Cowboys lose to Packers, Texans beat Patriots.

4,882 Views | 46 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Dr Lane Trowlan
Wife is an Aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Wife is an Aggie
As someone who is not a fan of either team this would be amazing just to see the arguments on this board alone... That is all. Happy Monday!

Ags #1
AG
And I will be sleeping with Megan fox tonight
Wife is an Aggie
If the Texans beat the Patriots but lose the next round, and the Cowboys lose the packers... Who had the better season?
Ag12thman
AG
It's good to have both Texas teams in the second round of the playoffs, IMO. I will pull for both.
mAgnoliAg
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
I have ignored 99.9% of the goings-on in the NFL this season due largely to the idiocy stemming from the league's decision to disallow the helmet stickers for the Cowboys to honor the DPD while condoning that moron in San Francisco ... but I am very much aware of how awesome a season the Cowboys have had. The Texans have had a decent season.

No way in hell is Houston defeating the Patriots. The Cowboys could lose I suppose, but there is not even a snowball's chance that the Texans go any further than their next game.
Ag12thman
AG
Patriots definitely look like the "Bama" of the league and have since Brady returned, pretty much.
Confucius
Wife is an Aggie said:

Wife is an Aggie

As someone who is not a fan of either team this would be amazing just to see the arguments on this board alone... That is all. Happy Monday!

Let me guess, your wife's username on here is Husband is a Moron.
Wife is an Aggie
Typical cowboys fan! Don't be so sensitive!

In all seriousness though, I'll be cheering for the Cowboys over the packers big time.
Gigem Trevas
If you aren't a fan of either team why do you care?
TyHolden
AG
Ags #1 said:

And I will be sleeping with Megan fox tonight

johnny
CoachRTM
AG
A Texans/ Cowboys Super Bowl in Houston is still a possibility.

An very small possibility, but a possibility nonetheless. According to 538, Dallas has a 32% chance to make it, and Houston has a 4% chance. That means that right now, theres's about a 1.3% chance of an all Texas Super Bowl.

Of course, there's a 36% chance they BOTH get eliminated this weekend....
Azariah
AG
The Texans winning would be a pretty big upset, but if you're going to do it, a stifling D and ok offense is what will get it done.
NukeAg10
AG
this OP is why you're a woman.
NukeAg10
AG
Ag12thman said:

Patriots definitely look like the "Bama" of the league and have since Brady returned, pretty much.

if we're gonna call the patriots "bama" then i think, in cfb terms, the cowboys are clemson. let's hope the same thing happens in february.
BarryProfit
Azariah said:

The Texans winning would be a pretty big upset, but if you're going to do it, a stifling D and ok offense is what will get it done.

The Texans have an ok offense?
MooreTrucker
AG
Ag12thman said:

And we saw how that worked out last night, huh?
95_Aggie
AG
Texans are not the same as Clemson.
BMX Bandit
Wife is an Aggie said:

If the Texans beat the Patriots but lose the next round, and the Cowboys lose the packers... Who had the better season?

In that scenario, the Texans had the better season.

Based on the Moneyline odds, there is about a 3.38% chance this occurs
Wife is an Aggie
Hey I never said this was my prediction... Just saying if it were to happen I bet we have some entertaining threads. Cheering for both teams this weekend.

Carry on!
Jason Ag
AG
Only way Houston wins is if Brady goes down, and Jimmy can't play in the cold.
Sea Gull
AG
Didn't the Patriots already spank that ass with a 3rd string QB?
suburban cowboy
AG
I'm predicting this
BassCowboy33
BMX Bandit said:

Wife is an Aggie said:

In that scenario, the Texans had the better season.

Based on the Moneyline odds, there is about a 3.38% chance this occurs

There's about. 4.1% chance of it happening based on ESPN's models. Both underdogs face pretty steep odds. Houston is obviously completely outclassed in this matchup and Dallas is a matchup nightmare for GB.
aTm2004
AG
Texan fan here. The Texans will be bent over by New England. Brady will probably be pulled in the 3rd.

I also think the Packers will beat the Cowboys. Rodgers is playing in God mode right now and their defense is better than it was when they played the Cowboys earlier in the season. Also, the Cowboys have essentially had a couple of weeks off due to the bye and the last game of the season being meaningless, so there could be some rust there. Should be a good game though.
MooreTrucker
AG
aTm2004 said:

I also think the Packers will beat the Cowboys. Rodgers is playing in God mode right now and their defense is better than it was when they played the Cowboys earlier in the season. Also, the Cowboys have essentially had a couple of weeks off due to the bye and the last game of the season being meaningless, so there could be some rust there. Should be a good game though.
I think none of that will be true. Rodgers is playing over the top right now, but standing on the sidelines he can't do that. Their defense is not that much better, and I don't expect there to be much rust as opposed to rest, and several important players will be back because of it.
BassCowboy33
MooreTrucker said:

aTm2004 said:

I think none of that will be true. Rodgers is playing over the top right now, but standing on the sidelines he can't do that. Their defense is not that much better, and I don't expect there to be much rust as opposed to rest, and several important players will be back because of it.

They have something like the 28th ranked road defense in the NFL. People are so enamored with how Rodgers is playing that they're completely overlooking the most important matchup of the game: Green Bay's defense against that Dallas rushing attack. If Dallas wins that battle, it won't matter how well Rodgers plays.
Ag12thman
AG
It comes down to whether or not Dallas can run the ball consistently enough to keep Rodgers on the sideline, IMO. If they get pass-happy (like Garrett teams have done in the past) and do something like what Saban and Sark did in the national title game's second half, their chances of winning are likely going to be diminished. Just my take. Could be wrong, but I don't think they are going to throw their way to a win. If they can't run it'll likely be a loss. If they can, it'll likely be a win. Green Bay D was pretty solid in all phases this past weekend, so we will see. You just never know in the NFL.
BassCowboy33
Ag12thman said:

It comes down to whether or not Dallas can run the ball consistently enough to keep Rodgers on the sideline, IMO. If they get pass-happy (like Garrett teams have done in the past) and do something like what Saban and Sark did in the national title game's second half, their chances of winning are likely going to be diminished. Just my take. Could be wrong, but I don't think they are going to throw their way to a win. If they can't run it'll likely be a loss. If they can, it'll likely be a win. Green Bay D was pretty solid in all phases this past weekend, so we will see. You just never know in the NFL.

1. Garrett doesn't call the plays. Dallas had an almost complete 50/50 split on the year. They fell behind by double digits in multiple games and never deviated.

2. The Giants offense is simply awful. Awful. Awful. Awful.

3. Green Bay has played against a few top ten rushing teams this season and been bulldozed by all of them. Nothing they've done has indicated that will change. Rushing defense stats will always look good when you play four games a season against two of the three worst rushing teams in football.
Schrute
Flogi
If The Texans and the cowboys both make the super bowl then Dallas will get the beat down. This is a fact.
MooreTrucker
AG
Flogi said:

If The Texans and the cowboys both make the super bowl then Dallas will get the beat down. This is a fact.
The Texans will beat down the Cowboys??? In what universe?
BassCowboy33
MooreTrucker said:

Flogi said:

The Texans will beat down the Cowboys??? In what universe?

I took this the other way. "Getting the beat down" infers doing the beating. "Getting beat down" or "Getting a beat down" would infer taking the beating.
Reginald Cousins
S

Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.