Tom Brady NOT returning to New England

11,217 Views | 63 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Repeat the Line
. . .
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Bucs, thankfully, are getting rid of the alarm clock uniforms.

annie88
AG
I kind of figured he might go somewhere warm. With a Brazilian wife and after all those years in New England.
Sumatriptan
BMX Bandit said:

I think Patriots will win more games in 2020 than whatever team Brady is on
so dumb
dshedd41
S
Gig’em Aggies!
ac04
really hoping this salvages some of oj howard's fantasy value.
FancyKetchup14
AG
Jamies Winston currently:

I know they were on Hard Knocks just a couple of years ago, but I imagine they'll be a strong candidate for this year.
CrottyKid
AG
Bruce Arians? Seems like a weird fit.
BMX Bandit
Sumatriptan said:

BMX Bandit said:

so dumb

Brady the greatest, but think he won't have enough left and around him
Kanyes psychiatrist
CrottyKid said:

Bruce Arians? Seems like a weird fit.
Why? He is known as an offensive guru, Tampa is loaded at WR and tight end. Seems like a great fit.
ac04
brady will be older than his OC. also i just realized i attended brady/belichick's final super bowl win which is pretty awesome.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
That means 2 games this season with Brees and Brady head to head, assuming no injuries.

Passing Yards: #1 Brees 77,416; #2 Brady 74,571
Completions: #1 Brees 6,867; #2 Brady 6,377
Touchdowns: #1 Brees 547; #2 Brady 541
Fourth Quarter Comebacks: #2 Brady 36; #3 Brees 35 (David Carr tied for 155th with 7)

Of course, that is that little nagging post-season record:
Brees 8-8, 1 Super Bowl wins
Brady 30-11, 6 Super Bowl wins

Matsui
AG
It's a great fit.
Gramercy Riffs
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

Swap teams and those records likely flip as well.
k20dub
AG

If Brown could keep his head on straight, a trio of Evans, Brown and Godwin would be scary.
Panama Red
AG
The "weird fit" thoughts comes from Arians offense being much much different than what Brady has done in the past or what his current skill set is.

Arians offense is big on lots of big throws down the field, not a controlled option routes to the slots system.

Chances are Arians realizes this and makes significant changes to the scheme.
Mike Elko
AG
k20dub said:

If Brown could keep his head on straight, a trio of Evans, Brown and Godwin would be scary.
That's a huge IF. Dude's off his rocker and a complete POS. Hope he never sees the field again.
Sparkie
AG
Gramercy Riffs said:

MuckRaker96 said:

There is another important differentiation between Brees and Brady. Brady has played with lowered valued contracts. I've seen estimates that he saved the Pats over $60 million dollars.
PrestigeWorldwideAg12
TB12 is a business man as well so part of me things he is getting some sort of ownership stake out of this deal.
Gramercy Riffs
AG
Sparkie said:

Gramercy Riffs said:

MuckRaker96 said:

There is another important differentiation between Brees and Brady. Brady has played with lowered valued contracts. I've seen estimates that he saved the Pats over $60 million dollars.

It's been my biggest (only?) complaint about Brees. His previous contracts made things tough on Loomis at times.
Sparkie
AG
Gramercy Riffs said:

Sparkie said:

Gramercy Riffs said:

MuckRaker96 said:

It's been my biggest (only?) complaint about Brees. His previous contracts made things tough on Loomis at times.

Brady's contracts trickled down and were used to lower other players salaries. For Bill it was a win win situation. Lets see if Bill can work his magic with a mediocre Qb making $30 mill.

Brees has been underrated imho.
BBQ4Me
AG
Well his mediocre QB (Stidham) makes less than $1m
W
AG
well, it was a long and winding road for Brady and the Bucs in 2020...

but he got Tampa to the playoffs for the first time in 13 years...via a 10-5 record.

the Bucs really beat up on the bad teams to do it. Only went 1-5 vs. likely playoff teams.

Brady has thrown 32 TD passes thru 15 games --- 4th most in the league.

probably going to play the NFC East champ in the wildcard round

PabloSerna
AG
Wouldn't surprise me if they ended up in the NFC Championship game against the Packers.

BMX Bandit
BMX Bandit said:

What four idiots blue-starred this???

Here to take my lumps. Don't think I've been more wrong about something in my life
GiveEmHellBill
AG
PabloSerna said:

Wouldn't surprise me if they ended up in the NFC Championship game against the Packers
BenFiasco14
AG
BMX Bandit said:

CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
coupland boy
AG
GiveEmHellBill said:

PabloSerna said:

Wouldn't surprise me if they ended up in the NFC Championship game against the Packers

Laughed out loud at that one!
Iraq2xVeteran
AG
In head coach Bruce Arians' first season last year, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers finished 7-9. After the Buccaneers lost to the Chiefs 27-24 at home in Week 12, they dropped to 7-5. Since a Week 13 bye, the Buccaneers have won 7 consecutive games (last 4 regular season games and 3 straight road playoff games) to reach the Super Bowl for a rematch with the Chiefs at the same location. Tom Brady and the Buccaneers offense has averaged 34.28 points per game during their current winning streak.

The New Orleans Saints swept the Tampa Bay Buccaneers by a combined 72-26 in the two regular season games to finish 12-4 and win a 4th straight NFC South division title. I had expected the Saints to beat the Buccaneers for the 3rd time this season, but the Saints collapsed after leading 20-13 in the 3rd quarter to lose 30-20 at home. Then, I expected the Green Bay Packers to beat the Buccaneers at Lambeau Field, but they could not overcome a 28-10 deficit. The Buccaneers defense dismantled Drew Brees and Aaron Rodgers.

With a new offensive system, truncated training camp, and no preseason games, 43-year old Tom Brady continues to play at an elite level. He led the Buccaneers to an 11-5 regular season and 3 straight road playoff wins to reach his 10th Super Bowl appearance. This path to the Super Bowl might have been the toughest of the bunch.

For one, Brady has had to travel to get to this championship game. While the Bucs will be the first team in league history to play a Super Bowl at home, coach Bruce Arians & Co. have had to win three road tilts to make it to the title game. That's not unprecedented four other teams have won three road games to make it to the Super Bowl (1985 New England Patriots, 2005 Pittsburgh Steelers, 2007 New York Giants, and 2010 Green Bay Packers), but it's something new for Brady. Across his first nine trips to the Super Bowl, he needed to win a total of only three games on the road. Fifteen of the 18 AFC playoff games during those Super Bowl runs were in Foxborough.

https://worldsportstale.com/nfl/barnwell-tom-bradys-10-super-bowl-paths-and-where-this-run-ranks-among-the-toughest-ever/
Bobby Petrino`s Neckbrace

Repeat the Line
BMX Bandit said:

BMX Bandit said:

What four idiots blue-starred this???

Here to take my lumps. Don't think I've been more wrong about something in my life

Did you forget last year when you mocked an F16 poster whenever he suggested the Houston Livestock and Rodeo show might be canceled due to COVID? You're actually wrong much of the time.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.