Sleeper RBs?

1,971 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by FHUAggie
boulderaggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone on your radar? Could use some help!
Saint Pablo
I am high on Mark Ingram after his move to the Ravens...they run the ball a lot and run it well. I don't think anyone else there is going to push him for carries either.

Not sure if these guys count since there is a lot of talk about them, but I think Joe Mixon, Aaron Jones and Damien Williams are going to outperform their ADP...I could see Mixon being a top 5 back and think the others will be solid startable guys.

A super sleeper I think is worth a late round flier is D'Onta Foreman. I could see him beating out Lamar Miller and becoming fantasy relevant.
boulderaggie
AG
Excellent. Thank you!
Tom Kazansky 2012
AG
I havent researched this at all, and I am going by a headline i saw probably scrolling through facebook, but I have heard Latvius Murray with New Orleans could be a later round sleeper.
aggiefreak5080
S
Saint Pablo nailed it. Throw in Josh Jacobs.
Ranger222
AG
I love Latvius Murray....he's going to fill Mark Ingram's role with a better offensive line than he had in Minnesota. I think Murray is in a great, great spot. He's a clear target for me if you decide to go RB0 to start off the draft.

Chase Edmonds for Arizona is a guy you can get the late, late rounds of your draft (I routinely get him in the 17th or 18th round of 10 team best balls) that might have a real role for the Cardinals. Kliff has already said that he could see both him and David Johnson having defined roles and both getting on the field a lot. The 2nd RB in Kliff's offense has always produced. Great target especially in PPR formats.

Going to disagree on Damien Williams....Andy Reid has told reporters he expects Williams to be an every down back for the Chiefs. I believe we'll see closer to Kareem Hunt production this year out of Williams than him not living up to his ADP. If Kareem Hunt had played the full year without any offseason issue and was still a member of the Chiefs, he'd be the #4 overall pick this year. You can get Damien Williams, expected to be in the same role, with pick #16-20. I'm clicking Damien Williams a lot in the 2nd round. The best start imho you can gave this year is one of the top three RBs + Williams.
Saint Pablo
What site are you running your mocks on? In many of the mocks I have been doing on ESPN, Williams goes around the fourth, so that is what I was basing my statement on.
ac04
williams goes in the second in bestball leagues where there is actual $ in play. free mocks are mostly a waste of time.
Ranger222
AG
Yep have done ~20 best ball drafts where I'm taking these picks/rounds from
dixichkn
AG
Quote:

I am high on Mark Ingram after his move to the Ravens...they run the ball a lot and run it well. I don't think anyone else there is going to push him for carries either.
Plus he catches it well enough to serve as a three down back. I'm with you, I'm all over Ingram in any league I can get him
boulderaggie
AG
This is great advice - thank you everyone
chris1515
AG
I don't know how much publicity he is getting, so it might not a sleeper, but I'd love to pick up Derrius Guice as an RB4.
chn4
FHUAggie
Saint Pablo said:

Not sure if these guys count since there is a lot of talk about them, but I think Joe Mixon, Aaron Jones and Damien Williams are going to outperform their ADP...I could see Mixon being a top 5 back and think the others will be solid startable guys.

A super sleeper I think is worth a late round flier is D'Onta Foreman. I could see him beating out Lamar Miller and becoming fantasy relevant.

I want to love Ingram too but the absolutely infuriating three-headed monster the Ravens have insisted on the past two seasons has me hesitant. Then again, he's being paid Top 15 RB money so we'll see.

But yeah, I feel like the assumption of rational coaching with Ingram could bite me in valuing him too though like you I love the potential.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.