Fantasy Football PLAYOFFS?!?!

3,132 Views | 63 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Saint Pablo
MooreTrucker
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ended up 10-3 and in 1st place overall. My three losses were against the other three playoff teams.

And I'm going to have to do it without Melvin Gordon and possible James Conner.
oh no
AG
Uh, you need to protest that.
investorAg83
AG
oh no said:

It was the commish. I think he put all that effort in for nothing though...I'd have missed the playoffs anyways (2 of the 4 tied got in...not 3). Oh well.

Really sucks because my team was salty...I just couldn't decide who to play week to week. My main problem was sticking with Stafford WAY too long.
DallasAggie0
Sounds ****ty but not sure that qualifies as collusion.
oh no
AG
Benching Gurley, losing on purpose in week 13. That's cold-blooded!
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
won the points title in a league i have dominated all year. finished at 9-3 headed into the playoffs now.

unfortunately though the Hunt thing might cost me the year. my opponent has very favorable matchups this week and my guys seem like they are all playing all world defenses. praying Kerryon Johnson can get on the field this week.
Saint Pablo
MooreTrucker said:

Ended up 10-3 and in 1st place overall. My three losses were against the other three playoff teams.

I ended up in second place and am in the exact same boat without Conner and Gordon
NoahAg
MooreTrucker said:

11-1-1

I too will be w/out Gordon and Conner. Fortunately my other RBs include: Chubb, Aaron Jones, Mark Ingram, and Dalvin Cook.
MooreTrucker
AG
NoahAg said:

MooreTrucker said:

11-1-1

I too will be w/out Gordon and Conner. Fortunately my other RBs include: Chubb, Aaron Jones, Mark Ingram, and Dalvin Cook.
I have Mixon and Michel, and a whole bunch of WR3's. Not sure how that happened.
AtlAg05
AG
9-4 in second place. Hopkins/Hill for WR and Kamara/Jones for RB. Winston/Trubisky QBs

Feeling pretty confident going into the playoffs
MooreTrucker
AG
I picked up Samuels and Wilson Jr. Hope they can keep me afloat until Conner/Melvin come back.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Unbelievable. Lost Hunt and Sanders within one week of each other.
Carlo4
AG
PDEMDHC said:

5-7. #6 seed of 6 in the playoffs. I think I'm locked in because of tie breaker rules being points scored (even if i lose this week).

Third most points in the league. Most points scored against by an average of 10 points per week... with a 22 point margin between me and the one with fewest points against. I'm due for some low scores and steal a championship.

Got in as 6 seed. Lost Connor. Other guy grabbed Samuel. I went from 20 point fav to break even.
Squirrel Master
AG
My weakest team snuck into the #6 seed, though I did lose Sanders to be replaced by Josh Gordon. But I'm playing what used to be a much better team, but just lost both Hunt and Conner. The door is open for me.
slider676
AG
11-2. Then I lost

James Conner
AJ Green
Emmanuel Sanders
Greg Olsen

I hate this game...
BeastmodeAg
AG
12-1, 1st in League. Only loss was by 3 points due to my kicker ****ting the bed in week 7.

Feeling good!
MooreTrucker
AG
My opponent has Derrick Henry......on his bench.
suburban cowboy
AG
MooreTrucker said:

My opponent has Derrick Henry......on his bench.

Same here. Got 12 pts out of the TEN D/ST as well.
Bonfired
AG
investorAg83 said:

oh no said:

It was the commish. I think he put all that effort in for nothing though...I'd have missed the playoffs anyways (2 of the 4 tied got in...not 3). Oh well.

Really sucks because my team was salty...I just couldn't decide who to play week to week. My main problem was sticking with Stafford WAY too long.

This seems to be my problem, too...good GM, lousy game-day coach.

How the hell my team did as well as it did (8-4 while being last in total points) is living proof of the flukiness that is FF. I have lived a charmed life this season, for sure.
"I stayed up all night playing poker with tarot cards. I got a full house and four people died."--Steven Wright
Ag Since 83
AG
My opponent is playing him...thankfully we only do 4 team playoffs and start next week.
Saint Pablo
OBJ rules out, out of nowhere. I have lost AJ Green, Melvin Gordon, James Conner, and Odell Beckham in the last few weeks...went from looking like I'd run away with it this year to wondering if I'll even be competitive in the first round.
MooreTrucker
AG
I lost Melvin and Conner, but picked up Sony and had Joe Mixon. Then I got Jeff Wilson and Jaylen Samuels, so I'm predicted to get 10 more than my opponent this week. But we use a 2-week total for each round, so who knows. I have to have Drew Brees not repeat his performance against Dallas.

He wants a mulligan for this week since he had Henry on his bench, but too bad so sad no way to do that.
CFTXAG10
AG
Ive lost Melvin Gordon, Sammy Watkins, and Desean Jackson. Needless to say the waiver wire has played a constant role in my season. Glad I snuck into the playoffs at least but its not looking good.
The Milkman
AG
I am very happy to have probably the best FF team I've ever assembled going into playoffs this week:

QB: Mahomes
WR: Keenan Allen, Thielen
RB: Gurley, Aaron Jones
TE: Kittle, Jaylen Samuel
K: Zuerlein
DEF: Chicago

And Conner is waiting to get back in there...
W
AG
looking at my teams in the semis and my opponents' teams...we overlap at QB, WR, and TE across leagues, but not at RB.

so I'm basically going to ride or die with Chubb & Lindsay
AgEng06
AG
Same for me.

I've got Rodgers, he's got Aaron Jones. He's got Brees, I've got Thomas.
MooreTrucker
AG
Survive and advance, baby, survive and advance.
Ag Since 83
AG
I think if Cam had gotten 80 passing yards and a TD on that last drive I would have lost by 0.08 or something like that

Phew
investorAg83
AG

I lost by 2. That fumble through the end zone cost lutz a chance to win it for me. 3 more yards on Carolinas last drive would have given them 250 and taken 3 points off the board for my opponent...I'd have won. I HATE THIS DAMN GAME!!!

Edit to add: now I'm playing the league jackass for 3rd and 4th. 4th place is punished as commissioner the next year.
Saint Pablo
Lost in the first round of one league...missing Odell, AJ Green, Melvin Gordon, and James Conner stung a lot. If I had one of those guys and their usual production, I likely win.

In my other league, I won by 35 despite Cam's 4.7 point performance. Should have Melvin Gordon back for the championship as well.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.