Job Network
Sponsored by

Seeking new employment and am seeing Six Sigma as a Desired Skill on many postings

2,032 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by TdoubleH
kdm_01
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Haven't heard much from job applications I've put out there to this point and am now looking to add some more to the resume.

Anyone have experience with or recommendations for obtaining Six Sigma/Lean Green Belt certification?
I've read up on ASQ and IASSC accreditations and there are several (online) providers for each.

(Background: 18 years in rail industry with first half in field operations and second half in office environment leading a team in asset management and service planning/problem solving. In Fort worth, open to a new industry.)
Bledsoe08
AG
Great question! I am in the same boat. No bites on my applications either: Master's Degree in Public Admin, over 11 years in up level operations management, very successful career & proud of my resume. I highly recommend trying writenowresume.com if you're interested in having your resume professional written.

I've also been researching a little about getting a Six Sigma certification and have found on the main website recommended study guides for each level. Would really appreciate some responses to your question.
I'm familiar with quite a few of the principles, but how do I know which level or cert is right for me?
How hard is it actually to pass the test?
Which site is the best to use for certification?
Do most employers prefer Six Sigma or Lean Six SIgma?
JamesPShelley
kdm_01 said:

Haven't heard much from job applications I've put out there to this point and am now looking to add some more to the resume.

Anyone have experience with or recommendations for obtaining Six Sigma/Lean Green Belt certification?
I've read up on ASQ and IASSC accreditations and there are several (online) providers for each.

(Background: 18 years in rail industry with first half in field operations and second half in office environment leading a team in asset management and service planning/problem solving. In Fort worth, open to a new industry.)
When you say, "Haven't heard much from job applications I've put out there to this point and am now looking to add some more to the resume.", are you saying you're not getting interviews? Can you share how "adding" to the resume will improve the outcome (receiving interview invitations)? Is there a reason why you don't "add" that information now... being resident upon your resume so you don't have to return to "add" information?

You are welcome to connect with me, via email. Complimentary I will review and assess your resume... present you with some inquiries and, likely, I can give you some direction in an effort to advance your objective.

Have a great day!
agdaddy04
AG
Why would they put it on their resume before it's true?
kdm_01
AG
Bledsoe08 - check out San Diego States lean-six-sigma certification offering. That's the route I'll be going.

I am leery of the private companies offering programs - I feel better about this one in any case.
Boring Username
AG
Check out IISE (Institute of Industrial Engineers). That is where I took my Lean and Six Sigma courses. Affordable, pretty easy.
TdoubleH
AG
Send me your resume thomash at aggienetwork
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.