A. Brown Rape Charge

9,148 Views | 83 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Iowaggie
ac04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
i want to hear from that guy who was calling us "haters" and asking if we'd seen how good he looked on hard knocks. where did he go
Bobby Petrino`s Neckbrace
He deleted his tweets? Dammit, I missed them.
DannyDuberstein
AG
He called out headlines from 2010 about Roth only getting a 4 game suspension, Shannon sharpe being on tv after sexual assault accusations, and Kraft not being punished while AB got fired (with a great aforementioned "different strokes for different strokes" comment)
birdman
Those tweaks were actually pretty good. The Kraft one was hilarious.

However, his attorney is screaming "AB don't affiliate yourself with people that have been accused/admitted to sexual misconduct".
Ag_07
AG
birdman said:

However, his attorney is screaming "AB don't affiliate yourself with people that have been accused/admitted to sexual misconduct please STFU".
I guess as his attorney it's good for job security but I can't imagine how frustrating it must be to represent someone like this.
wangus12
AG
. . . said:

I liked the way my wife put it. She coaches a top 5A volleyball program here and when they have to cut kids, a lot of them that know they are getting cut will say they quit. Nobody wants AB currently so he says he's refusing to play
Pats refuse to pay Clowntonio his first installment of the signing bonus ($5,000,000)

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/09/24/patriots-decline-to-pay-the-first-installment-of-antonio-browns-signing-bonus/
Bunk Moreland
I agree with Danny or whoever said it on here. As much as I hate AB, I hope the Pats have to pay his signing bonus. **** them for their role in this.

Rome went off on them and Bill yesterday. They take this guy on, plan to play him all the way until the photos of his threats, then they cut him on a Friday news dump and he refuses to take questions about it. Then the rest of the media basically just says "oh that's just Bill"
AggieHammer2000
AG
Bunk Moreland said:

I agree with Danny or whoever said it on here. As much as I hate AB, I hope the Pats have to pay his signing bonus. **** them for their role in this.

Rome went off on them and Bill yesterday. They take this guy on, plan to play him all the way until the photos of his threats, then they cut him on a Friday news dump and he refuses to take questions about it. Then the rest of the media basically just says "oh that's just Bill"
This x100,000,000.
Brown most assuredly would have gotten his 9 mil if he hadn't sent threatening text messages to the artist. When the NFL had to step in and tell him to cease and desist, I think that changed the playing field, and may have provided the Pats with the legal grounds to terminate his contract in its entirety (incl the signing bonus).

I'm no fan of the Pats, but if AB forfeits the 9 mil in arbritration, I'd be totally fine with that. Maybe the arbiter can make a ruling that would also hit the Pats in the wallet, by making them give the money to a battered women's charity or something similar.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Yeah, it was me that said I wish the Pats still got stuck paying, but I do think he totally screwed himself with those texts and he's not going to get squat. In a perfect world, the NFL would make the Pats send $9million to charity and have it count against their cap, while at the same time telling AB to **** off.
AggieHammer2000
AG
Now we're talking!!!
I agree with you. Make them give it to charity, and have the 9 mil count as dead money.
BMX Bandit
whoops

Iowaggie
AG
Rumor is Pats are talking to NFL to see what Antonio Brown's punishment will be, if any, as they are interested in bringing him back.
May be worth a stash.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.