Job Network
Sponsored by

Resume writer

1,861 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by ravingfans
Maroon97
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I tried searching old threads, because I assume someone has asked this question in the past, but I did not have much luck.

I am looking for recommendations for a resume writer to assist to revamping my resume. I have been in the same industry for a long time, but I am interested in making a change. I graduated A&M with a mechanical engineering degree and later received my MBA from the school in Austin and have been doing finance-focused management consulting work. I would like to for a company and focus on internal finance/strategy/operations, rather continue consulting for outside clients. I do not need to meet the resume writer in person, but I want someone in the US and want to have a phone call, not just email back and forth. I am Class of 97, so I am looking at relatively senior roles and willing to pay for quality work. Paying someone $100-200 is a waste of time in my experience. You get what you pay for.

Any resume writer recommendations are appreciated. Thanks!
bmac_aggie18
AG
James P Shelly, he posts quite often on here and I'd expect he'll reply to this thread fairly soon
JamesPShelley
Thank you for the referral bmac_aggie18. I appreciate it.

Maroon97, you may visit me at my username dot com, as illustrated in my signature.

Thank you for your consideration. Have a good morning.
78bc3
AG
Former Student Career Services has resources to help you with your resume, for sharpening your search skills, and for expolring the hidden job market. fscshelp@tamu.edu
Paul Pausky BC3 '78
ravingfans
AG
Simple advice: use plenty of $'s, %'s, and #'s showing results in your previous roles. Did you make or save money? Did you grow revenue or decrease cost by a percentage? We're you ranked #1 in a group, or did you have a role in your organization being ranked #1 or increase their ranking.

Trust your writing skills--then when it comes time to talk to your resume, you will own it rather than getting tripped up on what someone wrote for you.

DM me if you want some (free) help.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.