Romo to be released

8,063 Views | 95 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Zombie Jon Snow
ac04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
some other 2016 phil simms highlights. again, these are real quotes from a professional broadcaster:

Quote:

After the Jets missed field goal, that's when you change the way you call the game or whatever
Quote:

Matt Fort is like a QB. He throws to the right spot
Quote:

Really love what the Jets what they are doing: running, passing
Quote:

Look at this throwing motion. You don't have to tell. You can tell.
Quote:

It just takes a single play to get to wherever.
Quote:

We make notes and I made a note on the top of this piece of paper: For 5 years, the Patriots defense is fast.
Quote:

When are you gonna say... hey, you can't predict. One week happens the next.
Quote:

He's not in the neutral zone. He's offsides.
Quote:

There are four games in a quarter.
Quote:

You have to be careful. You're the backup quarterback and.... (end of sentence)
Quote:

He's the best receiving tight end in the, the team! He's the tight end.
Quote:

Give me some words. I've run out of words.
Quote:

Calamity isn't the word. It's more more... you... you just can't trust it.
Quote:

Can they make the tackles? In other words, can they make the tackles.
Quote:

That's one thing Pete Carroll is good at - not talking, working the referees, constantly talking, working the referees.
Quote:

Former first round pick! From... I forgot what school.
Quote:

When you don't control the line of scrimmage, you don't control the situation. And that can create a situation.
Quote:

He (D.J. Hayden) had a terrific injury in college.
Quote:

NFL players are superstitious. They like their cleats broken in.
Quote:

Aaron Rodgers has a chip on his shoulder because he wasn't drafted... er... went to a major school.
Quote:

This is the same thing... when... we saw Aaron Rodgers DO, throw a football.
Quote:

There a fine line, Ben Roethisberger. In other words... Tyrod Taylor, he's aggressive!
ce1994
AG
OK. Are you old enough to remember John Madden? That guy said insane stuff all the time. But he brought a perspective to the game that more polished people did not have. Do you think Don Meredith was perfect? No he was not.

We are going to just have to agree to disagree on this. Phil Simms knows football. And that is what I want to hear. I want someone elevating the dialogue of the game by actually talking about things football related. That is what the color commentator does. The main guy can be the polished one. I want the color guy so say "what the hell was that guy thinking".
gougler08
AG
ce1994 said:

I am not riled. You are just a typical internet loud mouth *****ing about someone's job performance as if you could do any better. I can say without question Phil Simms has forgotten more about football than you have ever known. But he is terrible at his job. You mean he makes mistakes when he is talking off script? Heaven forbid that.
You sound like my wife when I say somebody sucks at a given sport..."you shouldn't say things like that because you can't do any better"
ce1994
AG
Phil Simms was not terrible in my opinion.
Reginald Cousins
S
She hates you.
Goldie Wilson
ce1994 said:

Phil Simms was not terrible in my opinion.
You should have just said that earlier rather than crying for 2 pages
752bro4
AG
corleoneAg99
AG
Is Jerry getting CBS' first round pick....or nah?
Ervin Burrell
AG
CBS press release just confirmed that Romo is straight up replacing Simms...pretty bold move.
AgsMyDude
AG
Phil Simms was terrible in my opinion.

PatAg
AG
Literally the first person I have ever encountered that enjoyed Simms announcing.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Never cared for Simms at all. For a guy that played QB, I never found him insightful. Incredibly bland and I'd find him constantly falling back on a lot of generic catch-phrases and crutches. I'm sure he knows a lot, but there's a difference between knowledge and being able to identify and communicate insights based on that knowledge.

He also seemed oblivious WAY too often - where he was clearly wrong about something but refused to admit a mistake. He'd just dig in further. That was an area where his reputstion for being difficult came across on air.
$
I hope his career as an announcer isn't as mediocre and disappointing as his career as a quarterback.
Kashchei
AG
k20dub said:

Kashchei
AG
752bro4 said:

Dat coiff doh
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
$ said:

I hope his career as an announcer isn't as mediocre and disappointing as his career as a quarterback.

He'll certainly experience more playoff games.......
zephyr88
AG
Zombie Jon Snow said:

Reginald Cousins
S
Zombie Jon Snow said:

$ said:

How many playoff games does CBS get a year?
Zombie Jon Snow
AG

Minimum 5....but over 3 weekends...so he could have 3 in year one. 4 if they have the SB and they will not this year but the next. Being the #1 team you have to assume he'll be working 3 or 4 every year.

His playoff record is 2-4 so 2 years in he will have had more playoffs games as an announcer with 7.
Reginald Cousins
S
Zombie Jon Snow said:

Minimum 5....but over 3 weekends...so he could have 3 in year one. 4 if they have the SB and they will not this year but the next. Being the #1 team you have to assume he'll be working 3 or 4 every year.

His playoff record is 2-4 so 2 years in he will have had more playoffs games as an announcer with 7.
That's my point. Near any #1 broadcaster will experience more. Tom Brady could if he went that route.

Was basically saying that's not much of a dig if that's what you were going for.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG

more like a funny quip....i'm a Romo fan actually.....but......

Reginald Cousins
S
I got that it was a joke. It was still a "dig".

No harm no foul.
ce1994
AG
I think Romo will be good at the job. He has a good sense of humor. I think Aikman is good but he lacks humor. Romo can joke around.
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
phil simms is an insufferable dbag disliked by the vast majority of people familiar with him...

...i'm beginning to understand your fondness of him.
Rudyjax
AG
Did you guys see him at Tony Romo night st the Mavs game last night?

He looked pretty good on the ball court. Took Devin Harris to the hole and also shot over him.

Apparently Romo could've played college basketball too.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Unthought Known said:

Did you guys see him at Tony Romo night st the Mavs game last night?

He looked pretty good on the ball court. Took Devin Harris to the hole and also shot over him.

Apparently Romo could've played college basketball too.

Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Also this was cool

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.