Do you think Witten can last on MNF?

5,878 Views | 43 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by hph6203
Old Tom Morris
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I still think they need to split up Witten and Booger. Two analysts is too many. Witten has had a year to adjust, so now it's time to see if he can stand on his own or not.
Southlake
Sadly, Witten got worse as the season went on. Just painful and distracting to watch and hope he didn't screw up.

Sorry Jason.
ac04
mathguy86 said:

As a football color guy, Witten is better than Romo. At least his voice is better. His problem is he wants to tell his story and they let him. Stick to commmenting on the game.
. . .
Gibbs Slap
AG
Is this the key for the Boys...

https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/witten-ends-retirement-returning-to-cowboys
O'Doyle Rules
AG
No. The key is to find a real QB and the whole Jones family disappear from football management
. . .
https://espnpressroom.com/us/press-releases/2019/05/joe-tessitore-booger-mcfarland-and-lisa-salters-to-debut-as-espns-new-commentator-team-in-monday-night-footballs-50th-season/

hph6203
AG
Of the previous crew I felt like Booger was the least suited to that job. He seems like he'd be a good studio guy, but he doesn't pay close enough attention or do enough homework to be a great color guy. I think that annoyed Witten, if you could combine the best of Booger (personality/likability) and the best of Witten (attentiveness/knowledge) you'd have a pretty top notch color guy.
BMX Bandit
Attentive is odd choice

hph6203
AG
Odd, because there was a game I watched where Booger was talking about a linebacker playing in zone defense and he was clearly in man and Witten corrected him. Maybe skewed because of seeing that.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.