*** Texans vs. Patriots ***

17,057 Views | 564 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by pagerman @ work
Walrus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Did BOB shake hands after the game?
Buck Compton
AG
quote:
Did BOB shake hands after the game?
Well after taking it up his ass all night, he probably walked over and kindly thanked him for the reaming.
Say Chowdah
AG
Great game!

Bellichick is just amazing! As long as he is the HC, there is no reason to ever think they will lose a game. Sure they do lose games, but it's not like you go into a game assuming that the Pats are going to lose....
PatriotAg02
AG
Texans:

Your defense is legit.

Your offense is not.

The End.
tremble
AG
Rick Smith should be run out of town. What he's done with the OL is atrocious.
Frok
AG
quote:
Great game!

Bellichick is just amazing! As long as he is the HC, there is no reason to ever think they will lose a game. Sure they do lose games, but it's not like you go into a game assuming that the Pats are going to lose....

I bet they lose next week.
Frok
AG
quote:
Rick Smith should be run out of town. What he's done with the OL is atrocious.

He actually got a raise and extension for this past off-season.
W
AG
and another thing that shows the utter incompetence of BoB and Godsey...what the Pats' D did tonight...is the same thing they did to Arizona in week 1. Played safeties back to deny the long passes to Floyd and Brown; and made Palmer dump everything underneath to Fitz.

Texans should have known that approach was going to be employed again against them
Aggie_buster
AG
Don't know who the sheetier coach is O'Brien or Mike Pettine.

Say Chowdah
AG
quote:
quote:
Great game!

I bet they lose next week.

They might. But I'd never bet against the Pats and not just because they are my team.... When was the last time the bills beat the Pats? And Rex is in the hot seat so it could be their turn to win one.

Actually I take it back... The Bills have their allotted 2 wins for this decade. (JK - sort of).

But the Pats record vs the Bills is 28 - 4 for this century.
6-4-3
AG
O'Brien is lucky that the Texans play in the dreadful AFC South (post prime Payton Manning Colts). The division is garbage. The Texans could win 9 or 10 games just by defense alone.
pagerman @ work
AG
Good news! O'Brien assures us that it is early in the season, only the 3rd game of the year, and there are a lot of games left. So no worries.

Also in what is the early leader for "understatement of the season", O'Brien says that the Pats executed their plan better than the Texans executed their plan.
W
AG
the Rotoworld headline on Brock:

"Osweiler unmasked in brutal effort vs. Pats"
Buck Compton
AG
quote:
Good news! O'Brien assures us that it is early in the season, only the 3rd game of the year, and there are a lot of games left. So no worries.

Also in what is the early leader for "understatement of the season", O'Brien says that the Pats executed their plan better than the Texans executed their plan.
The Texans had a plan?? News to me!
pagerman @ work
AG
quote:
quote:

The Texans had a plan?? News to me!

Well he could have meant "executed" in a "leave the gun, take the cannoli" sort of way.
MrPlow2010
AG
Brock has more interceptions than td drives through three games.
agproducer
AG
The offensive playcalling was awful. Every time the Texans got into 2nd and long or 3rd and short, they seemed to run the shotgun draw. If I could see it, the Patriots obviously did too.
Ozamataz Buckshank 01
AG
Has any head coaches coming out of Belichek's coaching tree ever been successful?
W
AG
nope.

and the list of failures gets longer and longer everyday.

Romeo, McDaniel, Weis, Mangini
Sparkie
AG
In the 2017 draft, the Houston Texans take 'insert name of defensive player here'.

Got to give them credit to sticking to their philosophy of ignoring the offensive line and quarterback position.

By Monday of next week the 610 homers will be preaching super bowl.

How much did they pay for their qb?
Texker
AG
Gotta admire the Patriots organization.
RedlineAg08
I try to like the Texans but all the only thing they've ever been good at is stepping on their *****.

I'm determined to be a Texan fan eventually because I live in Houston, but gosh dang they're making it hard.
aTm2004
AG
Hopefully this is the kick in the nuts this team needs to get going, much like they did after getting shanked in Miami last season.
Ag_07
AG
Did all you Brock haters actually think he was going to come in here with 7 starts and light it up and not have a stinker or two along the way?

This game was not lost because of Brock Osweiler. This game was lost by the coaches and the STs. The gameplan was extremely conservative and very defensive dependent, but when your STs gives them the ball on the 20 TWICE then you're screwed.

Also not to mention the OL was consistently beaten by fewer men. We had 3 and 4 man rushes beating 5 OL. WTF??

This loss is far from Brock Osweiler's fault.
aTm2004
AG
quote:
This loss is far from Brock Osweiler's fault.
Exactly. The o-line's "ole" blocking last night was executed to perfection. The Patriots were able to stop the Texans run game without stacking the box, which allowed them to drop more into the secondary and take away targets. Brock had some great passes that got some needed first downs, and he also had some drops that killed momentum. Fuller's drop when he was wide open in the middle comes to mind. Couple that with our special teams spitting the seed and giving the Patriots a short field twice, and it's easy to see why the Texans lost.
RedlineAg08
The Patriots didn't do anything special. Brissett didn't light them up. They literally lined up and beat the Texans ass on every play. Man to man ass whipping across the board. That vaunted Texan defense ought to be embarrassed.
Furlock Bones
AG
I slept on it, and I awoke thinking, "yep, that was an absolute embarrassment."
gambochaman
AG
Furlock Bones
AG
I'm sure it has been discussed. But, why the eff are we making Lamar Miller plow into the line 20 times a game?

THAT'S NOT WHAT HE DOES!!!! Stop ruining him Bill!
redag06
Or it could be like the September 22nd loss in 2013, the first of 14 losses.
redag06
Because OB is an idiot!
aTm2004
AG
I like to think of myself as an optimist.
Kozmozag
Online is a problem. Kick returnees, I guess is just bad luck, two different guys fumble. BO is at best going to be an average qb. The D is good. O'Brian still learning unfortunately.
Ag_07
AG
quote:
I'm sure it has been discussed. But, why the eff are we making Lamar Miller plow into the line 20 times a game?

THAT'S NOT WHAT HE DOES!!!! Stop ruining him Bill!

Because when you have 5 blockers and they have 3 rushers you expect that to be in your favor.
RedlineAg08
OB is married to his style of offense. All that time as a Patriot assistant and he didn't figure out that Belichick isn't married to anything. He'll come out and whip your ass with whatever style of offense and defense he needs to win the game that week.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.