Romo to be released

8,196 Views | 95 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Zombie Jon Snow
corleoneAg99
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Retirement or being released is effectively the same thing in terms of impact on the cap and in terms of proving what trade value he had.

As in he had zero trade value.

That's the point of the "brag".

BMX Bandit
Got it

Hoping MacArthur doesn't work in a high-rise. He will be very emotional this morning
corleoneAg99
AG
Also not sure what sources you're hearing but Schefter tweeted he's being released and that's what the Ticket is reporting as well.

He's being released and likely designated as a post June 1 cut.
mm98
AG
W
AG
so Romo finishes his career with 1 playoff win?
gigem1223
W said:

so Romo finishes his career with 1 playoff win?

W
AG
okay, then he may hold the distinction of being the greatest QB in NFL history with 2 or fewer playoff wins
gigem1223
W said:

okay, then he may hold the distinction of being the greatest QB in NFL history with 2 or fewer playoff wins

I would say the 2nd greatest with out a ring (Dan Marino)
BMX Bandit
W said:

Though I consider him highly overrated, Namath is in the HoF, so he likely gets this distinction
Macarthur
BMX Bandit said:

Got it

Hoping MacArthur doesn't work in a high-rise. He will be very emotional this morning
funny
PooDoo
AG
gigem1223 said:

W said:

Warren Moon? Fran Tarkenton? Archie Manning?

AgsMyDude
AG
gigem1223 said:

W said:

3rd behind Jim Kelly.
redag06
This is a joke, right?
Tom Kazansky 2012
AG
gigem1223 said:

W said:

What do people smoke on TexAgs?
BMX Bandit
Is what a joke?
rbcs_2
AG
redag06 said:

This is a joke, right?

I had to look it up. I actually had no idea he only won more than 2 playoff games.
AgsMyDude
AG
PooDoo said:

gigem1223 said:

W said:

Warren Moon? Fran Tarkenton? Archie Manning?

Jim Kelly?
redag06
2nd greatest QB without a ring is a joke, right?

As others have stated, Kelly, Warren Moon, Tarkenton, McNabb are all better qbs who even got closer to a ring than Romo.
Olsen
AG
CBS really wanted Romo badly enough to kick Phil Simms to the curb.

ce1994
AG
In case you were not aware Phil Simms does not get along with many people.
ac04
and he's also terrible at that job
ce1994
AG
He is not that bad. People complain about broadcasters way too much. Simms knows the game. He is just a dick.
BMX Bandit
I didn't say Romo was 2nd best without a ring.
redag06
Yea sorry about that, the post above yours did. I hit reply to the wrong post.
ac04
ce1994 said:

He is not that bad. People complain about broadcasters way too much. Simms knows the game. He is just a dick.
he's awful. these are actual quotes from the miami vs pittsburgh wild card came on 1/8

Quote:

It's the linebackers job to make sure they make those tackles.
Quote:

This pass caught them off guard! Well, it didn't catch them off guard.
Quote:

Here he comes across the middle... football.
Quote:

Shazier he's not one of the fastest guys, but... he's... definitely one of the fastest.
regarding a holding penalty to make it 1st and 20:
Quote:

Sometimes there are good holdings. That might be one
regarding an offsides penalty by miami when they were down 23-6:
Quote:

That could be a gamebreaker!
Quote:

I can't blame Matt Moore. If it wasn't for that INT and two fumbles, he's had a perfect game.
he also said "talked about" 19 times in this game.
ce1994
AG
Well then let's just go kill him, Dave South and every other broadcaster you numb nuts think of as terrible. I mean heaven forbid every coach potato not only could be the top broadcaster but also general manager, head coach, etc.

A guy can't enjoy an A&M big loss without a damn Dave South sucks thread.
ac04
or you could just calm down and stop getting defensive about someone you don't even know.
BMX Bandit
Thread officially ce1994'd
ce1994
AG
I am not riled. You are just a typical internet loud mouth *****ing about someone's job performance as if you could do any better. I can say without question Phil Simms has forgotten more about football than you have ever known. But he is terrible at his job. You mean he makes mistakes when he is talking off script? Heaven forbid that.
ac04
his job is to talk off script. he's providing commentary for live sporting events. take a deep breath.
ce1994
AG
You are right BMX. It is official. Phil Sims, the number one guy at CBS for years is terrible. Which makes CBS dumber than a sack of hammers because all they had to do was come to texags and found a better replacement in less than a day.

Phil Simms problem was Phil Simms. He seemed to get along with Jim Nantz. He did not however got along with Greg Gumbell. Simms stepped on him as many times as he could. Made no sense but then again Simms is just that way.

And people that talk off script are prone to make mistakes. But Simms knows the game and his insight on coverages, blitzes, etc. is top notch. Troy Aikman as well. Is Aikamn the best? No. But I was watching a Cowboys game when Spurrier was coaching the Redskins and Aikman said the blitz packages the Cowboys were sending were not at all complicated, meaning Spurrier was not prepared.

I will take that over a few mistakes any day of the week.
Goldie Wilson
ce1994 said:

Well then let's just go kill him, Dave South and every other broadcaster you numb nuts think of as terrible. I mean heaven forbid every coach potato not only could be the top broadcaster but also general manager, head coach, etc.

A guy can't enjoy an A&M big loss without a damn Dave South sucks thread.
that escalated quickly
k20dub
AG
ce1994
AG
I am a big tennis fan. I do not particularly like John McEnroe because of the way he acted as player. He also would make criticisms of players that I thought "wow, this guy would murder McEnroe and here he is giving an opinion of what he should do". One thing he said for years was about Federer v. Nadal. Nadal would murder Federer and McEnroe would consistently say Federer needed to move in on the backhand and attack it. To take it high and slice it back just played to Nadal's strength. And low and behold he was right. Federer is now doing that and he is murdering Nadal.

People like Simms brings that type of knowledge to a game. And I would take it over that circle jerk nonsense any day of the week. I liked Gary Danielson until last year. It just seemed like last year he either had a stroke or was drunk half the time. But before that he knew what he was talking about.

I want announcers that bring more than the average fan knows and Simms brought that. But that is just my opinion and it is worth what you paid for it.

i just read Tony Romo could also do golf coverage for CBS.
Phat32
AG
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.