Mike McCarthy - Dallas Cowboys

8,711 Views | 121 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by micahb2002
bearcat
How long do you want to ignore this user?
1. McCarthy would be a decent hire.
2. Peyton just costs too much with likely giving up 2 1st round picks.

3. For those saying McCarthy hasn't won without A-Aron, has Peyton won without Brees??? Has Belichick won without Brady?

4. I really like McDonough (Bills). I would also consider giving Pats OC another shot.

5. I don't like college coaches though I would sacrifice cowboys winning to take Lincoln Reilly out of OU. Of course I would want to see Urban Meyer go somewhere over next couple of weeks 1st and foremost. Very worried he will replace whomever opens first between OU and TU.

6. Please don't get Urban Meyer
aggiewhoop1
AG
Why is this posted here?
bearcat
Oh yeah and if I am Texans, I am perfectly fine with Urban Meyer or Lincoln. They have the piece in place to make that a good Fit! The cowboys do not. QB!!
aginlakeway
AG
aggiewhoop1 said:

Why is this posted here?

I'm not sure either. Plus the OP seems to be stating his opinion as a fact. I don't see any reports of this hire being made.
gwiggs1
AG
Gman7709 said:

Mike's got the inner track for sure... if he wants it.

How much money would it take for you to work for Jerry?
I'd do it for half the pay of the lowest paid head coach in the NFL. One year of that money, and hello never ending vacation. I'd do everything he said, then he couldn't fire me if things go wrong.
boboguitar
AG
[The name calling on this forum is going to stop. -Staff]
Agdad78
AG
jcbaggie04 said:

Why would you think Dallas would be getting A-Aron?

Wasn't the story that Rodgers forced GB to fire Coach McCarthy?

If so....
Post removed:
by user
Frisco86
AG
Gman7709 said:

Hate it or love it.... he's your next coach of America's Team.
Better him than Lewis.
Frisco86
AG
CassiusClay said:

Always found it interesting when he left Green Bay; Aaron Rodgers and other players thought McCarthy was a huge idiot.
Rogers is saying that McCarthy deserves being a HC. Just said that in the last week.
Nombre
AG
AgsMyDude said:

jcbaggie04 said:

If I'm Jerry Jones, I am looking at the mirror and seeing my age, and I am resolved to do whatever it takes to get another championship while I am still here to enjoy it. Yes there's a salary cap on players but not really for coaches. I find the very best there is in my mind, and I make it a deal they can't refuse. If I think Sean Payton is the guy, I don't care what New Orleans has or does. I BUY him.
At this stage it's best foot forward. Can't take it with you, Jerr

Sean Payton leaving NOLA for Jerry's show

Sean Payton lives in Vaquero. Bought the home there after he was an established coach in New Orleans. Yes, there is absolutely an interest in the Cowboys by Sean Payton. And I'm not a Cowboys homer.
MenOfKyle
AG
https://twitter.com/rjochoa/status/1213872172139270146/photo/1
AgsWin74
AG
Gman7709 said:

Hate it or love it.... he's your next coach of America's Team.

I can back this up with that Mike was offered the job last night, he hasn't accepted yet.
MenOfKyle
AG
Some of y'all are nuts, McCarthy would be a slam dunk hire for the Cowboys. The roster is set up nicely for him. He loves to run the ball and focuses on defense.
Ag12thman
AG
I like McCarthy, but I also think he's another Garrett-like head coach that will serve as Jerrah's next "yes man." Yes, he's a good coach, though, and he may do well out of the gate there.

Great guy and, yes, I know Rodgers has endorsed him, but he is not the strong-willed head man that it will take to win in Dallas. The problem starts with the owner and GM and, therefore, nothing is really going to change until there is a change made in one or both of those spots, in my opinion.
olib
AG
I'd prefer Jimmy Johnson.
81fisch
AG
You nailed it. SP has let it be known Cowboys is his dream job but giving up 2 first round picks should deter Jerry trying to get him to leave the Saints
Lsal
AG
81fisch said:

You nailed it. SP has let it be known Cowboys is his dream job but giving up 2 first round picks should deter Jerry trying to get him to leave the Saints
I think this is right. He would love to coach the Cowboys.
Ag12thman
AG
Lwe6638
McCarthy has been working all off-season to get ready for his return to the NFL.

This is a great article detailing his prep....sounds as if he is on a mission to show everyone that he has what it takes to get a team to the Super Bowl.

And...we all know he would be a big upgrade over The Clapper!

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001084451/article/expackers-coach-mike-mccarthy-eyes-nfl-return-in-2020

I could see it happening.....
BMX Bandit
Jimtim1216 said:

Payton and the Jones family are reportedly friends. However you do not just buy out a coach. You have to give up draft picks as well. Do not think Dallas will want to lose a couple of first rounders, especially with Jerry at the ripe old age of 77.

It took 2 firsts and 2 seconds to trade for Gruden who had 1 year left on his deal.

Payton has 4 years left.

He's as likely to coach cowboys next year as RC Slocum is

If coaching cowboy was his dream, why he sign an extension?
DannyDuberstein
AG
I don't hate the idea of a recharged McCarthy as long as they bring in a stout DC.
e=mc2
AG
If JJ gave a rat's ass about winning, he'd build a time machine, go back 15 years, and hire Bill Belichick.
one MEEN Ag
AG
Nombre said:

AgsMyDude said:

jcbaggie04 said:

If I'm Jerry Jones, I am looking at the mirror and seeing my age, and I am resolved to do whatever it takes to get another championship while I am still here to enjoy it. Yes there's a salary cap on players but not really for coaches. I find the very best there is in my mind, and I make it a deal they can't refuse. If I think Sean Payton is the guy, I don't care what New Orleans has or does. I BUY him.

Sean Payton lives in Vaquero. Bought the home there after he was an established coach in New Orleans. Yes, there is absolutely an interest in the Cowboys by Sean Payton. And I'm not a Cowboys homer.

As a side question, how does a football coach have their home in another state? Whats your real ability to actually live in another state?

Athletes I can understand. You train on your own, you learn the play book on your own. But a head coach, you'd think they've got enough to do throughout the off season that they really can't spend any real time working remotely.
BurnetAggie99
Another guy even though he's getting up there in age is Andy Reid from Kansas City. I think his contract is up in 2021.
TyHolden
AG
Payton announcement tomorrow?
gigem1223
Bruce Almighty said:

That would be a meh hire. If I was a Cowboys fan, I'd be disappointed.

You'd be disappointed bringing in a guy with a ring, 4 conference championship appearances, 8 division titles and an almost identical record to Sean Payton? Why?
JDL 96
Mike Mccarthy? They've got to do better than that.
TyHolden
AG
Can we get Payton and Taysom?
Kanyes psychiatrist
one MEEN Ag said:

Nombre said:

AgsMyDude said:

jcbaggie04 said:

As a side question, how does a football coach have their home in another state? Whats your real ability to actually live in another state?

Athletes I can understand. You train on your own, you learn the play book on your own. But a head coach, you'd think they've got enough to do throughout the off season that they really can't spend any real time working remotely.
I think he is now divorced so the house is so he can be close to his kids which live in DFW.
gigem1223
JDL 96 said:

Mike Mccarthy? They've got to do better than that.

Who?
Mr.Bond
AG
Sean Payton could be a very real possibility now....
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

BMX Bandit
Mr.Bond said:

Not remotely
bonfarr
AG
Because the Cowboys job wasn't available then?
Mr.Bond
AG
BMX Bandit said:

Mr.Bond said:

Not remotely

I wouldn't be so sure......
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.