Kaep doesn't want to play...he wants to protest

6,295 Views | 49 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by MooreTrucker
BMX Bandit
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I've never heard of him. What stories has he broken previously? He has 102k twitter followers. That's not many people following some one "well known".

There are probably a dozen people I'd believe this report from.
expresswrittenconsent
Hes a national NFL writer. I agree any settlement number will seem more credible once multiple people are reporting it. But dude isnt just some fan throwing out numbers.
Know Your Enemy
AG
BMX Bandit said:

Quote:

I don't see how any thinking person doesn't see some level of collusion here.

What's the evidence of collusion?

Collusion against Manziel also? Dez for most of the year?

You'll never know the evidence because the NFL settled. And that's exactly why they settled.
piag94
AG
Now Kap can donate all that money to help educate the country as to why all the white cops hate black people
J. Walter Weatherman
If there was such definitive evidence then why did Kap settle?
ac04
to get paid millions?
Know Your Enemy
AG
ac04 said:

to get paid tens of millions?

Fixed
J. Walter Weatherman
So, what you're saying is that he either a. Didn't really think he had a case. Or b. Only cared about the money.
ac04
i don't know or care what his motivation was.
Know Your Enemy
AG
J. Walter Weatherman said:

So, what you're saying is that he either a. Didn't really think he had a case. Or b. Only cared about the money.

I don't understand how any rational thinking person could believe this.
J. Walter Weatherman
So you have no argument and are just going with an attempted condescending dismissal. Solid rebuttal.
expresswrittenconsent

So you have no argument and are just going with an attempted condescending dismissal. Solid rebuttal.

The problem is that your 2 only "obvious" options arent valid. You either dont really understand the case or you are looking for arguments and begging for the kind of condescending remark you are now complaining about.
Know Your Enemy
AG
expresswrittenconsent said:

The problem is that your 2 only "obvious" options arent valid. You either dont really understand the case or you are looking for arguments and begging for the kind of condescending remark you are now complaining about.
Vernada
AG

Why go through all the time/expense of trials to probably only end up in the same place?

He gets paid. And even though they admit nothing, everyone now knows the nfl at least thought they'd be found guilty of collusion. Seems pretty straight forward.
Vernada
AG
Alvarado Times said:

so now another coupla guys start to kneel.... cant sign a deal... boom lawsuit.... hell maybe Bryce Harper and Manny Machado should start kneeling!!!

And that should be exactly why you believe Kap had a solid case. The nfl absolutely doesn't want to set a precedent here (not meant in the legal sense) so there's only one reason they pay him.
MooreTrucker
AG
Macarthur said:

Junkhead said:

I don't think it proves that at all, just that it wasn't worth the continued fight and bad pr. Not like the nfl is hurting for money and Kap clearly had a price.

So the NFL did nothing wrong yet felt it was worth a reported at least $60MM to make it go away? I realize they make a ton of money but they're not throwing away cash like that if they're innocent here. Let's not forget that proving collusion like this is very difficult. Him not being signed is not enough for that. There has to be plenty of other evidence that his legal team had in their possession.
Agree w junk. While Kap wasn't the second coming, he clearly was a capable enough QB to be on an NFL roster. There is some really weak QB play in the league. I don't see how any thinking person doesn't see some level of collusion here.
I'm a thinking person and I can see how there isn't collusion. The definition of "collusion" is

Quote:

secret agreement or cooperation especially for an illegal or deceitful purpose

There doesn't have to be any kind of agreement between NFL teams for them all to not want to sign this cancer.

And if part of this settlement is that he shuts up and goes away, then it's worth it to the NFL....and all of us.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.