Kaep doesn't want to play...he wants to protest

6,280 Views | 49 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by MooreTrucker
Rudyjax
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000926234/article/seahawks-postpone-workout-for-colin-kaepernick

bilbobag
He's not going to say or do anything that will comprise his ongoing litigation with the league.
Rudyjax
AG
bilbobag said:

He's not going to say or do anything that will comprise his ongoing litigation with the league.
What is the litigation about? Money? Getting a job? Publicity?

I'm pretty sure when they show that he turned down opportunities to sign the lawsuit will end up not in his favor.
Azariah
AG
I learned all I needed to know about Colin Kaepernick's motivations from the mouthpiece of the people he's suing. /s
Matsui
AG
What does that mean?
hph6203
AG
Kaepernick is suing the NFL for collusion. The linked article is about Kaepernick not guaranteeing that he won't kneel during the anthem and is from NFL.com.

Doubt the information so false, so not entirely sure why the fact it's NFL.com is relevant, because if it were false Kaep could debunk it and the NFL would have some explaining to do.

Spoilers: Kaepernick sees himself as more valuable as a protester than as a QB so he will never give that guarantee. Playing the Martyr card when he doesn't have an actual mechanism for change other than complaining.
PatAg
AG
I guess what I don't get is, no one is forcing this guy to stay in the NFL right? I'm not a lawyer, so there must be something that makes him think he has a case.
Muy
AG
Nobody wants to hire him. Move on.
DannyDuberstein
AG
It doesn't take collusion to realize someone is a dumbass that would be far more trouble for your team/business than the value they bring. Plus, he'd be an odd backup that most likely needs you to redesign your offense for him. That's not functional or valuable in a league where only the starter is getting meaningful practice reps once the season starts. Not enough time to **** with that kind of thing.
txjortsagent
AG
With his skill set, he's more likely to hit cleanup for the Toledo Blue Hens.

Stupid ass.
Ag_07
AG
And now Eric Reid has filed his own collusion grievance
Rudyjax
AG
Johnny should join in that they're colluding that they don't want to hire him.
IrishAg
Ag_07 said:

And now Eric Reid has filed his own collusion grievance

Ahh the classic 21st century protestor response of "WE WANT CHAGE, WE THINK THIS COUNTRY IS UNJUST.....wait, you're holding this against me? I can't just keep my life the exact same way it was before I voiced my opinion even though the primary consumers who pay for my job are different from me and don't believe that what I am doing is right? You should respect that I'm different from you and your beliefs and not hold this against me, because that's unfair! You don't respect that I'm different, well, I'll just sue you!"

I never mind people standing up for what they believe is right, even if it's a completely opposite of what I believe (such as this case of protesting the national anthem). In fact I can even respect them for it...but dammit, accept the ****ing consequences of your protests! You don't have to like those consequences, hell you can even complain about it all you want, but don't blame others for your actions...own them, they are your actions, just or unjust, and those consequences are what comes from doing what you feel is right.

Lord help us if we ever have a large scale conflict in this world again, I don't even think half of the US could mentally comprehend something like that, let alone be able to help protect the country (some would probably actively fight against this country, and then wonder what happened to their great life and complain about how hard they have it if they somehow helped overthrow our government)

Apologies for putting this on the Football board but damn, I have issues with this current "we want change crowd, but don't judge us for it, and we also don't really want to anything more than just be half-assed about it....t-shirts and signs are cool."
ramblin_ag02
AG
I'm with you Kaep and Reid! No one in the NFL will hire me either. Let me throw my name in this lawsuit and we'll make it a class action
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
. . .

Olsen
AG
Funny how this comes out just hours after we found out Kaepernick was asking $20 million from the AAF.
OCEN99
AG
Bunk Moreland
OCEN99 said:

How is that even possible? He turned down invites to go to camp because he wanted to be the guaranteed starter.
PatAg
AG
So either he is a very shrewd businessman or a giant hypocrite.

Or he is going to donate a lot of the hush money and truly believes in what he says
J. Walter Weatherman
Just more proof he never wanted to play and was only looking for a payday
Know Your Enemy
AG
Bunk Moreland said:

OCEN99 said:

How is that even possible? He turned down invites to go to camp because he wanted to be the guaranteed starter.
Or maybe those stories weren't true.
Know Your Enemy
AG
PatAg said:

So either he is a very shrewd businessman or a giant hypocrite.

Or he is going to donate a lot of the hush money and truly believes in what he says.
He's already donated 7 figures of his own money while he was unemployed.
Know Your Enemy
AG
J. Walter Weatherman said:

That's not true at all. What this proves is that the NFL absolutely was colluding against him or they never would have settled since it should be very hard to win a suit without some solid evidence, especially for the rumored $60MM - $80MM figure that's out there.
Bunk Moreland
Junkhead said:

That's not true at all. What this proves is that the NFL absolutely was colluding against him or they never would have settled since it should be very hard to win a suit without some solid evidence, especially for the rumored $60MM - $80MM figure that's out there.

Yeah but even if they didn't collude but there were some not so flattering email exchanges etc... NFL runs risk of that becoming out during discovery.

Not sure what to think. I don't know that I'm buying that dollar amount yet either.
J. Walter Weatherman
I don't think it proves that at all, just that it wasn't worth the continued fight and bad pr. Not like the nfl is hurting for money and Kap clearly had a price.
Coppell97
AG
Kevin Sumlin has lost control of the NFL's legal strategy.
MookieBlaylock
AG
This was a work from the get go

Dude is a con man and the NFL got off cheap
Know Your Enemy
AG

I don't think it proves that at all, just that it wasn't worth the continued fight and bad pr. Not like the nfl is hurting for money and Kap clearly had a price.

So the NFL did nothing wrong yet felt it was worth a reported at least $60MM to make it go away? I realize they make a ton of money but they're not throwing away cash like that if they're innocent here. Let's not forget that proving collusion like this is very difficult. Him not being signed is not enough for that. There has to be plenty of other evidence that his legal team had in their possession.
alvtimes
so now another coupla guys start to kneel.... cant sign a deal... boom lawsuit.... hell maybe Bryce Harper and Manny Machado should start kneeling!!!
BMX Bandit
Until one of the well-known NFL reporters puts out that dollar amount, going to guess it's fakes news
Macarthur
Junkhead said:

So the NFL did nothing wrong yet felt it was worth a reported at least $60MM to make it go away? I realize they make a ton of money but they're not throwing away cash like that if they're innocent here. Let's not forget that proving collusion like this is very difficult. Him not being signed is not enough for that. There has to be plenty of other evidence that his legal team had in their possession.
Agree w junk. While Kap wasn't the second coming, he clearly was a capable enough QB to be on an NFL roster. There is some really weak QB play in the league. I don't see how any thinking person doesn't see some level of collusion here.
J. Walter Weatherman
Not sure how many ways to make this point - it doesn't matter how he compares to the Petermans and Josh Johnson's of the league. The NFL has a hard cap. Why would any team spend such a large piece of that on a backup who also happens to be a major media distraction? Multiple reports have come out now that he wanted $20MM from the AAF, which is paying its players 83k a season, so no telling what he was demanding from NFL teams.

Just because 32 teams decided they didn't want to sign him doesn't prove collusion, the NFL was likely just tired of dealing with it and paid him to go away. Not to mention his case gets even weaker given that Eric Reid just signed a 3 year extension.
Bunk Moreland
That doesn't equal collusion. Multiple times during the early part of this there were reports that teams invited him to camp and he wasn't willing to come in without a guarantee of a starter and contract. Nathan Peterman will show up for the league minimum, know his role and bust his ass helping the starter get ready.

Kaep wasn't interested in that type of roster spot, even as a temporary measure.

The whole "he's better than other qb's in the league" is the worst talking point in the entire discussion.
BMX Bandit
Quote:

I don't see how any thinking person doesn't see some level of collusion here.

What's the evidence of collusion?

Collusion against Manziel also? Dez for most of the year?
expresswrittenconsent
BMX Bandit said:

Until one of the well-known NFL reporters puts out that dollar amount, going to guess it's fakes news

I can't stand Mike Freeman but he is a absolutely "one of the well-known NFL reporters" so presumably you meant that you refuse to believe it until all of the NFL reporters report it, or maybe you have one special NFL reporter you like the most and are waiting on them to report it.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.