***** 2020 NFL Draft *****

19,836 Views | 199 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by TyHolden
Fat Bib Fortuna
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Colts add Philip Rivers and Jonathan Taylor to their offense; Texans give away cancerous DeAndre Hopkins.
Gonna be a great dog fight with Jacksonville for last this year.
PhatMack19
AG
Tom Brady now has a teammate whose dad intercepted him in the NFL
lunchbox
We'll see if NE goes QB with either of their 2 picks to end the 3rd
lunchbox
Trey Wingo thinks every player picked is "interesting"
TyHolden
AG
lunchbox said:

We'll see if NE goes QB with either of their 2 picks to end the 3rd
Fromm seems like a great QB for them. Underwhelming in college.
zephyr88
AG
Roger looks worn out... earnin that money tonight...
ShotOver
AG
...love that Godell is just chillin.....
BigHitterDaLama
dixichkn said:

This techtard ahead of Xavier McKinney and Patrick Queen. Really.
Yeah, the last techtard who went in the 1st round had a lot of naysayers too.....was called a massive reach and system player.

dixichkn
AG
BigHitterDaLama said:

dixichkn said:

Yeah, the last techtard who went in the 1st round had a lot of naysayers too.....was called a massive reach and system player.

It was pretty well known going in that year that Mahomes was a first round talent and rising. Plus he was an offensive skill position player which is the BDF's rare strength. The words "Texas Tech" and "defense" go together like "Democratic think tank". Brooks was a consensus 2nd day projection who was rated by one scout as "long term backup with a chance to start".........woo boy, there's a ringing endorsement for a 1st round pick.

Seattle whiffed badly on this one. I'll be happy to revisit this thread in 7 or 8 years and see where he stacks up next to Queen as an ILB
Cedar09
41 SEC players taken in the first 3 rounds
PooDoo
AG
The hero of day 3 is Justin Tucker.

He secured generators to get the Ravens staff back online after a power outage in the Baltimore area threatened to delay the start of the draft.
zephyr88
AG
PooDoo said:

The hero of day 3 is Justin Tucker.

He secured generators to get the Ravens staff back online after a power outage in the Baltimore area threatened to delay the start of the draft.
He's a good kicker.

Pains me that he's the dude that beat the Ags in the last Rivalry Game.
dshedd41
S
Gig’em Aggies!
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Into the 5th round, Jake Fromm still on the board. Really hacks me off he didn't come back for his senior season and denied us endless crowd shots of his mama.

so ... many .. jokes
Tom Hagen
AG
I wouldn't want to be Bob.

EKUAg
AG
Fromm just got picked by Buffalo.
Maroon and White always! EKU/TAMU
Ranger222
AG
Feel like there are only a few teams who are walking away with bad drafts...like the draft picks for most teams.
BigHitterDaLama
dixichkn said:

BigHitterDaLama said:

dixichkn said:

It was pretty well known going in that year that Mahomes was a first round talent and rising. Plus he was an offensive skill position player which is the BDF's rare strength. The words "Texas Tech" and "defense" go together like "Democratic think tank". Brooks was a consensus 2nd day projection who was rated by one scout as "long term backup with a chance to start".........woo boy, there's a ringing endorsement for a 1st round pick.

Seattle whiffed badly on this one. I'll be happy to revisit this thread in 7 or 8 years and see where he stacks up next to Queen as an ILB
So by your rationale, a player can immediately be ruled a "whiff" because he is a on a traditionally bad collegiate defensive unit? And anyone from the SEC West is better? Makes sense.

Kiper (hate/like agree/disagree) does this for a living and had him at #32 overall.

Last guy Seattle drafted like Brooks (size, production on tape, 40 time and can play all 3 downs at all LB spots) was Bobby Wagner......who played on some pretty underwhelming Utah State teams. Good thing Schneider and Carroll didn't ditch him for any SEC West player available.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
EKUAg said:

Fromm just got picked by Buffalo.

Just what every kid dreams of, forgoing your senior year at an SEC school to be drafted in the 5th round by buffalo.
ac04
TyHolden
AG
Did anybody do a draft analysis based on conference and when they were drafted? Or an average draft rank? Just curious if that's out there.
texagbeliever
DSAg44 said:

Did anybody do a draft analysis based on conference and when they were drafted? Or an average draft rank? Just curious if that's out there.
I think the only way to layer in draft rank and number of draftees is to take the inverse of the draft position. So the first pick is worth 255 points, 2nd overall pick is worth 254 points and the last pick is worth 1 point.

Conference Draft Value Points
SEC 9,769
Big Ten 5,793
Pac-12 4,035
Big 12 3,126
ACC 3,046
American 1,336
.... others 5,535
TyHolden
AG
texagbeliever said:

DSAg44 said:

I think the only way to layer in draft rank and number of draftees is to take the inverse of the draft position. So the first pick is worth 255 points, 2nd overall pick is worth 254 points and the last pick is worth 1 point.

SEC 9,769
Big Ten 5,793
Pac-12 4,035
Big 12 3,126
ACC 3,046
American 1,336
.... others 5,535

yeah, so basically more value than Big Ten and Pac-12 combined (second and third). SEC is an NFL factory.
texagbeliever
DSAg44 said:

texagbeliever said:

DSAg44 said:

SEC 9,769
Big Ten 5,793
Pac-12 4,035
Big 12 3,126
ACC 3,046
American 1,336
.... others 5,535

yeah, so basically more value than Big Ten and Pac-12 combined (second and third). SEC is an NFL factory.
Additional point of note. Clemson accounted for 1,149 for the ACC. So ACC without Clemson is at 1,897. That conference is awful.
ApachePilot
AG
BigHitterDaLama said:

dixichkn said:

BigHitterDaLama said:

dixichkn said:

So by your rationale, a player can immediately be ruled a "whiff" because he is a on a traditionally bad collegiate defensive unit? And anyone from the SEC West is better? Makes sense.

Kiper (hate/like agree/disagree) does this for a living and had him at #32 overall.

Last guy Seattle drafted like Brooks (size, production on tape, 40 time and can play all 3 downs at all LB spots) was Bobby Wagner......who played on some pretty underwhelming Utah State teams. Good thing Schneider and Carroll didn't ditch him for any SEC West player available.

As a life long Hawk fan I want to believe in the picks. Seems Seattle is better in later picks and struggle with round one. Other than Earl Thomas the recent round 1s are weak. I hope I'm proved wrong and I'm sure I will be. I'm still pissed on the penny pick.
TyHolden
AG
anybody know if there is a site that aggregates the grades from the top sources?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.