Jefferson and Dalvin Cook would make it easy for Rodgers to screw over GB as Favre did with ADP. Gotta think he's consulted Brett about this whole situation at least once.
redline248
AG
rangerdanger said:

I'm waiting for him to complete the cycle and end up in Minnesota. Justin Jefferson and Dalvin Cook would make it easy for Rodgers to screw over GB as Favre did with ADP. Gotta think he's consulted Brett about this whole situation at least once.
Rodgers gives me the impression that he would never ask Favre for any help, for any reason, because he thinks so highly of himself.
aggiepaintrain
AG
Don't be shocked if the Saints or Broncos end up with AR.

Mr.Bond
AG
aggiepaintrain said:

Don't be shocked if the Saints or Broncos end up with AR.

I just don't see the capital that makes sense putting a trade together if your one of those 2 teams you're gonna have to give up some good weapons . And if your Green Bay your going to get 1st round picks in return that are likely going to be in the mid to high twenties

. . .
Quote:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/31890729/green-bay-packers-craft-list-concessions-entice-aaron-rodgers-return-least-one-more-season-sources-say

The agreement in principle would include an approximation of the following conditions that the two sides now are finalizing to alleviate and address some of Rodgers' issues before the opening of Tuesday's training camp:

* The 2023 year in Rodgers' contract -- the last one in his current deal -- would be voided, with no tags allowed in the future.

* The Packers would agree to review Rodgers' situation at the end of this season.

* Rodgers' contract would be adjusted with no loss of income to give the Packers more cap room now.

* Mechanisms will be put in place to address Rodgers' issues with the team.

If Packers' officials sign off on their willingness to trade Rodgers, and the agreement is finalized soon, here's the biggest concession the reigning MVP will receive: the freedom to decide where he wants to play in 2022.

The Packers' agreement to "review" the situation after the season implies that the team will trade Rodgers if he still feels the way he has about the Packers' culture and decision-making.
Iowaggie
AG
SamHou said:

He's a smart dude. Should realize that it helps the team to shore up the defense

He's an NBA champion.

TyHolden
AG
I love watching Arod giving ESPN and the packers the finger. They are holding him hostage. He just wants to be closer to non-hunter-games girl and smoke weed in non-Arctic weather. Is that too much to ask?
Elephant Ghost
Wonder how different it would be if he had actually put his shoulder into a tough 3 yard line short run into the end zone in the last drive of the playoffs instead of tossing it. State Farm would've covered him. But nope.
svaggie
AG
My sentiments exactly. Got upset they drafted a qb and didn't tell him.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Nice job being a distraction, Aaron. Really paying off
TheCougarHunter
AG
Jameis Crab Legs > cry baby Rodgers
Wisconsin_Ag
Packer nation has turned on him like a stepped on rattlesnake
IJones23
He looks frail. Like he's been on a vegetarian diet this off-season. You can see it in his eyes. He doesn't want to be there anymore
Iowaggie
AG
Even with the loss, the Packers sit tied for first in the winless NFC North.

Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.